Last Movie You Watched

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
All I can hear is the quiet discontent from fans of the DCEU as their movies continue to suffer with problematic stars. :p
Oh, the discontent ain't quiet mate

Everyone knows these decisions are the ones corporate makes, but oh no, let's blame a movie director for not making a knockoff Marvel product instead of providing a viable alternative in the same market :abuse: :abuse: :abuse:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I haven't even looked at a comic book movie/ tv show since endgame (I was more a casual viewer of them anyway). So much over the last few years its just become white noise.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Watched a bunch of movies since my last post. I will list them from my least favourite to most,

kRbpUTRNm6QbLQFPFWUcNC4czEm.jpg

extremely generic take on a concept already done by Limitless. While I liked the first 20 minutes of the movie, the rest was just generic and boring. I was barely keeping myself from falling asleep the last 5-10 mins.

1SDgnh9PmO2BfjB55zxcnqAb9Ij.jpg

Now this is a weird one. Not sure how I feel about it, because this movie is not made for me... and the people it is made for absolutely love this movie. Not a movie for me, but at least it kept my attention unlike Lucy.

mW54BtqVRxrPnoO9gQQjTLJlnuU.jpg

Another weird movie, not sure weather to recommend or not. Extremely racist towards the Turkish people, to the point the actual Billy Hayes apologized to the Turkish people for their portrayal. Based on a true story, but the movie takes extreme liberties with the true portion of it. Still a decent movie. The music was excellent, glad to see it won the oscar for the best score. I will include a link to the main theme song of the movie with the trailer. If the music sounds familiar, currently the ROH Tag Team champions FTR use a version of that song as their entrance theme, I'll include a link to that as well.

4JeejGugONWpJkbnvL12hVoYEDa.jpg

Surprisingly fun watch. Enjoyed it.

lraHo9D8c0YWfxsKqT5P5sVqMKN.jpg

A classic that I first watched in University in my film class, watched it again still an amazing movie. If you haven't seen it. Highly recommended

z4nTYj3JZ5jWAhDgrmEhW2GRAzb.jpg

I am not a horror movie fan. In fact it is the genre of movies I enjoy the least, not because they're bad movies. I have yet to find a horror movie that truly scares me. This is not a movie that scared me, in fact I would barely call this a horror movie. It was just a very good movie. That is all I will say, highly recommended.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Watched a bunch of movies since my last post. I will list them from my least favourite to most,

kRbpUTRNm6QbLQFPFWUcNC4czEm.jpg

extremely generic take on a concept already done by Limitless. While I liked the first 20 minutes of the movie, the rest was just generic and boring. I was barely keeping myself from falling asleep the last 5-10 mins.

1SDgnh9PmO2BfjB55zxcnqAb9Ij.jpg

Now this is a weird one. Not sure how I feel about it, because this movie is not made for me... and the people it is made for absolutely love this movie. Not a movie for me, but at least it kept my attention unlike Lucy.

mW54BtqVRxrPnoO9gQQjTLJlnuU.jpg

Another weird movie, not sure weather to recommend or not. Extremely racist towards the Turkish people, to the point the actual Billy Hayes apologized to the Turkish people for their portrayal. Based on a true story, but the movie takes extreme liberties with the true portion of it. Still a decent movie. The music was excellent, glad to see it won the oscar for the best score. I will include a link to the main theme song of the movie with the trailer. If the music sounds familiar, currently the ROH Tag Team champions FTR use a version of that song as their entrance theme, I'll include a link to that as well.

4JeejGugONWpJkbnvL12hVoYEDa.jpg

Surprisingly fun watch. Enjoyed it.

lraHo9D8c0YWfxsKqT5P5sVqMKN.jpg

A classic that I first watched in University in my film class, watched it again still an amazing movie. If you haven't seen it. Highly recommended

z4nTYj3JZ5jWAhDgrmEhW2GRAzb.jpg

I am not a horror movie fan. In fact it is the genre of movies I enjoy the least, not because they're bad movies. I have yet to find a horror movie that truly scares me. This is not a movie that scared me, in fact I would barely call this a horror movie. It was just a very good movie. That is all I will say, highly recommended.
Man, Luc Besson post 2000 has been super disappointing (only emission from a mediocre post 2000 list is Angel-A).

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
All I'm saying is Nolan's dialogue leaves a lot to be desired when he's the writer. Tbh, I rate Contact and Interstellar equally in the sap rating. Solid movies, nothing more, nothing less. People just get wet knickers because he made Batman excellent again and followed it up with a good action flick (Inception.) With that said, The Prestige is his best film imo.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
All I'm saying is Nolan's dialogue leaves a lot to be desired when he's the writer. Tbh, I rate Contact and Interstellar equally in the sap rating. Solid movies, nothing more, nothing less. People just get wet knickers because he made Batman excellent again and followed it up with a good action flick (Inception.) With that said, The Prestige is his best film imo.
Nolan's films are soulless entertainment. He feels like one of the magicians from The Prestige. I personally love Contact. One cause it's Carl Sagan, two cause it's Jodie Foster and three cause it's super interesting. There's some schmaltz and *****ry towards the end, but it's just a good movie.

I've been thinking a lot about Insomnia lately, a film no one remembers. :lol

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Nolan's films are soulless entertainment. He feels like one of the magicians from The Prestige. I personally love Contact. One cause it's Carl Sagan, two cause it's Jodie Foster and three cause it's super interesting. There's some schmaltz and *****ry towards the end, but it's just a good movie.

I've been thinking a lot about Insomnia lately, a film no one remembers. :lol
My only issue of Contact was how Jake Busey's character got a bomb into a trillion dollar build site so easily.

I've been re-watching Andrei Tarkovsky films lately. Stalker is always in my top ten best films.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
My only issue of Contact was how Jake Busey's character got a bomb into a trillion dollar build site so easily.

I've been re-watching Andrei Tarkovsky films lately. Stalker is always in my top ten best films.
Stalker is great. I love the book, Roadside Picnic, which it is based upon. Both different but super interesting.

I'd recommend Hard to be a God, the Aleksei German film. Another film based on the Strugatsky's writing. If you haven't seen it.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Stalker is great. I love the book, Roadside Picnic, which it is based upon. Both different but super interesting.

I'd recommend Hard to be a God, the Aleksei German film. Another film based on the Strugatsky's writing. If you haven't seen it.
Will definitely check that one out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread