(Marcus Trescothick's) Cricket Coach 1.04 released - Retail and Softwrap Version

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
An update everyone's been waiting for, the 1.04 Patch.

You can download Cricket Coach 1.04 here

To download the update for Marcus Trescothick's Cricket Coach, click here

You can download Cricket Coach 1.04, without the Softwrap included, here

This version will not time out, but you can only play as an English county, England, or Sri Lanka for 2 months of in-game time.

Here are some of the changes in 1.04 :

+ Fixed commentary so when ball doesn't carry it isn't reported as a dropped catch
+ Fixed spelling of Howzat
+ Removed any possible chance of lbw decision being turned down, then a batsman being given out lbw
+ Fixed bug with team finance seasonal totals not resetting at the end of a season
+ Improved sorting algorithms for domestic tournaments
+ Fixed bug where player contract lengths and form weren't randomised each time we start a new career
+ Fixed issue with new players remaining unhappy when moving to a new club
+ Added code to slightly improve a players condition each day providing they aren't injured or playing a match
+ Fixed issue where fixtures screen wasn't being shown
+ Improved look of fixtures in progress screen
+ Reduced chance of rain in South Africa in April
+ Altered contracts code slightly so that each domestic team will have more flexibility to sign players.
+ Fixed bug where after a computer team took the new ball occasionally the game had the same bowler at both ends
+ Fixed bug where occasionally a new batsman wouldn't come to the crease and the one that was out kept batting
+ Fixed bug where empty information boxes would occasionally appear
+ Enhanced news items related to contracts
+ Added information text to aid the user in understanding transfer/contracts in the game
+ Fixed crash bug in contract screen
+ Several other minor fixes
+ Added explanation as to where save games are stored

G

Gilchrist

No, I can't even get it to work, which is strange because the other versions did. It just crashes.

Deboooo

Club Cricketer
but i played in the 1.03 demo version and i woz england and after 2 tests against sri lanka it said it woz the end of the demo

wots the differencr between softwrape nd normal

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Deboooo said:
but i played in the 1.03 demo version and i woz england and after 2 tests against sri lanka it said it woz the end of the demo

Softwrap is the version you can download from the internet, and the retail version is the one you buy from the shops. :)

EDIT: Just downloaded and re-entered the licence details I had before, and it worked without problems. :) The game is much improved, but previous saved games are not compatible. :(

Last edited:

Deboooo

Club Cricketer

Yorkshire_No1

Club Cricketer
Interesting, the version without Softwrap works to perfection yet the top 1 wont work at all. I get an error about a DDEntry.

I want to purchase the game too :(

Deboooo

Club Cricketer
wots the best download from the above 3 because there are three downloads wots the difference betwen them

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Deboooo said:

You downloaded the non softwrap version which allows 2 months of the game with Engand Sri Lanka or any county

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Debooooo,

if you purchased the game via the internet (Softwrap), OR wish to try a demo of the game, download the 1st link.

If you bought the game in stores, and on the cover it says Marcus Trescothick's Cricket Coach, download the 2nd one, which is an update.

If you cannot get the first download to work/run, try the 3rd download, which is the same game, Cricket Coach, but without Softwrap in it.

Sureshot

Executive member
Yorkshire_No1 said:
Interesting, the version without Softwrap works to perfection yet the top 1 wont work at all. I get an error about a DDEntry.

I want to purchase the game too :(

A guess in the dark is that it is something to do with not liking 2 versions of the same game.

Doubt it.

E-mail them or use their forum buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread