Mar 24 - Australia v India (Quarter-Final 2)

midgetwars

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
History has proven in all sports, once you get out of a streak you will get used to doing whatever you didn't do in the streak.

e.g. Australia lose after a streak of many games yes, they can win but losing will be normal from now on. It's happened in many other sports too.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Yes and Kohli is a player who doesn't need much time to settle down. Whereas Gambhir is concern, he doesn't have the patience that is required at 1st down. So many times in the past, Gambhir looked well settled and then played a rash stroke and ended up giving away his wicket. I'm not saying that Gambhir is a bad batsman, he is a great talent but his position usually is opening and not 1st down. Kohli is a batsmen who should bat at 1st down for India, at least in this world cup.

+1. Kohli is better #3 than anyone else in Team India. Gambhir should open with Sehwag/go down to 5/6. Once Kohli gets settled, he can go for big big innings!

And Sachin SHOULD score century today. If India loses it, it'll be Sachins last World Cup game. At the same time, it'll be the last one to Ponting, if Australia loses! Sad that one of the two legends will play their last WC game :(.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Kohli is an accumulator, he can come in score at a better SR right away, he can take easy singles and occasional boundaries. So he is ideal no.3 or 4 but true that he can't slog from the word go.

This is too much tension, I just can't wait for it to start.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
History has proven in all sports, once you get out of a streak you will get used to doing whatever you didn't do in the streak.

e.g. Australia lose after a streak of many games yes, they can win but losing will be normal from now on. It's happened in many other sports too.

I wonder how many players even knew of the streak.. I didn't until the game against SL that was washed out. I doubt it's going to have any effect on future WC games, losses are just a reflection of our side not being as strong anymore.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
if Australia put a 300+ total against Indian bowling then they'll have a massive chance to win this match because their bowling will not be easy even for indian batting to handle

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
if we win the toss and bat first, then we have a very realistic chance of going through to the semis!

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Here are a couple of statistics that surprises me. And then I am talking about the first two statistics. That also means if Australia bats first, their chances of winning the match will increase.

'India have lost their last four games in Ahmedabad. They batted first in three of those matches.

India have not won a game against Australia in a global tournament while chasing. Their last win against Australia in a World Cup was in 1987.

In 14 ODIs against India in India since 2007, Australia have won eight and lost five.'

Australia v India: Battle of the flawed heavyweights | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
lol australia couldn't score 300 against zimbabwe plus the lack of late order hitters will be the downfall for the aussies.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Only if Indian middle-order batsmen can survive the fatal short balls from the pace trio, we'll have a strong chance. Plus I'm counting on Tendulkar to vanquish them (he CAN do it single handedly.)

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Any update on Viru ?? Net has been awfully slow that even cricinfo ain't opening up for me ..

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Only if Indian middle-order batsmen can survive the fatal short balls from the pace trio, we'll have a strong chance. Plus I'm counting on Tendulkar to vanquish them (he CAN do it single handedly.)

I hope the same, middle order needs to step up now and score quickly because our openers are in golden form and doing their work exceptionally.

Users who are viewing this thread