Your Cricket Manee's Season 2008

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Manee, another workout that you can do is the old favorite - just run.

Works every single muscle in the body, increases stamina, and personally I like to do it. :)

If weather has you restricted in doors, just buy a treadmill. They're not too expensive here in the US and it's been one of my best buys.

Or, you could head over to the local gym and run there, they should have treadmills.
The perks of the gym are the other things you can do, lift weights and just get a whole lot stronger :)

Good luck, and well done on your recent match!

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Friday and Saturday action

Played on Friday in a game which we had to win comprehensively to have a chance of winning the league. We scored 200 ('we' meaning the batsmen_ and defended it successfully, winning by about 50 runs. I took one cheap wicket at the end of the innings but bowled a load of crap - three no ball full tosses from balls slipping out of my hand. The ball wasn't wet but it had absorbed a lot of moisture, making it huge: 4-0-23-1.

On Saturday, I was similarly out of rhythm, not able to land properly for some reason. It was slow tripe again, quite unusual for me to not find rhythm once in two games. Managed to take 2/34 off 10 though, my first wicket I'm quite proud of. Left arm over to a left handed batsman and it swung around his pads, hitting leg stump full on - it really did hoop, which I was quite pleased about.

Had a bit of a scary experience though, well, scary is being melodramatic, but anyway...
I banged my elbow on a chair, quite lightly and my hand started burning up, to the point where it really started to hurt. Thankfully, it stopped eventually. Banana milkshake splilt all over my bag too, which pissed me off also. Have to put my nice nike T-shirt and my back support in the wash now:(.

.Mob

International Coach
Have to put my nice nike T-shirt and my back support in the wash now:(.

Poor T shirt. :noway

Good to hear you got one to swing extravagantly, just need to do it more often now!

shubhrayu

International Coach
Mate i can give you a tip for bowling in 4 day games...

Try out the footballers fitness it works the bowlers in my team have tried this and it works.
In India's heat this worked so in England it would work easily..the conditions here are tough

pal

International Coach
What's the 'footballers fitness'?

shubhrayu

International Coach
It's a fitness course which Footballers do for 2 months If you attend it you'll get to know

Animator!

School Cricketer
Footballers don't just do a 2 month fitness course. They do fitness throughout the entire year, including during their holiday. Most likely they'll do a ton of core strength work, lots of sprint training such as shuttle runs etc, alongside more long distance running and stamina based fitness building. On top of that they will obviously do weights work to increase muscle mass and capabilities, building strength.

JD10

International Cricketer
i'm a left arm medium pace swing bowler and i have recently learned the offcutter they were trying to slog me over cow corner so i bowled a offcutter and got a wicket it turned a mile

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Weekend Update

I'm not sure what happened last week, as I forgot to post an update - long story short, I only bowled 7 overs in the two games on the weekend, so not much to report.

On Saturday, I got to bowl on a wet, torn up wicket. The downside was that it was extremely slow and the only balls that would bounce would pop up slowly. I opened the bowling and picked up two wickets. The first was played on by the batsman playing a cover drive and the second was caught at gully, skying a hoik to an outswinger outside off stump - both from left arm over. For my second spell, I went around the wicket - the game was dead, with them needing 20 more off 14 overs with six wickets left so I chose to go around the wicket and see how it went. I was practicing the 'Shoaib Akhtar' approach of completely slinging it from wide around the wicket, but found that I could only retrieve pace with this action if I bowled short outside off stump - it initially almost worked; the first ball of the spell was quick and edged over second slip for four and the third was skied and second slip dropped a sitter. I finished with 8-2-29-2.

On Sunday, I just got 4 overs in as bad weather ended the game early. I was feeling pretty good, I fired two well down leg side, but bowled a mostly good line on a slope, sloping sideways (down the right hander's leg side at my end) reminiscent of Lords;). I picked up 1/10 off 4. The wicket came off my second ball, it was a loosener, full outside off which was edged to the keeper by a batsmen whose feet were glued to the ground.

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
Not really a helpful contribution is it. Sorry this is a bump but this post has kind of annoyed me. He might not be an international cricketer but you can still want to play cricket at a high level for a mens team. He clearly loves his cricket as he has followed this thread through is always offering helpful advice and knows his stuff. I know im never going to make it to be a county cricketer but I love cricket and I want to be the best that I can. Just because you don't seem to mind how you play doesnt mean you should undermine how others want to play.

Manee first congratulations on your season, I appreciate your effort and with your performances I can see results.

At both Holdenator and Manee you misunderstood me. I will use myself as an example.

05 season - 7 50's averaged 74
06 season - 5 50's averaged 51
07 Season - 2 50's averaged 31
08 Season - 0 50's averaged 11

As you can see my results have dropped, this is for 1 reason. I out-thought myself. I play a bad shot and think I know why try and change it and everything falls apart, lose confidence, stop scoring runs etc etc you see the cycle.

Manee you seem to analyse everything you do which is good, but it can be bad.

Everything you do has to be right which is wrong. My advice was that you need to work had in training and perfect it, but in matches forget about everything and bowl, thats when you will be your best. You will improve pace as you grow up, technique is what you should work on. You will get faster by getting fitter and improving core which you can do.

My coach told me this

"When you are 19 nobody cares whether you were in the 1sts at school or the under 16 representative team, they care about what you do there and then". For you as well just bowl with technique and dont worry, you are obviously keen and obviously keen and obviously going places.

Good luck with the off-season. And have a good winter.

Spinksy

School Cricketer
i belive thats nothing if u r 16 year old. i am 14 but i work out and i am not fat at all. i got 6pack i weight around 147lbs

Haha, you think that is thin. I am 12 and 36kg's. Depressing really,

Highlander999

ICC President
Eat some food!

That would be dumb and just end up making you fat. What you need to do to get bigger and actually have it as muscle and not fat is to eat a very balanced diet and visit the gym a couple of times a week. This would help to build your weight up but in a positive way. Believe me it works. I used to be quite thin but really worked out hard at the gym and ate a good diet and it realy payed off. Of course I am now ruining it with excessive alcohol :p

As to Manee. I know how hard you work with your cricket mate and it is good to see you getting better whilst still enjoying it. Keep going man :)

lightbulb

Club Cricketer
That would be dumb and just end up making you fat. What you need to do to get bigger and actually have it as muscle and not fat is to eat a very balanced diet and visit the gym a couple of times a week. This would help to build your weight up but in a positive way. Believe me it works. I used to be quite thin but really worked out hard at the gym and ate a good diet and it realy payed off. Of course I am now ruining it with excessive alcohol :p

As to Manee. I know how hard you work with your cricket mate and it is good to see you getting better whilst still enjoying it. Keep going man :)

I don't remember saying 'go over the top.' I just said that he's probably as thin as a pencil and needs to eat a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread