Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My unemployed ass back again. If it's any consolation, my sem starts from the end of the month so this will probably be the last of these batch reviews I'm doing (for a while).

MV5BMTY4NzcwODg3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTEwOTMyMw@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
MV5BMzUzNDM2NzM2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTM3NTg4OTE@._V1_.jpg
The_Shop_Around_the_Corner_%281940_poster_-_Style_C%29.jpg
MV5BM2MyNjYxNmUtYTAwNi00MTYxLWJmNWYtYzZlODY3ZTk3OTFlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg
MV5BMWMwMGQzZTItY2JlNC00OWZiLWIyMDctNDk2ZDQ2YjRjMWQ0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg
MV5BMjE1NzI5NTkwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTA4NzY2._V1_.jpg

Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind (2004) - It was perfect. Everything. Down to the last minute details. Top-10 film for me, maybe even top-5. Jim Carrey is one fine actor. Not a happy film but has a satisfying ending. It has some comedic and romantic moments but better to define it as a drama than romance. I just love how the film explores all the concepts it introduces. The idea of being able to erase the memories of a person. It doesn't shy away from showing both the beauty and ugliness of a relationship and the best part is it doesn't give a clear cut answer whether Joel and Clementine's relationship would survive this time. I just love the uncertainty of the ending, just like real life. Unrelated but I am just few weeks older than this film. Kinda makes it more special LOL. 10/10

La La Land
(2016) - I am not sure if I should even put this up here. I managed to watch around half of it (an hour) but found it really really boring and obnoxious. Both main characters felt very annoying. Seb (Ryan Gosling) going on his rant about jazz music made me roll my eyes. Maybe if I was a theater kid, I would appreciate it more? 5/10 for the cinematography although there is no point in rating half a film.

The Shop Around The Corner (1940) - This is easily the oldest film I've ever watched by far. You've Got Mail was based on this which I covered before. Unlike the Tom Hanks's film, the side-characters have actual personalities and well-developed. In old movies, characters tend to speak faster even though the pacing is slower than most modern-day films. But after a while, you get used to it. The dialogues were amazing. Loved the character interactions. For a "rom-com", it had some serious plotpoints involved (spoilers: the shop owner attempts suicide after learning his wife is cheating on him with his employee). Majority of the film is shot inside/outside of the shop, the characters are the only thing holding this film. My only gripe is that they didn't show/tell what was written in those letters. Would have solidified the story more. 8.5/10

The Godfather
(1972) & The Godfather Part II (1974) - Covering both of the classics together. I mean its the Godfather and its sequel. Not gonna act like a contrarian and call them bad films. They ain't. I can see why they have such a legendary status and I agree with it but I personally found both films a little slow for my liking. Acting and dialogues were brilliant. There wasn't much action like you would expect from modern-day mafia films but whatever little they have, it is very well thought-out. Michael Corleone's (Al Pacino) transformation was extraordinary. I would rate the first part as 8/10 and the second as 8.5/10

13 Going On 30
(2004) - I will need to give this a rewatch. Jennifer Garner's acting was too cute and innocent to dislike. Mark Ruffalo was good as well. Some really funny scenes there. Although the premise of "going back to past/future and changing your outcomes" thing has been to done to death at this point. 7/10

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
My unemployed ass back again. If it's any consolation, my sem starts from the end of the month so this will probably be the last of these batch reviews I'm doing (for a while).

MV5BMTY4NzcwODg3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTEwOTMyMw@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
MV5BMzUzNDM2NzM2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTM3NTg4OTE@._V1_.jpg
The_Shop_Around_the_Corner_%281940_poster_-_Style_C%29.jpg
MV5BM2MyNjYxNmUtYTAwNi00MTYxLWJmNWYtYzZlODY3ZTk3OTFlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg
MV5BMWMwMGQzZTItY2JlNC00OWZiLWIyMDctNDk2ZDQ2YjRjMWQ0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg
MV5BMjE1NzI5NTkwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTA4NzY2._V1_.jpg

Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind (2004) - It was perfect. Everything. Down to the last minute details. Top-10 film for me, maybe even top-5. Jim Carrey is one fine actor. Not a happy film but has a satisfying ending. It has some comedic and romantic moments but better to define it as a drama than romance. I just love how the film explores all the concepts it introduces. The idea of being able to erase the memories of a person. It doesn't shy away from showing both the beauty and ugliness of a relationship and the best part is it doesn't give a clear cut answer whether Joel and Clementine's relationship would survive this time. I just love the uncertainty of the ending, just like real life. Unrelated but I am just few weeks older than this film. Kinda makes it more special LOL. 10/10

La La Land
(2016) - I am not sure if I should even put this up here. I managed to watch around half of it (an hour) but found it really really boring and obnoxious. Both main characters felt very annoying. Seb (Ryan Gosling) going on his rant about jazz music made me roll my eyes. Maybe if I was a theater kid, I would appreciate it more? 5/10 for the cinematography although there is no point in rating half a film.

The Shop Around The Corner (1940) - This is easily the oldest film I've ever watched by far. You've Got Mail was based on this which I covered before. Unlike the Tom Hanks's film, the side-characters have actual personalities and well-developed. In old movies, characters tend to speak faster even though the pacing is slower than most modern-day films. But after a while, you get used to it. The dialogues were amazing. Loved the character interactions. For a "rom-com", it had some serious plotpoints involved (spoilers: the shop owner attempts suicide after learning his wife is cheating on him with his employee). Majority of the film is shot inside/outside of the shop, the characters are the only thing holding this film. My only gripe is that they didn't show/tell what was written in those letters. Would have solidified the story more. 8.5/10

The Godfather
(1972) & The Godfather Part II (1974) - Covering both of the classics together. I mean its the Godfather and its sequel. Not gonna act like a contrarian and call them bad films. They ain't. I can see why they have such a legendary status and I agree with it but I personally found both films a little slow for my liking. Acting and dialogues were brilliant. There wasn't much action like you would expect from modern-day mafia films but whatever little they have, it is very well thought-out. Michael Corleone's (Al Pacino) transformation was extraordinary. I would rate the first part as 8/10 and the second as 8.5/10

13 Going On 30
(2004) - I will need to give this a rewatch. Jennifer Garner's acting was too cute and innocent to dislike. Mark Ruffalo was good as well. Some really funny scenes there. Although the premise of "going back to past/future and changing your outcomes" thing has been to done to death at this point. 7/10

Did I just forget to include this one? Silly me.
df55fc90149604e5a2b6b247a39d6ce8.jpg

The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) - This had been on my watchlist for years but I thought I wasn't gonna like it considering its runtime and theme. My god! They really put cocaine in this. Where did the 3 hours go? Talk about fast-paced. How did Leo not win an Oscar? Honestly, not even sure how to describe this film. Non-stop action, you never feel that the film is slowing down. Most of the scenes are so iconic. I really need to watch more Scorsese. I have watched Shutter Island and this and both are in my favourites. It would have been so amazing to watch this in theatres. Fun fact - It was released on Christmas in USA. Very family friendly, dare I say. 9.5/10

CooldiPargi

Aal Izz Well
India
RCB...
CSK
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Of all the people in this movie, I want to cheer for Ludwig Göransson. :Claping:
oppenheimer_ver3_xxlg (1).jpg
Go for Imax if you're interested, it's worth it. I watched it in regular PVR. (No Imax in my nearby area) :sadx2:

A controversy may explode in India, just saying yk.

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
Speaking of which… I did see Barbie. Thought it was a well layered movie with good meta commentary. It could have easily been a cash grab like Mario or ended up leaning too much into one angle but I thought it was extremely well balanced without losing the heart and essence of what it wanted to convey. Also helps that the movie was extremely fun despite carrying serious tones underneath the pizzazz.
Post automatically merged:

Of all the people in this movie, I want to cheer for Ludwig Göransson. :Claping:
View attachment 281038
Go for Imax if you're interested, it's worth it. I watched it in regular PVR. (No Imax in my nearby area) :sadx2:

A controversy may explode in India, just saying yk.

Controversy?

I’m pretty sure most of our screens aren’t true IMAX screens sadly.

MishraJee

Panel of Selectors
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Oppenheimer in the cinemas was really something else the dialogue and music was perfection , You wouldn't even realize that 3 hours have passed at the end , The experience was amazing even though the audience in my theatre missed almost all the cues (Neils Bohr, Heisenberg , Richard Feynman, JFK, Einstein or may be it was just the physics and history nerd me ) there were almost no cheers except the mention of the Gita and the explosion of course , the lack of cheers was unexpected to say the least but the experience was just too good for it to matter. The trial scenes were simply immaculate in the way they were directed , Emily Blunts interrogation scene was one of the most impressive things scenes I have scene in a while, the fact that it got no cheers in my theatre was just a shock.
The character development that all the characters go through is was praiseworthy you could really see their perspective changing with the passage of time , Nolan has done a fantastic job as we see the entire story through Oppenheimer's eyes . The cast was simply too good to give a good performance Cillian Murphy, Emily Blunt, RDJ, Matt Damon , Florence Pugh , Rami Malek and the others have done amazing jobs in their roles .

Lastly The music was really something else the use of violins in some scores just made it a once in a lifetime experience for me just too good, Ludwig Göransson has done brilliant work with the soundtrack that complements the visuals in the perfect way.

Lastly for me personally not having watched the Dark Knight in the theatres (maybe because I was 10) would always be one of my biggest regrets in life, but having watched this I do feel a lot better...

Last edited:

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
The controversy was regarding use of Bhagawad Gita while carrying out the act of bold scenes which the traditional Hindus didn't like as they thought it disrespect their holy book.

Bevab

Staff Member
The controversy was regarding use of Bhagawad Gita while carrying out the act of bold scenes which the traditional Hindus didn't like as they thought it disrespect their holy book.

Humans are so alike all over the world irrespective of their beliefs and identities truly.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe he is talking about this?

I remember there were similar controversy regarding the 2015 Bond film, Spectre.

Seems on par for our censor board.

No wonder we’re so regressive in certain aspects.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Haven't watched as many movies as I would've liked since the last one, but here's what I have seen

kLacy1TrSedHrZcsup1JNHl1upk.jpg

It was generic sci-fi movie, but not as bad as I was expecting. 5/10

nePYsVp0qU8EbSXeUdr3xEkHlzN.jpg

After finishing the series I figured I'll give the movie a go. It was fine, show was much better but I enjoyed the movie for what it was. 5/10

xP328XWLccsitiTTClWGTNlwz48.jpg

Same as above, nothing special but was fine. 4/10

qwT2I3ons0oD58jIppKmd4qLtvB.jpg

A friend of mine recommended this movie to me, but i thought it was just okay. 6/10

gORksEPahEgO409HYJOZlNVyEpe.jpg

Not as good as the first, but I wasn't expecting anything special. 5/10

jKi5Q1kd6azoGI6hUJh0p0RxSmu.jpg

After watching a bunch of okay movies, I needed to recharge. Also since the new one was coming out I wanted to go back and watch the original again. This movie still holds up in my opinion the story, the effects everything. One of my favourite movies of all time. 10/10

d1YCyI7LlvNPbEDrgWvBoeLTzcR.jpg

This movie had been on my watchlist for a long while, my brother-in-law wanted to watch it so I watched it with him and movie was good, but nothing great. Acting was great, but the story was generic but theres nothing wrong with that. 7/10

gyh0eECE2IqrW8GWl3KoHBfc45j.jpg

I was going online to try and book my tickets for day 1 of the movie when I found the theater near me was doing an early preview the same day. I booked it right away and went to go watch it. It was better than I was expecting. After the last few turtles movies I didn't have too high of expectations but this exceeded my expectations. I didn't like how they changes some thing about the turtles and the back stories but for this alternate universe it's fine for what it is. My opinion the IDW comics TMNT universe is the best iteration of the turtles ever, this one is in the top 5 for sure. Really enjoyed this movie 8/10. I'll be going back to watch it again!

slsS6jT6SXjcTPOrsFcLIrHboXA.jpg

Another movie that had been on my list to watch for years. I'm glad I finally watched it. The end is a bit anticlimactic by modern standards but I still very much enjoyed the film. 8/10

Users who are viewing this thread