Liverpool FC in a new revolution (FM 2005)

Should Gerrard be kept at Liverpool at any cost?

• Yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Sell him if someone is offering big bucks

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

sid_19840

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
As I dont have any of the latest version of the game(FM 2006),I'll play it with FM 2005 V5.5.All transfers updated as per 22/9/05.I hope that you all will support me through this story.Cheers.

Sid.

LIVERPOOL MANAGER BENITEZ RESIGNS

Liverpool Manger Rafael Benitez announced that he wanted to leave Liverpool to move to a bigger club.The announcement has shocked all of the Liverpool Fans and Media.

A new manager name is expected to be announced soon,the favourites being Martin O'Neill and Alan Curbishley who incidentally announced that he would be leaving Charlton yesterday.

BBC Exclusive:Rafael Benitez today confirmed rumours that he left due to a break up with captain Gerrard.

Rafael Benitez wasnt in a mood of talking but he said that one of the reasons of his departure was due to the behaviour of Gerrard lately.He said that Gerrard was self-centered and all he talked about was getting a higher pay deal or he would leave the club.

Liverpool Board Announce Shock Decision

The Liverpool Board have made a shock decision by announcing Les Ferdinand as their new manager.The former Newcastle player has had no management assignements before,so announcing him as the manager of a big club like Liverpool is a big decision.

Some of the fans views after the appointment.

How could they even think of such a stupid decision?

Let's see if he is able to even keep Gerrard at Liverpool,I'll make my decision after that.

However the players have announced their faith in Ferdinand,atleast for now that is.He has been given around 15 Million by the club for any new transfers to be made.

sid_19840

International Coach
Les Ferdinand talks with the media

Les Ferdinand had a brief chat with media today about his new role as Liverpool FC Manager.

Q)The fans say that they dont beleive in you,what do you have to say?

A)I'll try my best,I'm willing to disclose all my plans to the fans and the media.

Q)Who are your targets this season as signings?

A)Im aiming at a couple of players,I have already sent an offer to both these three players clubs and hopefully a deal can be agreed.They are Jenas from Tottenham,Lionel Messi from Barcelona.

Q)Finally,the million dollar question,can you hold on to Gerrard?

A)Well,its too early to say,but if we can play well going up to the season in our friendlies,it would be one step closer to keeping him at Anfield.

The first assignment was a friendly against QPR,fans expected atleast a 4 goal thrashing.

Ferdinand visited his Asst Manager before the game,on his views on what areas his squad needs strengthening.(Pretty similar,just to strengthen the midfield which is what the signings are being aimed at)

FRIENDLY AGAINST QPR

Liverpool started with a strong team,and looked confident from the start.

Scored a wonderful goal by Luis Garcia.Cisse then added two more(both similar kind of goals) before half time.QPR spent the majority of the time defending.

Ferdinand made 10 changes at half time and 11 changes in all during the match :eek:

Liverpool dominated the second half as well,but they kept missing the chances.Crouch headed a lot but the keeper made easy saves all the time as there was no power in the header.3-0 it ended,with no goals in the end.

Ferdinand's comments after the match:

"We played brilliantly in the first half,but the players could not match it in the second half,Crouch has to improve his finishing otherwise he's leaving,and we need to gel as a team if we are going to go places."

Messi's Club allow Talks

Barcelona have agreed to a 15M deal for Messi.So its up to Ferdinand now to offer him a good deal.

Tottenham rejected the first offer from Liverpool for 14M for Jeramine Jenas,but then agreed to a 21.5M structured deal for him.

The question now is:"Liverpool can only spend 15M,so with that money they can either buy Messi or Jenas,even though Jenas is costlier.Who should Ferdinand opt for,subject to player agreements"

Ferdinand decided to ask Steven Gerrard for his opinion.

Gerrard-"Buy them both"

Les-"And you will be paying for one of them,cause I cant afford both of them"

Gerrard-"Oh ok,pick one then,you're the manager,or you could sell me to buy them both and a couple more player's.

Les-"No,you aint leaving"

Gerrard-"Suit youself"

Liverpool now faced Kaiserslautern,a tougher opponent than QPR.

Ferdinand's pre match talk with his players:
"Im going to give 45 minutes to all of you boys,let's see what you have got"

Liverpool Dominated the first 25 minutes,and had most of the possession.Gerrard scored the first goal even though he was under pressure from 3 defenders.

From here on it was all Kaiserslautern,they seemed to have steeped up gears and were now causing regular threats.Liverpool looked to counteract with some killer passes from the midfielder's,but the strikers in the first half (Crouch and Morientes) looked woeful in front of goal.

11 changes were made at half time.Liverpool's defense looked poor now with the changes showing the lack of bench strength.Eventually they got caught by the constant pressure applied.

Had it not been for Dudek,Liverpool could easily have conceded a couple more and they kept missing any chances at the other end.The game ended in a draw but Liverpool manager must be dissapointed with the overall effort.

"Well we started brightly,but then they kept attacking.Our bench strength needs to improve and hopefully these boys will do better in the remaining friendlies.

gold639

International Coach
How about playing a 4-5-1? I've found it works good for Liverpool.

sid_19840

International Coach
gold639 said:
How about playing a 4-5-1? I've found it works good for Liverpool.

I'll tell Les about this :p

Yorkshire_No1 said:
Great start with a good team. Signing Messi is a good thing. The 4-4-2 is the best way. Cisse is amazing on FM so keep hold of him :D

I'll try my best to keep Cisse.I had my scout search Messi's talents,Jenas is better with the numbers,but Messi has the potential.Will update soon on this matter.

FERDINAND MAKES A DECISION

BBC Exclusive:Les Ferdinand today decided to buy Lionel Messi and forget about Jermaine Jenas.

image8.jpg

"Jenas might be more valued right now,but Messi is quality"

However while Messi was currently valued at around 2.8 Million,buying him for 15 Million might be too big a mistake from the rookie manager.The Barca supporters were happy with this move.

image8a.jpg

The next friendly was against Stuttgart,and Ferdinand decided to start with Lionel Messi in the middle of midfield,Gerrard was given a break.

The Liverpool team looked confident and for the first time it seemed that Les Ferdinand was a capable manager.

An early goal was just what they needed and Crouch used his height to do just that.

Stuttgart soon equalised due to some poor defending.

The second half performance this time around was fantastic and the introduction of Gerrard brought in a new sparkle as he was involved in all of the attacks.

Messi had a good game,showing his talent to the Liverpool supporters and his team mates.

In the end it was a comfortable victory for the reds with Messi earning the MOM.

Ferdinand after the match:
"This was why I bought Messi for 15 Million,he's worth every penny

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
great story.
i like the way you have done the goals. :)
keep it up and i look forward to the rest of the season

sid_19840

International Coach
treva said:
great story.
i like the way you have done the goals. :)
keep it up and i look forward to the rest of the season

Cheers,I hope to do my best.

banana man said:
nice is that this seasons version of the game?

I think so,I'll confirm that later.Didnt Liverpool play in the Super Cup this season,so it must be,but its dated as 2004.

Some happy news as Super Cup fixture was annnounced.

Les Ferdinand's thoughts:Feels really good,I think we shouldnt be complacent for that one,but we have a good chance.

FREINDLY AGAINST RED STAR

Les Ferdinand today decided to listen to one of the fans comments on changing the tactics,he started initially with a 4-4-1-1 formation with Messi behind Morientes.At half time he changed to a 5-3-2 formation with more emphasis on wing play.

Gerrard knocked in the first goal,who said before the game started that he would most likely be staying at Anfield for another season.

But Red Star came back proving why they were the best club in Belgrade.

The second half saw a couple of chances to Crouch,one which even hit the post.But in the end the match ended in a tame draw.

Les Ferdinand said:
"We did reasonably well today,I tried out a couple of changes in formation and tactics,so the experience gather from this will be vital as we head into the season.

When asked about making any more signings:"Im not sure,we cant afford anyone at the moment,so unless anyone leaves the club,there wont be anyone coming in.

"Are these comments aimed at Steven Gerrard?"

image2c.jpg

image2d.jpg

Last edited:

Radaga

International Coach
Great stuff sid, very nice story! :)

If it is updated rosters i'm sure you will be able to afford some younger players. Try: Anthony Silva, Sergio Aguero, Jose Sosa, Sergey Kisily, Nuri Sahin, Karl Svensson, Rafael Sobis (if you can afford him), also Pazzini from Fiorentina (can't remember his first name).

sid_19840

International Coach
Cheers Left Hander and Radaga.

I'll try updating the story tommorow,and have a look out at those new players you mentioned there as Im using an updated roster.

gold639

International Coach
Radaga said:
Great stuff sid, very nice story! :)

If it is updated rosters i'm sure you will be able to afford some younger players. Try: Anthony Silva, Sergio Aguero, Jose Sosa, Sergey Kisily, Nuri Sahin, Karl Svensson, Rafael Sobis (if you can afford him), also Pazzini from Fiorentina (can't remember his first name).

Sahin and Aguero aren't particularly good in Fm05 though. In Fm06 they are just brilliant!

I recommend Antonio Coelho, and Ahmed Yahiaoui.

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
hey sid i am gonna start a liverpool story (when i get the game back off my mate) so i was wondering if we could have a competition to see who does the best in the league and in europe?

anyway keep it up it's great :D

sid_19840

International Coach
treva said:
hey sid i am gonna start a liverpool story (when i get the game back off my mate) so i was wondering if we could have a competition to see who does the best in the league and in europe?

anyway keep it up it's great :D

ok I dont mind.But I might be a bit slow with the updates in case Im busy doing something else or if I have any other commitments.

Users who are viewing this thread