Last Movie You Watched

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Here's my latest update.

zPib4ukTSdXvHP9pxGkFCe34f3y.jpg

One of the best movies ever made. Love watching it every once in a while and still love it every time. 9.5/10

w7pWcLaYQkbtRUn99K6ome0DblL.jpg

At first I was hesitant to watch it after looking at the runtime, i figured I'll split it in a couple of days, but once the movie starts going I couldn't stop watching. One of the best samurai fight scenes in any movie a scene that has been copied many times since, but it was still awesome to see the original. Highly recommend this movie. 9/10

qNBAXBIQlnOThrVvA6mA2B5ggV6.jpg

What can I say about this. I enjoyed seeing the references but that can't be all what a movie is about. Everything else just fell a bit short for me. It was okay, but I wouldn't watch it again. 4/10

liLN69YgoovHVgmlHJ876PKi5Yi.jpg

Another one of those movies I just didn't like. I didn't like the main characters thought they were extremely unlikeable. Didn't like the story. Just avoid. 2/10

vZloFAK7NmvMGKE7VkF5UHaz0I.jpg

Really enjoyed it. Probably had one the best action scenes in all these movies. 7.5/10

mM5Cad2ESBprh6ucPnMzMfI34Cu.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, this was adapted from an Agatha Christie novel. Great movie, really kept me hooked throughout and I didn't see the twist coming at the end, I read a few recent reviews where people said they saw the twist coming maybe I wasn't paying full attention. Regardless I really enjoyed it 8.5/10

v7UF7ypAqjsFZFdjksjQ7IUpXdn.jpg

A movie that surprised me with how decent it was. Only because I had no expectations going in. I still liked most of the characters story was decently fun there were a few moments of stupidity but it still worked. 7/10

r2J02Z2OpNTctfOSN1Ydgii51I3.jpg

Another one I had low expectations for but ended up surprising me. I think it was the best Guardians movie out of the three. 8/10

tgNjemQPG96uIezpiUiXFcer5ga.jpg

This is regarded as one of Akira Kurosawa's best films and it's not hard to see why. It felt like two completely different movies in the first half and the second half. It felt almost like a Hitchcock film at points. Highly recommended if you haven't seen it. 9/10

Aeltt5tl02zrEj4GoMynHc94lWG.jpg

I have no idea why Robert Downey Jr. was nominated for an oscar for this movie. I wanted to strangle him each time he opened his mouth. I like Robert Downey Jr. but he has one of the worst british accents I've heard, I didn't even like when he did the same accent for his Sherlock movies. The movie was also not very good. I enjoyed the sets the costumes. The only thing I really liked and maybe what may have earned Downey the best actor nomination was the final scene. I really did like the final scene that alone sort of saved the movie for me. 5/10

kkfKLeOTo7RjS9TxHKpknlL7huS.jpg

This was the second film I saw that was directed by Billy Wilder (first was Witness for the Prosecution). I loved this one just as much at the other. After this I've added a few more of his movies to my watch list. 8.5/10

p9fmuz2Oj3HtEJEqbIwkFGUhVXD.jpg

If I wasn't scared watching this, I don't think I'll ever find a movie that I'll ever find scary. I really don't get what people find scary about these movies. I'll get startled when there's a jump scare (I don't remember there being a jump scare in this movie) but that doesn't mean the movie is scary. Having said that, I loved this movie. Again, not scary for me but I loved the story, the characters, the mood. I've got Midsommer on my list by the same director and I can't wait to watch that, but Hereditary was great 8.5/10

The Mario movie has received four too many points for me.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
The Mario movie has received four too many points for me.
fair enough, i just thought it was okay for kids to watch and i enjoyed some of the references, that's the only reason i gave it any points, plus it wasn't as bad as Ghosted

CooldiPargi

Aal Izz Well
India
RCB...
CSK
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Loved it! The Action, Plot and Humor too good. Some scenes looked like they were opt from a PS3 game, but if we ignore them it's a fun movie to watch. Hell lot of Surprise cameos. And now I know why they let go of Henry Cavill.
flash_ver16_xxlg.jpg
SuperGirl is the New Crush from now on. :grat:

