I think I just noticed a commentary bug

.Jambo.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Pretty buggy commentary, I'm sure it can be made more context specific with a patch. I know the chances of getting the lads back in the studio for more lines, but it would be great to have a bit more banter. I seem to remember Big Ant saying there would be more banter and general chat from the commentators this time round (although I've been working outside all day in 45C heat so right now the memory is not 100% haha).

subtekjr

Club Cricketer
I;m not sure but i think the commentators want to say " through for 1" as in you have taken a single. Most Asian origin gamers might mistake it as 3 for 1.

That is what he says, it took me a while to figure out what he meant by 3 for 1, but when I noticed it was about singles only, I tried to listen to exactly what he said. Definitely through for 1. It's just his accent is a bit strong at times.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Commentary is the least of the problems and I would hate Big Ant to waste time and resources on commentary when core gameplay, career mode and online gameplay has issues to be ironed out.

kulch

Club Captain
The commentary is the some of the worst in gaming history. Its worse than 14. Turn it off

fanirama

Club Captain
I;m not sure but i think the commentators want to say " through for 1" as in you have taken a single. Most Asian origin gamers might mistake it as 3 for 1.
Hmm... you may be right actually. Now that you mentioned it, sure I can hear it as "through for 1". I just have to pay attention next time if he says it during a run.

fanirama

Club Captain
You know how to also fix commentary and give it a lively jolt? Allow users to record their own commentary and add it in. Maybe put up a script online and people can record various sentences in their voices (From Jamaican to Klingon) and you can import it.
Now, that would be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread