lineup editor

SteveG

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
No I've found that out. I have since gone back into team management and did it the long way by base copying players.

Rahul

International Cricketer
aqwar released this teamslist.txt file on the cricket2004.co.uk forums...now u can edit the starting lineups of all teams inluding county and A teams..here's the file...replace the other 1 which is in the lineup editor folder

Attachments

• teamlist.txt
    1 KB · Views: 64

jonah

International Coach
Nice one Aqwar, thanks rahulm for letting us know:) .

robertport4747

School Cricketer
great work but when u start a series like world series u then ask to select a squad and two teams to play against other one is cpu and the other u control, the problem i have that when u save the game the line up changes, but the cpu line up doesn't how can if i fix this

msamina

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by robertport4747
great work but when u start a series like world series u then ask to select a squad and two teams to play against other one is cpu and the other u control, the problem i have that when u save the game the line up changes, but the cpu line up doesn't how can if i fix this

At the start of a game, you need to save it and then go edit the .sav file. You will find that the line-up in the .sav file is different from the one in roster.pak for the 'User' team.

That is why it would be good if the lineup editor could be enhanced to work with .sav files as well. We can then overcome the line-up bug.

squiz

International Coach
I think it would be pretty easy to use the information from the Roster.pak editor, to make a .sav editor. Well I hope it is anywayz

Ross

School Cricketer
Squiz, I had the same problem with regards to the game crashing with edited domestic teams. Looks like the editor only works at the moment for international teams.

paceattack

School Cricketer
are you guys using the roster file that has been backed up or the original one........please do let me know

and ....thanks again.....good job

now we need something to overcome the saved game lineups

Prakash

Executive member
Squiz, i tried to change the lineup of Victoria but it didnt crashed for me, can u mail me your roster.pak to [email protected] . Regarding about .sav game, you can still open the .sav file and edit the line up but its not reflecting when you load the game

msamina

Club Cricketer
Prakash,

I think you may be mistaken about editing the .sav file. I have been successfully editing the .sav file using the hex-editor and have not been having the line-up bug during the past few days.

The following are the things that I do/did to overcome the line-up issue:

-------------------------------------------------------------
1. First I modified roster.pak to change the default 20 players to the 20 that I want. I have done this only for the Indian team. I then modified the test and odi line-ups to reflect the changes that I made.

2. When I start a game, with India chosen as my 'user' team, I am presented with a set of 11 players (I do not know where this line-up comes from) from the 20 you selected in roster.pak.

3. From this line-up I pick my own set of 11 players that I want to use and make a note of the line-up that I chose along with the order in which I chose the players.

4. I continue playing the game, till the point where I have to save and quit the game.

5. Before re-starting the game, I go modify the appropriate (test/ODI) line-up in the .sav file to the order in which I chose the players. Please note that if I am playing a test, I modify all three test teams to be same and if I am playing an ODI, I modify the two ODI teams to be same.

6. Then, I restart the game and all the statistics are proper and if I continue into the second innings too, the line-up is as expected (from the .sav file).

-------------------------------------------------------------

The bug happens right after step 4. When you quit and restart the game without making any changes to the .sav file, then during the first innings your line-up does not change (again not sure where it gets this info from) , but the statistics will be all wrong (it will be read using the .sav file order) and during the second innings the line-up changes to the order in the .sav file.

If you want me to post some snapshots of the non-default line-up of a saved game that has gone into the second innings, let me know. I will be glad to.

It will be great if you could enhance the line-up editor so that it works with the .sav file as well.

Thanx,

Rahul

International Cricketer
yup he's right...this lineup editor only fixes the starting lineup that the cpu chooses!! it wud be gr8 if such an editor is made to edit the save files as well!!

SteveG

Club Cricketer
Yes, thats right..I totally changed the NSW squad, names, skills, etc. Everything went well until I resumed a saved game. All my new players were there alright, but the XI that I had chosen had changed...the game must look at the position each name is stored.

jonah

International Coach
Is this with 'play now' exhibition matches, or tours and World Cups etc.

SteveG

Club Cricketer
I've only tested it with the Australian State Full Season mode.

Users who are viewing this thread