London 2012 Olympics

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well we finally won our first medal :p

Feel kinda sorry for Andrew Nicholson, he could have been in a good individual medal position if he hadn't been kinda screwed over in the dressage

Two 3rds and two 4ths now.

A pretty average games for us so far. One of our world champion rowers could only get 3rd. Our road cyclist who had back to back 3rds at the world champs could only get 4th. Only one of our Sailors are currently in medal position. Our swimmers have done absolute nothing, we've only made one final which we got last in. Men's soccer are out, and our women are the lowest ranked team in the quarters. Men's hockey have it all to do.

At least we've still got most of our better medal hopes to come, although another one thus far would've been good.

----------

Not quite teaching the Aussies a lesson in rowing, but the Brits managed to steal gold from us in the women's rowing doubles. Honourable mention to the Kiwis who weren't quite good enough and settled for the scrap medal.

Did you actually watch you race, or are you just taking the piss? :p

We should've at least got a silver there, you guys robbed us at the end, although at least we got something unlike the US who missed out on the medals by milliseconds.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Looks like we are in for our worst haul in awhile. Things started so well for our swimmers been a real struggle since.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Did you actually watch you race, or are you just taking the piss? :p

We should've at least got a silver there, you guys robbed us at the end, although at least we got something unlike the US who missed out on the medals by milliseconds.

Yeah I watched it, somewhat unfortunately, since it was Britain's first gold :p We were struggling for the bronze even, so to pick up silver there was a nice surprise.

Hoping for a classic Australia vs. Netherlands in the two hockey finals. Our women lost a pool game to NZ I think, so will hopefully serve as a wake-up call since our media had been pumping them up.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Hoping for a classic Australia vs. Netherlands in the two hockey finals. Our women lost a pool game to NZ I think, so will hopefully serve as a wake-up call since our media had been pumping them up.

Your women will do really good to get out of the group stage after their loss to us. Two teams progressing out of Argentina, Germany, NZ, Aussie, and the US is just brutal. Even if they manage to secure second place, they'll verse the highest ranked team in the other pool which will probably be the Dutch.

Without my main two sports Rugby and Cricket there Hockey's probably the sport that I'm following the closest, so it's a shame that our men started off so badly losing to (South) Korea.

On the subject of Korea, someone needs to sort North Korea out. I'm getting fed up with the jokers saluting Kim Jong fearsome tweak when ever they win a medal.

----------

Also it's just over an hour now until our next World Championship rowing crew go for Gold. :)

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Damn, didn't realise they only had two pools for the hockey. Pretty sick draw considering the Dutch are the only real contenders in their pool from what I've seen of past world championships.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
The pools are seeded:

Pool A:

Pool B:

So they should be relativity even, although like you say Pool A definitely looks weaker. In Pool B both Argentina (#2) and Germany (#3) lost in round two, so that's really thrown it open. We should get a better idea after tonight; Germany should smash SA, but the other two matches are both set-up to be good ones.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
it has been really poor from australia, and the reasons some of the swimmers gave, "i just thought i was going to win really easily." are quite embarrassing.

I however am worried about our own medal prospects, on the face of it, we're not too bad, but our haul was heavily dependent on a mad second weekend in beijing in the track cycling events and the french team has been the surprise package. I think they'll get amongst our track cyclists

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I remember someone like Korea causing some upsets at the last hockey championships, so I guess that's where those seedings came from. I'm probably mixing it up with the men too, where it usually seems to be Aus, NL, India and Germany fighting it out.

So far, so good against the USA. Up 1-0 at the resumption of the second half. Roll Saffers in a couple of days, then the big one against Argentina to cement our place.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Former world champion and world #1 shooter Ronjan Sodhi bowed out of the Olympics. A big blow to medal expectations of India. He was our best bet in shooting. High hopes on Saina now as he is the first Indian shuttler to make it to the Olympic semis. Vijender has a bout tonight as well. Looking at how excellent a boxer he is, there shouldn't be any problem for him in progressing to the next round.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
5th place! That's more like it, Team GB! :cheers

Another gold for Team GB - and that's Sir Chris Hoy's fifth Olympic Gold! :cheers

Last edited:

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
We'll win barely anything on the track :p

Nearly all our medals have to come from the minority sports.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Phelps almost beat his WR in the 200IM, not bad considering he hasn't taken these games as seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread