Laptop Help IT WORKED!!!

afridi25

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
is this a new router provided by sky or a old one you had,
if it is a new router make sure the cable thingy is in the socket labelled DSL not the ones labelled 1-5. If it is the sockets labelled 1-5 it will say it is connected but not work (same as what you are experiencing) put it in the DSL socket.

If this does not work try playing around with the router and if things are not resolved reinstall all sky and wireless apps.

afridi25 added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

are you using the same router with your desktop pc or whatever you are using now.

If you are, it works on one pc, it might be the laptop

DPRA

International Cricketer
I sent the laptop to a computer shop around the corner from me, he took a look at it and said that the laptop needs to be wiped off and re-loaded on. :mad:

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Probably He's right. You need to backup all your important data on an external media, and let him format it, and reinstall windows Vista from scratch. Don't forget to install SP1 as well.

DPRA

International Cricketer
Probably He's right. You need to backup all your important data on an external media, and let him format it, and reinstall windows Vista from scratch. Don't forget to install SP1 as well.

Or even better, use vLite and integrate SP1 in your Vista installation itself. ;)

IT WORKED!!

It was a software malfunction, we have used the product recovery from Toshiba, Re-installed it, loaded Sky back on it and VOILA!!

I am back online!!

woooo!!! :cheers

Cheers lads!!!

DPRA

International Cricketer
Good that its working.

One rule to remember. If nothing else solves the problem, its time to reinstall Windows.

But I don't want to do that everytime. :laugh

Looks like I was correct there. If only someone got the true meaning of it. :cool:

Anyways, nice to hear its working now mate! :)

Thanks mate. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread