Legends At Battle XI | And the champions are...

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Okay, you're putting me in a spot here. How do I pick one of you? First-come-first-serve? Nah, that sucks.

How 'bout this - both your teams play a 4-day match and the winner makes it through to the main tournament? Gives both of you a fair chance, doesn't it?
I m ready....

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Okay, you're putting me in a spot here. How do I pick one of you? First-come-first-serve? Nah, that sucks.

How 'bout this - both your teams play a 4-day match and the winner makes it through to the main tournament? Gives both of you a fair chance, doesn't it?

Give that remaining team to him,he is new to league section & deserve a chance to prove himself.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Give that remaining team to him,he is new to league section & deserve a chance to prove himself.

CO spot is open for you since Fenil got his own team !!

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...

Your squad has been updated in the index. Do tell me if you want any changes to be made. Everyone present in this list is eligible except George Headley, Clive Lloyd and Robert Christiani.

And if it helps, the players in your squad have been assembled according to their primary batting positions i.e openers at the very top, top order just below them, middle-order below the top-order ones and so on right till we reach the tailenders at the bottom. I've done the same for everybody. Putting players in their preferred batting positions is of the utmost importance if you want your team to fare well in a Test/FC tournament like this.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
legent2.png

:ar: WG Grace
:bat: Archie MacLaren
:bat: Victor Trumper

:bat: Clem Hill
:wkb: Billy Murdoch
:bat: KS Ranjitsinhji
:bat: Arthur Shrewsbury
:bat: Andrew Stoddart

:ar: Billy Barnes
:ar: Billy Bates
:wk: Jack Blackham
:ar: Johnny Briggs
:ar: Bart King
:ar: Bobby Peel

:bwl: JJ Ferris
:bwl: George Lohmann
:bwl: Fred Spofforth
:bwl: Charlie Turner​

I tried to roughly do @VC the slogger's thing with the player lists. The divides roughly correspond to openers, 3-5, 6-8, 9-11. I decided to restrict myself only to players who've played Test cricket. It was a real grind to let Charles Bannerman go, but being first doesn't necessarily mean being best. A useful thing about the old amateurs is how versatile they are in terms of batting positions - it's only really Grace and Ranji who stuck to one position.

Last edited:

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
I decided to restrict myself only to players who've played Test cricket.

Bart King should still be in that XVIII. He was better than most of the Test players of that time.

Also, I reckon one of Clem Hill or Monty Noble (or both) might come in very handy for your team.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Bart King should still be in that XVIII. He was better than most of the Test players of that time.

Also, I reckon one of Clem Hill or Monty Noble (or both) might come in very handy for your team.

Hill and Noble were both at their best after the turn of the twentieth century. I'm tempted by Bart King, though - I'll look at which of the Test players I'd be most likely to drop.

EDIT - I've axed Ulyett and Giffen. I didn't really need their bowling anyway, and their batting wasn't quite cutting the mustard.

Last edited:

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Your squad has been updated in the index. Do tell me if you want any changes to be made. Everyone present in this list is eligible except George Headley, Clive Lloyd and Robert Christiani.

And if it helps, the players in your squad have been assembled according to their primary batting positions i.e openers at the very top, top order just below them, middle-order below the top-order ones and so on right till we reach the tailenders at the bottom. I've done the same for everybody. Putting players in their preferred batting positions is of the utmost importance if you want your team to fare well in a Test/FC tournament like this.
Want to replace Jeffrey stollmeyer with Basil butcher

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Ohhh...I forgot that the players position matters.....

Now ....dont change...leave it

Thanks.
Butcher was an amazing batsman. It will be a shame if you miss out on him when you could afford to have him. Denis Atkinson was more of a half bat and half bowler. You have Smith, Sobers and Worrell to cover that front up. I strongly recommend you to get Butcher in for Atkinson.

Users who are viewing this thread