Michael Jordan

P

Paki Lover

I don't want to start a fight or anything but Why do I think Mir and Insha might be the same?? I could be wrong but I just have that funny feeling.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
get the part of scoring 60 pts in 1 game and then scoring 90 pts is 50% increase. But what does that have to do with 64.5 PPG and then 86 PPG and the college player taking too many shots so he increase his FG%?? (Smoking *eed does kill your brain cells.)

Its the SECOND part you need to get. The figures Vineet gave earlier are the figure a new player would have to get to inccrease those records by the same percentage that Wilt Chamberlin did!

Wilt Chamberlin increased the records by a certain percentage. To increase the record by the same percentage, the player would have to get the figures Vineet game!

Am I speaking ancient greek here? Does anyone else not understand?

Nauman

php monkey
First of all I live in US. I grew up Watching these sports everyday and following my team. I don't have to pay for Satellite dish to get games on TV. I can go to live Games. I grew up watching these players play. I have seen many of my Fav. players play many times. I know each player, which teams he played for in College, pro teams and so on. I can name you the Starting Players from all NBA teams. I can name every starting RB from all NFL teams, I can name most starting Baseball players from all teams.

Why can't you just face the fact that I might know more that you do about American sports because I live here and watch these sports everyday?
Andrew its great that you watch NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL games on your team live, But how many do you watch everyday? Do you know the season storylines in NBA this season or MLB and so on? I am sure you guys watch these sports but I live here and watch it everday. I am 100% sure that you guys know more about Cricket and Soccer because I don't follow those sports that much. And I am 100% sure I know a lot about American Sports.

You guys get 1-2 MLB, NFL, NBA games over in Europe and I get to watch about 20-30 Games each week of MLB, 15-20 NBA games each week, 7-8 NFL games each week. Not to mention Everday Sportscenter and Weekly shows that tell fans what's going on in the league. Since I have been watching these games and shows for the past 13 some years. That's why I think I know more about American Sports than you guys do. If we talk about Man. United Soccer team and Newcastle United team. Only thing I would know is that Beckman is good player on MU (BUTT is my Fav because of his name), and MU defeated NU 6-1 during their last match. I got to see it live over here but that does mean I know more than you in English Premier Soccer League. Do you get what I am saying?

I thought I'd check back on the forum and I was surprised to see a topic about basketball. For those of you who dont know me I'm from Texas and I've been a keen follower of basketball over the last 25-30 years. I read Vineet's article with great interest and did find many pertinent points, some I didn't agree with but nonetheless plausible.

**** lover or whatever your name is I find your reasoning absurd and totally arrogant.I have been to or seen almost every NBA game for the last 25 odd years. Thats far more than you've ever seen. Does that make me right and allknowing and you wrong ?

Your comments border almost on the racist by implyng just because you're in America you must have superior NBA knowledge while clearly Vineet does know more about the game. I mean some of your comments are just plain foolish. The Big O and Russell 7 feet tall ? No big men other than Wilt and Russ in the 60s and 70s ? C'mon you must be kidding me !!!

You boast about naming players. Well my 10 year old nephew can do that but he's hardly an expert on basketball ! You cant understand basic mathematical concepts, I'm guessing you're either a kid or need to go through junior high again.

Besides incase you've been living under a rock the internet and satellite do exist. I was able to watch all NBA and NFL games live while working in Japan.

You clearly have no idea about Soccer but that doesn't neccessarily mean the same applies for other people and American sports.

Geez its guys like you that give us Americans a bad name.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Good to see an American being sensible for a change :D

I'm sure there's a good proportion of Americans who know absolutely nothing about basketball, baseball, ice hockey, american football, or all four.

You guys get 1-2 MLB, NFL, NBA games over in Europe

Nice to see you haven't read what I said here. We get no NBA games on standard BRITISH TV. You can get them on satelite and cable though.

Also it really pisses me off that some people in America just refer to "Europe" as if it was entire country. There is NO european TV. Have you any idea how many languages are spoken in Europe? Great Britain is a separate country from the rest of Europe. I don't know what US sports are shown in the rest of Europe and I never said I did. The fact that you're not reading correctly just shows you up for the ignorant ****** you obviously are.

As an aside there was a professional baseball league in England in 1890, before several MLB teams even existed. I live in a country where Baseball has been played for over a hundred years, maybe I should be able to know as much about certain US sports as you. Just because, in arogance, it's the World Series and the winners of that, the Superbowl and the NBA are called the World champions does not mean these sports aren't played in other countries.

