Laptop Help IT WORKED!!!

DPRA

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Then you don't have Vista SP1 installed. Since you can't use net on the laptop, you'll have to download and install the standalone installer. Its worth the effort IMO. Do it, it might just solve your prob. :)

Ok, I shall save it onto my data pen, and transfer it over that way. DO you have a link to where I can find it mate?

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Ok, from the screenshots, its clear that the laptop is able to connect to the internet.

The problem lies with either internet ports on the computer, or some sort of malware.
I suggest do what Kshitiz said. Install Vista SP1. If there is any problem with windows, it might be rectified.

Do you have access to the router? I have a feeling, it could be due to some incorrect configuration in the router.

Abhas added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Link for Vista SP1 : http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/...6D-5EBB-413B-89C9-CB3D06D12674&displaylang=en

Highlander999

ICC President
We had all sorts of problems when we first bought my laptop, trying to get it set up. In the end we just had to pay someone to come out and fix it. Maybe you might just have to throw some money around.......

DPRA

International Cricketer
We had all sorts of problems when we first bought my laptop, trying to get it set up. In the end we just had to pay someone to come out and fix it. Maybe you might just have to throw some money around.......

Money that I dont have Tom.
:noway

Ok, from the screenshots, its clear that the laptop is able to connect to the internet.

The problem lies with either internet ports on the computer, or some sort of malware.
I suggest do what Kshitiz said. Install Vista SP1. If there is any problem with windows, it might be rectified.

Do you have access to the router? I have a feeling, it could be due to some incorrect configuration in the router.

Abhas added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Link for Vista SP1 : http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/...6D-5EBB-413B-89C9-CB3D06D12674&displaylang=en

Right, I shall download the SP1, and see if it works then. I can access the Router, it just doesn't connect me to the internet for some
reason.

Now I just have to wait for it to download, Some PES I think. :)

Last edited:

Abhas

Retired Administrator
No, actually you are very much connected to the internet. You are unable to open any webpages.

Try windows update. It might be able to connect.

Are you using torrents or p2p software? I think they should be able to connect.

DPRA

International Cricketer
No, actually you are very much connected to the internet. You are unable to open any webpages.

Try windows update. It might be able to connect.

Are you using torrents or p2p software? I think they should be able to connect.

I have no additional software, apart from Limewire for my Music, and That can't connect.

Also, I can't use Windows update as it won't install any updates.

p2p Software?

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Any Firewalls / Antivirus you have installed on your system? Could be a conflict.

Abhas added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

p2p = Peer to Peer (like Limewire)

DPRA

International Cricketer
Any Firewalls / Antivirus you have installed on your system? Could be a conflict.

Abhas added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

p2p = Peer to Peer (like Limewire)

Nope, I only use the microsoft one that come with it, also Dont have any anti Virus yet.

And I only have Limewire installed.

I also don't think it is anything to do with the Router because we followed every step that Sky gave us to set it up, and all the settings are correct.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Well I would hardly say its a problem with the router because it is clearly able to ping google flawlessly. Therefore it IS something inside windows - Either its a faulty driver, some IP misconfiguration, or some other windows problem. We can install SP1 to check for the third, you can tell me if you changed routers for the first, and you can call Sky for any IP misconfiguration. :)

DPRA

International Cricketer
Well I would hardly say its a problem with the router because it is clearly able to ping google flawlessly. Therefore it IS something inside windows - Either its a faulty driver, some IP misconfiguration, or some other windows problem. We can install SP1 to check for the third, you can tell me if you changed routers for the first, and you can call Sky for any IP misconfiguration. :)

Nope, I haven't changed anything on the routers, and the IP address has never changed.

Im going to install SP1 and I will report back soon.

DPRA added 13 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Right, I went to install it and it says that Service Pack 1 is already Installed. :confused:

Does anyone know how to sort this out:

Untitled2-1.jpg

:help

Because this is Starting to annoy me know.

I have been on this computers internet settings and made sure they were the same on my laptop and are.

:brickwall

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Well this is bizarre. You just said in your computer properties it didn't say SP1? :confused:

Well did you by mistake set the IP address of the laptop same as the computer? :p

Me thinks you call Sky and ask for help. They might actually know where its all going wrong.

Or, you could try use the recovery of the laptop and reinstall windows? :confused:

DPRA

International Cricketer
Well this is bizarre. You just said in your computer properties it didn't say SP1? :confused:

Well did you by mistake set the IP address of the laptop same as the computer? :p

Me thinks you call Sky and ask for help. They might actually know where its all going wrong.

Or, you could try use the recovery of the laptop and reinstall windows? :confused:

Yep, It didn't say I had it installed, then it did. :confused:

Nope, when I set the Laptop set up from Sky I got my own IP address.

I have rang sky before and they said it wasn't a problem on there end, it must be our end. But we have made sure its not our end.

How do I recover the laptop?

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Well then, try having a call to Toshiba, especially if its still under warranty. Tell them the situation, I'm sure they can help. :)

Thing is I can't solve these types of cases generally when I'm not hands down on the machine itself lol. :p

Users who are viewing this thread