List of guys willing to help - and what they will help with

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i would but if i am sure they want my help then i will download the program(which will take atleast 3 to 40 hours to download) if its a animation maker. I don't want to waste 3 hours downloading the program if they don't want my help. If i get the permission from them that they will let me help then i will do it. I hope u understand.

gocricketgo

School Cricketer
Why are you having a closed BETA? Why not have an open BETA test release then everyone can play straight away (with some small bugs probably), give their feedback and improve the game for all. I know you probably don't want to put people off by releasing with some bugs, but as your aim is not to make money, surely its the impatient person's loss and not your's. I know we all want to play and doing it this way will stop everyone desperately asking to be a BETA tester.

naresh091

International Cricketer
Why are you having a closed BETA? Why not have an open BETA test release then everyone can play straight away (with some small bugs probably), give their feedback and improve the game for all. I know you probably don't want to put people off by releasing with some bugs, but as your aim is not to make money, surely its the impatient person's loss and not your's. I know we all want to play and doing it this way will stop everyone desperately asking to be a BETA tester.
Yeah a fact that can rally be considered.Lol this statement has pissed you guys off,Shravi and Sean :p

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Well those plans were made back in 06, so obviously the list of beta testers, and likely the rest of the list of guys willing to help is outdated.

I'd imagine when we are actually somewhere near ready to release a beta, then some more detailed plans will be made. If it is a closed beta, which certainly has some advantages, like allowing us to ensure beta participants are active, and not just there so they can play the game before anyone else, but actually know how to give good beta test feedback, so that a future public beta/release would be more stable.

A public beta requires much more server resources, will be more difficult to manage, but allows for the greatest variation in systems, which allows more things to be fixed. As Paul is dedicated to not just abandoning it after release, it isn't like all bugs must be fixed in beta or they will stay that way.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Well those plans were made back in 06, so obviously the list of beta testers, and likely the rest of the list of guys willing to help is outdated.

I'd imagine when we are actually somewhere near ready to release a beta, then some more detailed plans will be made. If it is a closed beta, which certainly has some advantages, like allowing us to ensure beta participants are active, and not just there so they can play the game before anyone else, but actually know how to give good beta test feedback, so that a future public beta/release would be more stable.

A public beta requires much more server resources, will be more difficult to manage, but allows for the greatest variation in systems, which allows more things to be fixed. As Paul is dedicated to not just abandoning it after release, it isn't like all bugs must be fixed in beta or they will stay that way.

Took the words out of my mouth :)

gocricketgo

School Cricketer
ok guys maybe I can see the advatages of a closed Beta a bit more now. But do think about having like 100-200 testers then. I also would like to be one but I think that's probably a few months away

I am sure you will make the right decision

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
C'mon Legend Master, you haven't even looked at my request. I told you before that if you have worked alot on the game, then you must make it as perfect as you can. You can't release the game without everyone's bowling styles and you can't give every bowler same bowling style. Bowling is considered as important as batting. If you give every bowler the same bowling style then there would be no diference between EA games and your game. I have already said that if you need help creating the bowling animations then tell me, i will make everyone's bowling actions as realistic as i can. Think about this please!!!!

Highlander999

ICC President
Wow man, ease up with the whinging. You don't need to push yourself forward. If he needs help he'll conatct you or post saying, "I need help with bowling animations" I am sure he has taken into account what is crucial for the games success and what is just too much, he has been doing it for a long time ;)

cnbd_novice

International Coach
C'mon Legend Master, you haven't even looked at my request. I told you before that if you have worked alot on the game, then you must make it as perfect as you can. You can't release the game without everyone's bowling styles and you can't give every bowler same bowling style. Bowling is considered as important as batting. If you give every bowler the same bowling style then there would be no different between EA games and your game. I have already said that if you need help creating the bowling animations then tell me, i will make everyone's bowling actions as realistic as i can. Think about this please!!!!

Anyone else getting tired of atrociously stupid comments like this? If you're such a wizard at animation, why don't you make every single bowling actions that exist (and existed) yourself, and then post samples of 'em here? Maybe then Paul will consider them for the addition to the game; and in either case, you'll hopefully have a chance of adding them later on as a patch to the game whenever it is that it comes out. Whining around about a project made only by about three people in their spare time ? with absolutely no evidence of your own skills makes you look like a jerk. :)

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Anyone else getting tired of atrociously stupid comments like this? If you're such a wizard at animation, why don't you make every single bowling actions that exist (and existed) yourself, and then post samples of 'em here? Maybe then Paul will consider them for the addition to the game; and in either case, you'll hopefully have a chance of adding them later on as a patch to the game whenever it is that it comes out. Whining around about a project made only by about three people in their spare time ? with absolutely no evidence of your own skills makes you look like a jerk.
First of all, was i talking to you? I was banned before and i don't want to be banned again. So, you mind your own business:cool: and i don't think you are the one making the game. If you are tired of these kind of comments then don't read them. Stop getting in other people's businesses. I would be happy to make everyone's bowling actions if i am approved to help on the game. I am not making animations for anything if i am not approved to work on it because if i am not approved for it later, then i have just wasted my time. Next time, read the full comment and when it says i am talking to you, then reply back to my comment or otherwise just mind your own business. I have said this very kindly to you and you should consider this.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
First of all, was i talking to you? I was banned before and i don't want to be banned again. So, you mind your own business:cool: and i don't think you are the one making the game. If you are tired of these kind of comments then don't read them. Stop getting in other people's businesses. I would be happy to make everyone's bowling actions if i am approved to help on the game. I am not making animations for anything if i am not approved to work on it because if i am not approved for it later, then i have just wasted my time. Next time, read the full comment and when it says i am talking to you, then reply back to my comment or otherwise just mind your own business. I have said this very kindly to you and you should consider this.

dude chill !!! no need to be always aggressive.....

first of all...we just cannot let you do something as vital as animations
without seeing your work/ your potential...!

you dont even need to make a bowling action......just show us any of your previous work in animation and we'll judge on that !

mikemurray

School Cricketer
You guys need any logos or anything designed I'm a dab hand on photoshop...

Can point you to my portfolio if you're on facebook

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
hello JK and LM as u are seeing that these days i am struggling very much to promote taoc as well as making dhaka stad. for ur help,so wud u like to take me as a team mate of TAOC???

Users who are viewing this thread