IPL May 27 - Mumbai Indians v Royal Challengers Bangalore [2nd Qualifier]

kevinx

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mumbai Indians should let go Sachin next year. Hopefully they will be able to get rid of Bhajji as well . Because where ever Sachin goes Bhajji goes. I had though they would be retaining Zak but then ...

This was the most senseless captainship I have seen in a long time.
What was he doing ? was he thinking ?

He was taking bizaare decisions just for the heck of it.
Why Was Kulkarni not in the team ? Why would you not open with your best bowlers . You don't protect your best bowlers, you attack opposite teams best batsmen with your best bowlers . What Sachin did was a sign of a weak captain. And Mi should really get rid of Suman,Satish and Nechim.
And Bhajji on 3 ? Why ? He did not set the stadia on fire last time .
I was hoping that at some point in time MI would open with Andrew Symonds. But it never happened .

MI fans should not expect MI to win IPL as long the great batsmen is the captain.

Hope he proves me wrong next year (But I know he won't :D)

Well Franklin coming out at 3 would have certainly made a big difference. In my opinion Symonds should not open for the team because he is in poor form and taken out of the team.Suman can be certainly useful as he can bowl and bat. But they should get rid of rayudu and get a player who can keep and bat like Robin Uthappa, AB or Saha. This can certainly make a big difference and also maybe get rid of blizzard and take in Ryder or Marsh because KXIP is less likely to keep their players and maybe go after Ashish Nehra. Captain Cool MSD really needs to look forward for tommorows match and i wish him good luck.

Last edited:

Atharv

Club Cricketer
Well Franklin coming out at 3 would have certainly made a big difference. In my opinion Symonds should not open for the team because he is in poor form and taken out of the team.Suman can be certainly useful as he can bowl and bat. But they should get rid of rayudu and get a player who can keep and bat like Robin Uthappa, AB or Saha. This can certainly make a big difference and also maybe get rid of blizzard and take in Ryder or Marsh because KXIP is less likely to keep their players and maybe go after Ashish Nehra. Captain Cool MSD really needs to look forward for tommorows match and i wish him good luck.

All it takes to get back in form is one good knock and instead of chopping and changing the opening combo, if they had persisted with Symonds he might have clicked. They should not persist with Suman,Satish,Nechim and Bhajji next year.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Mumbai Indians should let go Sachin next year. Hopefully they will be able to get rid of Bhajji as well . Because where ever Sachin goes Bhajji goes. I had though they would be retaining Zak but then ...

Why Was Kulkarni not in the team ? Why would you not open with your best bowlers . You don't protect your best bowlers, you attack opposite teams best batsmen with your best bowlers . What Sachin did was a sign of a weak captain. And Mi should really get rid of Suman,Satish and Nechim.
I was hoping that at some point in time MI would open with Andrew Symonds. But it never happened .

MI fans should not expect MI to win IPL as long the great batsmen is the captain.

Agreed 100 %. Hope we will make it to semis at least in CL T20. :D

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
No surprise to see the great man coming back after more or less throwing away the major semi with 12 runs in the bank.

Sets up a Fleming vs Vettori final.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Congrats RCB. But dont win this trophy Mr Lucky is waiting for you :)
Waiting, let him! We'll just defeat him, and take the trophy. Nothing much:).

No, I am actually more worried than if MI were to make it to the final. All depends on Gayle tomorrow, and its something that will worry CSK more than if they were facing Mumbai.

So the playoff system has benefited a team in this edition of the IPL (RCB are making it to the final despite losing to CSK in the first Qualifier).
Just don't be too over confident, bro. You already witnessed what we can do with Gayle failing:yes.

Mumbai south Africans ......................
I'd rather rate Chennai as chokers, if at all they lose today!

+1. I was just amazed what was so special in Abu Nechim, when he was taking the opening over. He proved what he can do!

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Yes, MI need to get rid of Rayudu as he is their second best batsman after Sachin.:rolleyes

And Rayudu keeps in matches when Jacobs is not present.(Jacobs only played a few matches)

And you think Saha should be there instead of Rayudu?!:eek:

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkshayS
Mumbai south Africans ......................
I'd rather rate Chennai as chokers, if at all they lose today!

Seems you don't know what the term is "Chokers" !!! :p

It has to be DD, MI can give them a competition now. But CSK is the best team throughout IPL's 4 seasons. Even if they lose today, they are still best team and not chokers.

jacobfelix

International Coach
Oh My God...:eek: One PC member Mohit dude lost lots of vcash due to this match...Hope his life isnt ruined.....:D

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Seems you don't know what the term is "Chokers" !!! :p

It has to be DD, MI can give them a competition now. But CSK is the best team throughout IPL's 4 seasons. Even if they lose today, they are still best team and not chokers.
Lost IPL 2008 Final.
Lost IPL 2009 Semi Final.
Lost IPL 2011 Final (I said "If CSK lose today").

What does this mean? :rolleyes

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors

Don't consider it till now.

Also I said Mumbai South Africans, well south africa hardly reaches final of a tournament, they usually gets knocked out in group stage in crucial matches or quarterfinals or semifinals.
Similarly, Mumbai is having the same fate, season 1 and 2 where they lost last matches of group stage to fail. Season 3 was good for them but they choked like never before in final. Then season 4, choked in semifinal.
Also they have a history of losing the closest of matches, so they can be classified as the original chokersof the IPL.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Lost IPL 2008 Final.
Lost IPL 2009 Semi Final.

What does this mean? :rolleyes

So if a team loses a match, they are chokers? Are you the inventor of the "Binnu's Dictionary" where you have a special meaning for the word "choker"?:lol

Anyways, two time champions (now bring in your N.Srinivasan thingy!) can be big time chokers, ain't it?

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have no shame in accepting the fact that my favorite team, Delhi Daredevils are the biggest chokers in IPL. :p

Users who are viewing this thread