P

Paki Lover

Whatever guys, I know that I know more than you do in Sports and thats the bottom line.
I am going to post a few questions and if you think you know more than me then posts the answer before looking it up on the Internet. (I Trust you guys, that you won't cheat.)

What's the Yankees Payroll?
What's the Mets Payroll?
Who is Bengals Head Coach and what was his previous job?
Knicks traded Camby for ______ player, what's that players name and how many games did he play this season?
Who signed the first $15 Million per year Contract in Baseball?
Mark Madsen Played for this College before playing for the Lakers?
Which NBA team just changed its color for next season?
Who gave up the winning hit in 1997 World Series and which inning was it in?

This is the kinda stuff I know without looking at anything or taking time to think about it. I also know many other questions like these.

Andrew I know Europe is not a Country but whenever NFL, MLB, NBA talk about expanding their market they always say about going to Europe and so on. Its the European Football League, European Basketball League, That's why I am just used to saying Europe. I am not that ****ing stupid. 1-2 NBA or 0 NBA games, its the same ****ing thing, which is that you can't follow these sports hardcore like me because you live in UK and have to get up at 1AM to see it. Thank you for explaining the PPG thing.

Ross so nice of you to drop by, Oh no I got Big-O's height wrong, That means i don't know anything. Give me a break. Bill Russell is 6-10 something and not 7-0, That's the big difference right? And name me some good 7 feet tall players in 60's and 70's than Wilt and Bill played on daily basis.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Whatever guys, I know that I know more than you do in Sports and thats the bottom line.

No you don't know that. Again, you're being an ignorant ******.

I don't know the answers to you're questions. I don't care. And for all I know, YOU could have got the answers from the internet.

As you know more than me in sports, answer these questions. As you know more than me, if I know these things, you should too.

1. How many players in a team in Rugby Union?
2. Which former Snooker World champion got to the last 8 of the world pool championship in 2001?
3. Who is the CURRENT snooker world champion?
4. Who holds the record for the most goals scored in an Enlish professional soccer season?
5. How many points for a drop goal in rugby league?
6. How many players in an Aussie Rules Football team?

Whats that? You don't know? But you know more than me about sports don't you? Oh I forgot. Like most Americans, you seem to think that Sports means the NBA, MLB, NFL and NHL. Like I said, you call the winners of these leagues (except the NHL) world champions. Can the Scottish Claymores play in the Superbowl? No. Can the London Towers play in the NBA? No. Do the Brighton Buccaneers get the chance to play in the World Series? No. No American sports team is the world champions in any sport. FACT.

I don't HAVE to get up at 1AM and watch the games to know whats going on in US sports.

What am I using at the moment.... no not the computer.... I'm using the INTERNET. It's a wonderful invention, you might have heard of it.

I can go to these wonderful websites and find out whats going on in the sports you've mentioned.

www.nba.com
www.mlb.com
www.nhl.com
www.nfl.com
www.espn.com

I can follow these sports "hard core" if I so wish.

Tell you what, I'll give you a baseball question to finish of, just to be nice.

What is the connection between the Toronto BLue Jays and Australian cricket?

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
By the way Mr Lover, how old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

From your attitude I'd guess between 12 and 15. If you're older than that, stop behaving like a little kid.

P

Paki Lover

First of All I never said I know more than you in all Sports?
I said I know more in American Sports that I grew up watching and playing since I was 6 or 7.

Toronto BLue Jays and Australian cricket connection?
I am not that sure but my guess would be Luke Prokopec. I am pretty sure i am wrong. I didn't check the Internet for the answer.
Knowing 1 fact more than me doesn't mean you know more than me.

I know you can go to the wonderful sites like www.espn.com but do you? Do people in UK and other European countries care, who got attacked at Chicago Stadium during the White Sox and Royals game? Or who got the #7 seed in Western Conference of NBA Playoffs? I am pretty sure most of them don't care. You guys care about the sports that you get to watch when you get home or the sports than you guys can go to. I care about the sports that I get to watch, I get to go to, and so on. I got to see MU beat NU 6-1 couple of days ago does that mean I know more than you do in EPL. I can go the sites and check the standings but since i don't get to see all the matches and follow up on the players and how many clean sheets they had or how many goals they scored, I am pretty sure you know more than me in EPL. Just like you watching few Monday Night game of NFL in UK but does that you know more than me in NFL, stuff like what's going in NFL, if that lose for a certain kick them out of the playoffs and so on.

Why do European Basketball players declare for NBA Drafts?
Why do College players that don't get drafted, go to European Football Leagues to play?
Why do Japanese players come to US to play Baseball?

Because all the good players for the sports listed above are in US. Plus they get big bucks to play here in US.

Do you really think Scottish Claymores can beat Tampa Bay or Phil. Eagles?? I bet they can't even beat the Bengals, Corey Dillion will run all over their asses.

Can London Towers beat Lakers or (my Fav team) Kings? Can they stop a 350 pound man (shoe size 22)? Can they stop Bibby, Webber, Peja, Bobby and so on? I don't think so.

Can Brighton Buccaneers beat Randy and Curt? I don't think so.

CURRENT snooker world champion?
I love playing snooker but is that a sport?

drop goal in rugby league?
5 pts???????????????

Lets just say I am old enough to know what's right and what's wrong.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
You said Sports. You didn't say american sports. (Which of course none of them actually are)

Sports can only mean all sports

No I don't think the teams I mentioned could beat any team in the major leagues in the US. But my point is that you call the winners of these leagues the World Champs. They only play US and Candian teams, so they CAN NOT be the World Champs.

The players want to play in the US exactly because of what you said. The money. I agree with you there.

You don't watch EVERY game in NFL, NBA etc. Its impossible. Even I know that. But I find you learn a lot more from reading than you do from watching. It is poosible for me, if I wanted to, to get all the results from last weeks MLB games, along with all the players statistics, etc. It is possible for you to do the same for the Premier League (it isn't abbreviated, by the way)

The connection between the Blue Jays and Australian cricket------ One of the Blue Jays minor League feeder teams has a catcher with the surname Chappell. If that name sounds familiar to you, its because he is the son of former Australian great, Ian Chappell. (Who also played for the Australian Baseball team) I found it out recently and its one of my 2 favorite facts at the moment.

P

Paki Lover

In 1 post I said Sports and every other post I said American Sports.

If you the teams you listed can't beat most of the Pro teams over there then why can't Tampa Bay or Angles or Lakers call themselves World Champs?

It is poosible for me, if I wanted to, to get all the results from last weeks MLB games, along with all the players statistics, etc.
But do people in countries other than US and Canada go check whats going on in American Sports on daily or weekly basis for the whole season??

So I don't watch every game but I do watch the 11 PM and 8 AM Sportscenter everyday that shows the highlights of every game and analyze every game. I am in almost all kinds of Fantasy Leagues Over here. Where I have to do live drafts, Just to stay on top of those leagues, I have to check how each players is doing so I can release him, trade him, add him and so on. That helps me stay on top of all Stories.

P

Paki Lover

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Apr 19 2003, 12:55 PM
You said Sports. You didn't say american sports. (Which of course none of them actually are)
Good one

Snooker is a true Sport.

Running down a basketball court for 40 min is not a sport. Throwing a ball 100 MPH and trying to hit that ball is not a sport but Snooker is.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
To be frank, most people in this country don't give a **** about whats going on in American sports. But those who do, spend litterally hours on the web, looking at all the storys. It is possible.

These teams can not call themselves World Champs beacuse they only play American and Candian teams.

The football, rugby union and cricket world cups involve EVERY country that plays these sports seriously. Basketball, Ice Hockey and, to a lesser extent, baseball are played seriously in the UK. Baseball is played VERY seriously in the Far East.

Lets just say I am old enough to know what's right and what's wrong.

Thats the biggest load of bollocks I've heard all week

P

Paki Lover

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Apr 19 2003, 12:55 PM
The connection between the Blue Jays and Australian cricket------? One of the Blue Jays minor League feeder teams has a catcher with the surname Chappell. If that name sounds familiar to you, its because he is the son of former Australian great, Ian Chappell. (Who also played for the Australian Baseball team) I found it out recently and its one of my 2 favorite facts at the moment.
You asked the Question wrong. The Connetion is between Blue Jays Minor League Teams and Australian Cricket. You said Blue Jays and Australian Cricket, but i don't think that would have helped since i way off.

By the Way

Luke Prokopec is a Pitcher for Blue Jays, who is from Australian, that's why I guessed it was him. I am pretty sure he played cricket sometime in his life.

Users who are viewing this thread