TENNIS Matchpoint Tennis

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
The release date reveal trailer:

They will have a Legends Edition that will include Tim Henman. Now Henman was undoubtedly a good player, but a legend? I think that's a stretch.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
There are some preview videos on you tube of people that have been given early access.Its not perfect but I think better than ao2 and twt2 .I am sure they will iron some of the issues and they can lose the commentary it does nothing bit like snooker 19 commentary.It sometimes calls in when ball was clearly out the player didn't review not sure if you can and there is a shot that put the ball across the net at an angle that i don't think is possible.
Its about the gameplay and it looks decent ai serve faults even on the highest level, graphically its not going to win any awards but thats fine.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I haven't tried it yet, but there is an updated demo on Steam:

As Matchpoint – Tennis Championships is gearing up for its launch on July 7th, we’ve just updated the demo available on Steam. Along with this update, we also made the demo available for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 with the Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S version following shortly.

The Steam demo update includes the following changes:
  • Added ball trail toggle to the settings menu
  • A.I. error chance has been significantly reduced
  • Updates to the animation system to better handle volleys (they no longer play out of time) and running back shots
  • Racket roll improved, so we don't see the racket spinning when it shouldn't be
  • Fixed some input issues on PC when disconnecting a controller
  • Fixed bug where opponents would vanish during transitions
  • Fixed bug where replay couldn't be played on second point of each game in quick match
  • Fixed bug where sometimes the ball wouldn't line up with the racket
  • Updates for clothing, licensors and brands
  • Fix to an issue where the player's position/speed could abruptly change coming out of a shot animation
  • Fixed an issue where the ball would appear late out of the hand while serving
  • Fixed bug where the commentator VO would fade out when pausing/unpausing
  • Fixed female legs clipping through shorts with low graphics settings

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Beat me to it.Have just tried it.Not too sure if they have improved it or ruined it.There is no way to challenge a call and occasionally the ball is definitely out but not called also sound lagged behind play a couple of times.Game is harder even on easiest level -less unforced errors than on earlier demo, though doesn't really have a tennis atmosphere and graphically not great although it doesn't matter that much if gameplay is up to scratch also as its on game pass its not costing me anything extra anyway.Interesting gamble by them to do this rather then just sell it at the beginning.Just to add sometimes my player appears randomly in the middle of the court when receiving but fairs fair it is harder to win when receiving than serving which is how it should be.Do like the court side angle as well.

Last edited:

saturator

Club Cricketer
Hi mate!
I Hope you're fine!
I played a couple of games, and I liké it.
Too speed, the animations are sometimes étrange, but damned when you start to master the game, it became very fun to play.
AI made errors, sometimes too many. When you have break ball, it comes to the net!
I have made after some matchs on Tennis World Tour 2 and AO tennis 2. And Matchpoint tennis have the better gameplay.
You can slide, go go the net, makes some aces, passing shot.

The lake of signature moves is really a bad thing . I hope stamina is on board to have a nice career mode.
With more signature moves, more animations and a slower gameplay, it will be the best tennis game since the masterpiece Top Spin 4!

I have made some videos on PS5 and Xbox Séries X

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Very first impressions .Not many players to choose from,no tournement mode and no challenges.
I suppose the game is really about career mode and will delve into that tomorrow.On quick game mode there are 3 courts hard,grass and clay.Not too sure how much difference each court plays but that will come in time.
Gameplay is the most important thing though and its very good.Even on the easiest mode its challenging which is how it should be.Players make the occasional grunt but overall not sure how atmospheric it feels.As for the commentator adds nothing to the game not money well spent in adding that feature.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Just to add cross play online works well.
On pc game occasionally gets stuck and umpires call of points is behind the action .Finally probably me but it seems to get just a bit harder when you need a point to win seems to go long when previously the shot would be in.

saturator

Club Cricketer
Hi folks,

I have played some nice game, with tearing on Series X, a patch is needed.
The feeling is better than the demo, nice to master but rich in sensation!
On exibition match, there is only 3 choses, but the court is random, so i played clay on 2 differents courts

I want to play more
Enjoy my gameplay on Series X and professionnal difficulty with the mark and ball light!

Alcaraz Vs Medvedev Professionnal Clay

Azarenka Vs Muguruza Professionnal Grass

Gaston Vs Fritz Professionnal Hard

Medvedev Vs Alcaraz Professionnal Clay

Kyrgios Vs Ruud Professionnal Grass

Hurkacz Vs Carreno Busta Professionnal Clay

Gaston Vs Paire Professionnal Hard

Kyrgios Vs Medvedev Professionnal Clay

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Shame the replay function is just rudimentary some of the long shots called in look out at first glance.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
The game falls pretty flat sadly, it's way too easy on the highest difficulty and the rallies are not much more than baseline slogs, once you get your aiming right, it's pretty much impossible to drop a game, let alone lose a match.

saturator

Club Cricketer
Without the balle indication, on career mode, the game is very hard on Pro! I love that. I Lost a lot of games and my victories are strong battles!

Users who are viewing this thread