Local Cricket in United States

cheaterr

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Backyard Cricket in United States

Well I got this little idea here. As some of you know, me, Muhammad_Inzi, Vibs89, and Preet know each other in person and are very good friends. Well we and some other people get together every Friday and have a Cricket match against a local high school here called JFK High School. Well we got the idea to record our matches and post scorecards here. We got permission from Ste and he said we can do this. For the time being we will only post scorecards, but soon I'm getting a digital camera and I will take pictures of us playing matches and post them here.

This will be a bit like Cricinfo. Along with scorecards and pictures we will post a bulletin. We had a match today but we didn't have time to write a bulletin for this match but we did make a scorecard of it. For the next match I will write a bulletin as well.

Any comments and feedback on this idea would be really appreciated

Before I post the scorecard let me explain how we play our Cricket.

We are usually around 8-10 people per a team and we play a 10-15 overs game depending on how much time we have. We play on a baseball field in a park here in NJ called Kennedy Park. We play with a tennis ball covered with black duck tape since we do not have enough equipment to play with a hard seasonal ball. The ground is pretty short. The wicket is good sized but the ground is short. It's not that hard to hit 4's on this ground, but we hardly ever do because it is not a batting friendly pitch at all. The ball has a uneven bounce and sometimes keeps low and sometimes bounces a lot.

That was a short explanation of how we play. Now heres the scorecard.

By the way our teams name is Bad Blood. Muhammad(aka Muhammad_Inzi) is the captain and I'm the Vice Captain of the team

Also the scorecard is in Microsoft Excel format.

Attachments

• April 15, 2005.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

vibs89

School Cricketer
Yes what an exciting match today it was. It's was an intresting match. Here is the little coverage how we won.

By the time it was 10 overs and only 2 overs left. So they had to score 6 runs from 12 balls. So i came in 10th over and bowl the ball in line and lenght the batsmans couldn't even managed to get a shot or a cut then it was 7 balls rom 6 runs to win. And I bowl last ball I got a wicket I bowled him plus a maiden over too. So it was ball to ball score and muhhamd came he is a very talented and a good bowler. He tried to bowled yorker in every single balls then in the 2nd ball he got a wicket caught by wicketkeeper and then the last man comes in plays 1 ball trying to hit a four or a runs . Then in the fourth ball the last man got out bowled. So the match ended 11.4 for 37 runs allout. That's how we won by 5 runs. What a thrilling match!

Last edited:

indiancricketer

International Coach
wow....me and my friends play and in 7 overs me,borncricketer, and other few people made 87 with the tap ball in 7 overs and we are all in high school i made that day 35 and one of peeps made 70* that was a great match i think you guys could have posted maybe a little more than that just if you tried harder but you won it anyways good work

cheaterr

Club Cricketer
indiancricketer said:
wow....me and my friends play and in 7 overs me,borncricketer, and other few people made 87 with the tap ball in 7 overs and we are all in high school i made that day 35 and one of peeps made 70* that was a great match i think you guys could have posted maybe a little more than that just if you tried harder but you won it anyways good work
Well this was our first try. We will post more for the next match. Also we have scored lots of runs when we play. But the pitch right now is very hard to bat on.

vibs89

School Cricketer
Yes the pitch is very hard. Sometimes its Dampness, Hard pitch or a dry pitch. Where we play our pitch keeps on changing all the time.

borncricketer

Panel of Selectors<br><a href="http://www.planetcr
Well nice game... Indiancricketer and i play with some other ppl.... its fun espically when ppl come with dogs and the dogs come and chase you or start chasing the ball....we all get to meet each other and play the game v all love - Cricket:D

indiancricketer

International Coach
just giving advice to fellow cricketers to win a match get your shoulder and foot inline with the ball and smash it thats how we make so many runs telling you a key secert i play for a real team who is in professional cricket so thats the best thing also keep your eye on the ball don't lose site and don't start hitting in one place if they keep bowling on the off and they have feliders there get in line of the ball and hit it on your leg... play many drive shots and use those feets im telling you... you will feel more confident in your shots

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Hey there Cheaterr. I've been doing scorecards and keeping records of England test matches in the last year or so. If you want, I can keep a record of the matches you've played and stats from them (as much detail as you want). I'll post an example of one of my scorecards and a series averages sheet if you're interested?

Just a thought. :)

cheaterr

Club Cricketer
stevie said:
Hey there Cheaterr. I've been doing scorecards and keeping records of England test matches in the last year or so. If you want, I can keep a record of the matches you've played and stats from them (as much detail as you want). I'll post an example of one of my scorecards and a series averages sheet if you're interested?

Just a thought. :)
Hey, I don't exactly get what you mean there so you a example would be nice.

Dhoni

School Cricketer
cheaterr said:
We are usually around 8-10 people per a team and we play a 10-15 overs game depending on how much time we have. We play on a baseball field in a park here in NJ called Kennedy Park. We play with a tennis ball covered with black duck tape since we do not have enough equipment to play with a hard seasonal ball. The ground is pretty short. The wicket is good sized but the ground is short. It's not that hard to hit 4's on this ground, but we hardly ever do because it is not a batting friendly pitch at all. The ball has a uneven bounce and sometimes keeps low and sometimes bounces a lot
We don't use the light tennis ball; we use the heavy and hard one covered with black duck tape. If you feel it you cannot tell whether it's tennis ball or what. It just like the real one. And we do have some equipments like: pads, kepping gloves, batting gloves, six stumps, and about 5 real bats, our friends bought some of them from India and some from Pakistan. Hope you all like what we doing here for you all. Enjoy :cool:

vibs89

School Cricketer
preet said:
We don't use the light tennis ball; we use the heavy and hard one covered with black duck tape. If you feel it you cannot tell whether it's tennis ball or what. It just like the real one. And we do have some equipments like: pads, kepping gloves, batting gloves, six stumps, and about 5 real bats, our friends bought some of them from India and some from Pakistan. Hope you all like what we doing here for you all. Enjoy :cool:

Yup we have all the equipments and also it's true that we play with hard tennis ball it does hurt jus like the real cricket ball.

cheaterr

Club Cricketer
preet said:
By equipment I meant pads and cups...we dont have pads and cups and helmets....well we do but not enough

Dhoni

School Cricketer
indiancricketer said:

You guys probably play on the street, but we play in a park and the ground isn't that small and boundaries are really far and sometimes the pitch is damp because of rain and you all know on that kind of pitch you don't expect that many runs. You only can hit a four if you're a tall strong kid. We are strong too and in high schools, but the bowlers that we face are also good. They bowl with good line and length. Yesterday I didn't play because I had a lots of work to do, but I will play the next match for sure and I'm a right handed medium fast opener bowler for my team. We got too many good bowlers like: vibs, and muhammad ( muhammad_inzi) and some other guys. Our 2 main batsmen are muhammad and Nikhil ( cheaterr). Muhammad is more like a good hitter of the bowl and Nikhil is like R. Dravid. They all are great players. As you all saw they won the match without me. We will post the pictures of the ground where we play at and pictures of us, here soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread