Lee to quit Tests

Robelinda

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well the best series I saw from Lee was in SA in 06, he was great then. Never did that well at all away from home, but that was good stuff.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Sad way to end a career that had so much potential.

Hmm, he was pretty deadly in that 07/08 Summer.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Its a shame. He would have struggled to get into the Australian test side with the young bowlers they have now. He'll still be more than useful in ODI's though.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Could also struggle to make the ODI side with Johnson, Bollinger, Harris and McKay. Not to mention Tait who could find his way back into the side via T20I form.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Not the best for a great tearaway quickie to end his career but all fast bowlers generally end up succumbing to injuries. Lee would have liked to have his average below 25 but his strike rate pretty much makes up for runs he conceded. He was a sort of a bloke who would be followed into this game by youngsters all around the world. I hope he stays fit and continues to inspire in ODIs and T20I.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Big loss for test cricket, he still has the ability to bowl 150+ KPH but then I guess it's the right decision for him to be able to play some more cricket. Hopefully he can make a comeback in ODIs soon.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
It'll be sad to him leave the test arena. But he's gonna have a bit of a job to do to crack into the bowling lineup with the current setup doing quite well. Least he's not retiring from all form of the game and we'll still a get a chance to see him send down some quick ones.

Owzat

International Coach
I was looking at all-rounders and while I didn't include Lee because he hasn't got a Test hundred, I was gobsmacked that he's taken 310 Test wickets but never once more than five in an innings (BB 5/30, 10 x 5wi)

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I think people tend to look back and because he bowled genuinely quick, he tends to get rated a little higher than he should be. At his best in ODIs he was genuinely World Class as an opening bowler, but for me, in Tests, he was average really. A bowling average of 30 pretty much backs that up for me.

Robelinda

International Coach
Yep, I cant believe press reports here saying he was as good as Hughes, Gillespie, McDermott, soprry those guys were much better. Especially Gillespie, he was actually world class. People seem to write him off after his bad 3 tests in 05 in England, that is crazy. Look at the stats, he was always a reliable fast bowler who rarely let the team down.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Well the best series I saw from Lee was in SA in 06, he was great then. Never did that well at all away from home, but that was good stuff.

Hmm he indeed did bowl excellent in that series. But i'd say his bowling vs SRI/IND 07/08 on some generally flat home pitches in AUS was on par with that to be fair.

But overall as i mentioned before i'd say between Brisbane 05 to Barbados 08 he maintain a consistent top-class standard - which was the best phase of his test career.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Hmm he indeed did bowl excellent in that series. But i'd say his bowling vs SRI/IND 07/08 on some generally flat home pitches in AUS was on par with that to be fair.
Agreed, he was deadly that summer. Coming off ankle surgery too.

P

pcfan123

What?

Also, can someone finally clear up for me what if anything happened between Michael Slatr and Gillys wife

Users who are viewing this thread