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
My next batch of movies

u2KB70Xlzwg920mYWlGb18YIatd.jpg

One of the most interesting movies I have ever seen and it was just two people talking the entire time. Not a movie that everyone will like, but I certainly enjoyed it. 8/10

gQSUVGR80RVHxJywtwXm2qa1ebi.jpg

Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis had great chemistry in the movie. Loved watching them play off each other. Great movie 8/10

2OaprROMZZeiWsydjGUIkXrv2Z3.jpg

It was okay. There was one scene in the movie that made me laugh out loud but other than that it seemed like this had a lot more potential. 5/10

tM8meWkPrshbp0s5BmLpcgNX72e.jpg

Interesting take on a Sci-fi horror/thriller movie. It had a lot of good ideas but in the end I just feel like they were lost. 6/10

1XxL4LJ5WHdrcYcihEZUCgNCpAW.jpg

There may be people around the world that may be able to relate to this movie, I just couldn't get into any of the characters they all just seemed very stereotypical portrayals. This type of story has been done a million times before and better. 4/10

8gZWMhJHRvaXdXsNhERtqNHYpH3.jpg

This movie had been on my list for a while and I'm glad I watched it. It was a lot of fun and Jeff Goldblum and Geena Davis were great together. I have added The Fly 2 to my watchlist. 7.5/10

el2iHk3LTJWfEnwrvcRkvWY501G.jpg

I loved the animation style of the movie, but the story was all over the place and seemed very rushed near the last 3rd of the movie. it was okay overall. 5/10

k43wPAVeepqzGwP52dKcknQjquj.jpg

I watched the movie, but it left no impact one way or another on me. It was a generic movie with a generic plot. 4/10

pUKnhEQvQJI7SAIMbDsmrXUAMVE.jpg

A look into the life of a East Berlin secret police officer as he get's more and more invested in the live of the people he's supposed to be watching was much better than I expected. Great movie highly recommended 8.5/10

tN7kYPjRhDolpui9sc9Eq9n5b2O.jpg

Another Kurosawa film that's usually regarded as one of the greatest of all time and I can see why. Loved all the characters and loved the story. 9.5/10

zap5hpFCWSvdWSuPGAQyjUv2wAC.jpg

Another horror movie and another meh! Anya Taylor-Joy and Ralph Ineson were great, but that's all I can say about this movie. 6/10

8Vt6mWEReuy4Of61Lnj5Xj704m8.jpg

Loved Loved Loved this movie. The only thing I didn't like about it that it cuts off right at the end. Felt like it was a bait and switch I went in expecting a full movie, but then just get cut off right at the end. I will still go and watch the third one whenever it comes out. Probably the best Spiderman movie I've seen. 9/10

7LwSrvFA0gz1KAlcrGcinoQPene.jpg

This movie is a cult classic and I can see why, I can also see why it has a lot of poor reviews. I fall in the middle it was okay 5/10

5ik4ATKmNtmJU6AYD0bLm56BCVM.jpg

I liked this movie a lot more than I expected to. Doesn't mean it's a good movie, I just had very low expectations going into it. 6/10

fSI5yoee0mBxwNyCvf8m3B5tFMu.jpg

I watched the director's cut of this movie and man, it was almost 3 and a half hours long (if i recall correctly), but what a great movie. After reading about how the film was shot and how the actors were kept makes me respect this movie a lot more. You can feel the tension in every tense scene and the ending was just perfect. 9.5/10

sGjIvtVvTlWnia2zfJfHz81pZ9Q.jpg

After Succession ended, I needed to get my dose of Matthew Macfadyen. This movie was one of better known roles so I watched it and I was not disappointed. It was a great movie. Loved Keira Knightley and Matthew both. 7/10

zjrpWniKbzu0zFR5sUI1Ptdfl9y.jpg

Another movie that had been on my list for a while. Glad I watched it, it was great. 8/10

4vjKJRcO1LO36JZYMbbjbx421YN.jpg

Okay, I love DC comics. Flash has always been one of my favourite characters and I loved the Flashpoint comics. This movie captures the essence of the Flashpoint comics, but makes some changes which I understand why they did. They also left out a few key characters and plots from the comics, which again I understand why. Having said that I enjoyed the movie. Despite the PS2 looking CGI as @CooldiPargi pointed out. But I still feel they should've recast Ezra Miller. They still need mental health support and each time their character would say something I would just think man this could apply to Erza's life and it just kept taking me out of the moment. I really wanted to like give it more than 7/10, but that's where it is. Michael Keaton, Sasha Calle were fantastic in their roles. I could watch Michael Keaton play Batman with that theme from Danny Elfman forever! Gives me chills every time I see and hear it

Bevab

Staff Member
Finally watched the new Spidey movie. Completely understandable why it’s getting so much praise, the movie is so well structured and layered but is equally interwoven beautifully. A true masterpiece and a work of love to the art form made by people who wanted to make it the best possible because they loved the movie, characters and the concept.

Having said that I’m really not sure how they’re gonna top it off in the next installment because it feels a bit like they did their JJ Abrams style mystery boxes setup with this one and laid their cards bare by ending it abruptly, it works by holding the mystery till the end here but you really need a killer story to end it strongly and tie it all up in the third movie. Perhaps that’s why a lot of trilogies have their second movies be the best ones.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Just watched Puss In Boots: The Last Wish. That movie goes hard at times, absolute banger. Probably the best animated movie I've seen since Rango.

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
musicartsculture_movies2-1-8da1e2628dbf7c59.jpg

Didn't like this one. The chemistry between Tom and Meg was great but would've been better if they didn't end up together. At least, they didn't make Joe buy her mother's bookstore and let her work again. 6.5/10, leaning more towards 6 than 7.

Some other rom-coms I watched last month:

3762af39f1a8cf529742dda67d31630e63e9e70d293647e589b68212021c19bd._RI_TTW_.jpg
kbaxSovb8mJMMHXhhkMGKST1Vfl-e1639961115713.jpeg
MV5BMjE0ODEwNjM2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjU2Mzg3NA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
MV5BNWY1NDI0ZTQtMjJiNS00ODY4LWE1NmUtYTkwNzY3NWQ0ZDZjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM0NTc2NDgw._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
MV5BMTk5MjM4OTU1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODkzNDIzMw@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days: Cheesy but fun. I hate the enemies-to-lovers trope but this film surprisingly did it well. I kinda wanted to see more of Andie and Ben being a couple without trying to think about their stupid bets. Maybe two or three more scenes in similar vain to the motorcycle and the family one. 7.5/10

10 Things I Hate About You: One of those teen flicks that is actually well made. Only reason I watched this because I saw an instagram reel from this film and expected Joseph Gordon-Levitt to be the protagonist. Well, he is but soon you realise the story is actually about Patrick and Kat. Definitely was surprised and in a good way. 8.5/10

When Harry Met Sally: Loved it. This and 10 Things I Hate About You are the only ones I might watch again someday. The back and forth between Harry and Sally was brilliant. All the characters were great. I can see why it is a classic. Harry's speech at the end makes it a 9/10 for me.

The 40-year old Virgin: It was funny even though the humor of the film didn't age well. Steve Carrell and Paul Rudd were the best part. 7/10

500 Days of Summer: Ugh... I am still not sure if I hate Summer more or Tom. 6.5/10

Last edited:

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
Can y'all please share Posters via Thumbnail, they're too damn large. _/\_
Sorry. I generally make posts from my laptop so I tend to size the images according to the screen. Sometimes I forget how large pictures can look on a mobile.

Funny thing is if you put up too large of a picture from mobile, it looks fine but on PC/laptop, it looks enormous and covers all the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread