MMA/UFC Thread

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Dan Hardy's awesome. Bout time someone exposed Swick for the average fighter he is. He's the perfect example of a TUF fighter having their record boosted by being fed easy fights. If you run down the list of his wins in the UFC it reads: Schoenauer, Ray, Vigneault, Riggs, Loiseau, Burkman, Davis, Goulet and Saunders. No way in hell he deserved a title shot after beating those guys, all of them are either gatekeepers or not good enough for the UFC. Glad Dan gave him a beating!

Looking forward to Hardy-GSP. Dan's clearly not going to stand a chance. He's not ready for a beast like GSP, but I like him so I'm not going to contest him getting a title shot too much. Much rather see him fighting GSP than 1 Trick or Kampmann.

Loved the Bisping fight. I was so pumped when he won. Genuinely thought he was out cold when he got knocked down in the 1st, so it was awesome to see him come back like that. His hip escapes and ground defence in that first round was awesome. Then in the 2nd he dominated Kang. Hurting him in the stand-up, taking him down with ease and pounding on him. Awesome win for Bisping!

Shuts up a few of the American haters at least, the whole card did really. Read so much bollocks about the UK fighters in MMAF in the lead up to 105, and then every single UK fighter left with a win, bar 1, and he's the one that's basically American. Ross Pearson was superb, Andre Winner's KO was vicious, even if it was against a guy who's clearly not good enough for the UFC, Hardy = mega win and Bisping's a hero. Really enjoyed a PPV that I thought was going to suck.

Randy's 15 minutes of Ultimate Cuddling was pretty lame. Can see how he got the decision though. Vera didn't deserve a round for 1 kick and gaining mount for all of 20 seconds.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I watched about 10 minutes of the entire card. The only good fight ended up being Kang vs Biesping and that was the only fight I was interested in and the only entire fight I watched.
Might not even end up watching this next card. The only fight that interest me is Johnson vs Koscheck.

So it looks like Lesnar is down and out for good. And since Nogueira is out of his fight with Velasquez maybe we will see the Carwin vs Velasquez fight that was originally scheduled to happen.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
How do you know that was the only good fight if you only watched Kang vs Bisping? Was actually the most entertaining UFC event for a long time for me, bar Couture's 15 minutes of Ultimate Cuddling anyway.

He's not. A family friend of Lesnar has said that after talking to his father, he should be fighting fit in 5/6 months. He's got a bacterial infection of the colon and intestines along with the already diagnosed mononucleosis, and is currently recieving antibiotics via IV for the diverticulitis. It is potentially life threatening, but not if it's caught early enough, which I believe it has; considering he had minor surgery today. Here's a quote from the afformentioned family friend:

"in respect of Lesnar and his family, I know what it is and he's going to be ok, but he is very sick and I know what it is. But I don't want to release what it is because they could find something different while they're trying to narrow it down but they're about 95% sure of what it is and they've got this thing in the right hands right now... We're going to be looking at five to six months until he'll be in fighting shape? I'm confident after talking with his father last night that he's going to be ok, they caught it in time... the Champ will be in the Octagon sooner rather than later."

I imagine we will see Carwin vs Velasquez, but not for a little while, as Shane's recovering from a tear in his knee. Doesn't need surgery as first rumoured, but he's still injured.

I'm interested in the whole UFC 106 card, bar Sadollah-Baroni. I think Parisyan-Hazelett will be an epic fight, and I'm earmarking that for Fight of the Night. Cane-Nog will be a good fight as well. I'm a massive Forrest Griffin as well, so looking forward to seeing him back in action. Johnson vs Koscheck's going to be a good fight as well, hoping Johnson knocks Koscheck out cold in the 1st.

Last edited:

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
How do you know that was the only good fight if you only watched Kang vs Bisping? Was actually the most entertaining UFC event for a long time for me, bar Couture's 15 minutes of Ultimate Cuddling anyway.

I kept switching from basketball to the fights and they didn't seem exciting at all. Wasn't really excited for the Swick/Hardy fight and I knew that the Couture vs Vera fight will end up being boring. It was clear when the fight was made that Coutures strategy would be to try to dirty box with Vera and Vera never impressed me in any of his fights.

He's not. A family friend of Lesnar has said that after talking to his father, he should be fighting fit in 5/6 months. He's got a bacterial infection of the colon and intestines along with the already diagnosed mononucleosis, and is currently recieving antibiotics via IV for the diverticulitis. It is potentially life threatening, but not if it's caught early enough, which I believe it has. Here's a quote from the family friend afformentioned:

"in respect of Lesnar and his family, I know what it is and he's going to be ok, but he is very sick and I know what it is. But I don't want to release what it is because they could find something different while they're trying to narrow it down but they're about 95% sure of what it is and they've got this thing in the right hands right now... We're going to be looking at five to six months until he'll be in fighting shape? I'm confident after talking with his father last night that he's going to be ok, they caught it in time... the Champ will be in the Octagon sooner rather than later."

by the time he is healthy it could be a long time before he is back. One of my friends had Mono for a while and he wasn't able to do anything for a long time. With more and more things being wrong with Lesnar I don't really see him fighting for a long time, this will take allot out of him.

I'm interested in the whole UFC 106 card, bar Sadollah-Baroni. I think Parisyan-Hazelett will be an epic fight, and I'm earmarking that for Fight of the Night. Cane-Nog will be a good fight as well. I'm a massive Forrest Griffin as well, so looking forward to seeing him back in action. Johnson vs Koscheck's going to be a good fight as well, hoping Johnson knocks Koscheck out cold in the 1st.

I'm sure there will be some exciting fights but the main card isn't one of my favorites. Never liked Forest or Ortiz, could end up being a good fight maybe like their 1st fight.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Wish I had taken more photo's of 105, apparently I gave my camera to some lad who I barely know from my gym halfway through the night :D Met some pissed lad on the way home who saw a mates UFC top and kept shouting "where's GSP?!" :D Loving Jiu-Jitsu at the minute. My striking has always been pretty good but I'm improving a lot all round. Was going to enter some amateur competitions but I'll leave it till next year I reckon. Need to do some more boring cardio.

Saturdays card isn't great but understandable. I'll be cheering for Tito :D Koscheck-Johnson will be good. Looking forward to seeing BJ in action at 107 more, the real champion, the one who actually fights! They need to get an interim title fight going, Carwin, Velazquez or/and Nog involved. Too many guys injured right now.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
tito lost, i was more drunk than i have ever been in my life when that fight was on and spent most of it on the phone but i still came to conclusion he was robbed.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
No point, we know who the better fighter is but at this stage Tito would probably win and therefore it means nothing.

Considering going for a Mayhem hairstyle. :D

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I had Forrest winning 2 rounds, that 3rd was a 10-8 as far as I'm concerned as well. Tito did nothing. Loved the typical Tito excuses as well, what an arse. All the hype was that he was finally 100% and then he bitches about some injuries at the end. Still not as much of a twat as Koscheck though.

1 final thing. <3 Phil Baroni. 45 seconds of gas in the tank and then it's hands down and swinging :D

patrickF690

School Cricketer
chuck and tito going to coach ultimate fighter series 11 then there goin to fight its goin to be great my favourire fighter (chuck ) against the fighter i hate (tito) :):happy

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
████ fight as 109 is. Dana White seems to think it's 1999 not 2009.

109 should be Vitor-Marquardt. 108 isn't majorly interesting but has Daley on it so I'll watch.

Saturdays card and 110 are what I'm excited about, love BJ and this one is on down the pub as well which is cool.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
109 is abit of a crap card tbh, but I'm sure it'll still be a good watch. Nate Marquardt, Brandon Vera, Big Nog, Randy Couture, Koscheck-Thiago II, a Gracie, Demian Maia and St Leg-Kicker Rob Emerson =D It's not the worst card I've ever seen, but Anderson Silva - Vitor Belfort would have made it better.

As for 108, again a decent card, but Daley's bout with Condit's been cancelled due to a Condit injury. Dunno if Daley'll still be fighting on the card, but if does then possible replacements include Dustin Hazelett, which would be a sick fight. Daley'd have to keep it standing though, he'd be finished very quickly on the ground if he's still not made any big improvements. Hoping Rashad gets KTFO by Thiago Silva on that card as well :D

Really looking forward to 107. Hoping Diego and his now infamous YES! Cartwheels take the victory. I gained abit more of a liking for BJ Penn on the Countdown show, but still think he's abit of a dick. Penn should take the fight though tbh, and fairly convincingly. Mir-Kongo'll be a good fight. Mir takes Kongo down and it's over, if Mir actually believes his stand-up is anywhere near Kongo's he'll get KTFO, so that'll be good. Florian-Guida should be an interesting battle as well. Looking forward to it.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
My 107 Predictions:

BJ Penn vs Diego Sanchez
Cheick Kongo vs Frank Mir
Clay Guida vs Kenny Florian
Paul Buentello vs Stefan Struve
Jon Fitch vs Mike Pierce

Prelim Card

Alan Belcher vs Wilson Gouveia
Matt Wiman vs Shane Nelson
Johny Hendricks vs Ricardo Funch
Rousimar Palhares vs Lucio Linhares
DaMarques Johnson vs Edgar Garcia
Kevin Burns vs TJ Grant

Main Card's pretty easy to pick for me. BJ's superior to Diego in every department bar mean faces and YES! Cartwheels. Mir only needs to take Kongo down once to win the fight. Florian's going to have worked his arse off to prove to the world he's still a contender in the 155 division and I expect him to beat Guida via UD. Buentello should have been in the UFC a long time ago, he's a very good fighter and should beat Struve. Fitch should be a top contender in the WW division as well, and I expect him to get past Pierce with relative ease.

I can't normally be bothered to pick the Prelim fights, but these ones are pretty good. I imagine Belcher-Gouveia, Wiman-Nelson and one other will be shown on the actual broadcast, and I'd be interested to see the others. Especially the Johnson-Garcia fight, I'm hoping DaMarques Johnson gets KTFO. Definitely the fighter I dislike more than any other, thought he was a complete **** on TUF and hope his stint in the UFC doesn't last long. Such an arrogant knob, I disliked him all season but grabbing the trophy from Dana and handing it to Wilks in a clear attempt to hog some camera time was so annoying. I really hope Garcia puts him to sleep. /rant. :p

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Buentello should have been in the UFC a long time ago, he's a very good fighter and should beat Struve.

Buentello was in the UFC and promptly got his ass handed to him by the first quality fighter he faced in Andrei Arlovski, one punch KO.
I expect Struve to submit him, Buentellos main weapon is his punching and Struve should have a huge reach advantage and stay away from the punches until he can take Buentello down and submit him.

I hope Kongo KOs Mir, Kongo is one of my favorite fighters and I hope he can keep it standing and knock out Mir who is one cocky SOB.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
BJ is awesome. Love him. Mir was always going to win, him V Lesnar looks to be becoming one of the UFC's big rivalries. Florian is a top contender but the problem is no-one at the weight is on BJ's level really, maybe in a year or two Aldo will be ready to be capable of beathing him but he isn't now.

Jon Fitch's fight with Dennis Wise was a lot closer than I thought it would be. I think Fitch-Alves II would have made the card a really great one but this fight was a good one anyway, Fitch didn't really impress me though.

Users who are viewing this thread