Modern Warfare 2

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
I wouldn't get your hopes up, they're pretty stubborn about IW.net

My advice is to enjoy MW2 on your console, and if you're looking for a top quality PC game from a developer that cares, look no futher than the newly released Dragon Age Origins from Bioware. Best RPG since KOTOR, fantastic.

Trouble is, hasn't that got KoTOR's turn based combat system? I hated that - I like to be able to swing the sword, fire the laser myself. :)

As for MW2 on the console - I hate playing shooters with a gamepad and even if I had a console keyboard/mouse (if such a thing exists for the Xbox 360), there would be nowhere to rest them.

Last edited:

cnbd_novice

International Coach
Then again, it appears that IW don't care about the PC anymore, just like EA and just like EA they should feel ashamed as they wouldn't be where they are now were it not for the PC customers. :noway

Off topic, but funny you should mention EA. Right after IW dropped the no dedicated server for PC bombshell, Dice came out to say why dedicated servers are FTW and BF:BC2 doesn't forgets its roots - as well as how PC gamers have been "getting the shaft" for too long and deserves the best of the game. Marketing scheme or not, you gotta applaud these guys for their dedication.
HOLY **** @ "No Russian" :noway
What's wrong with No Russian?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'm playing Modern Warfare's campaign again - well worth playing again, that's for sure. And the online is great as you know - why did IW have to change the system so much for MW2? And why take out leaning? Have to say though, I love those riot shields - they were a good idea.

OffCutters

International Coach
I`m gonna get this when i get my new 360, heard its good but not as good as the original Modern Warfare. Heard campaign mode was alright though.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I`m gonna get this when i get my new 360, heard its good but not as good as the original Modern Warfare. Heard campaign mode was alright though.

It's very, very short though. I know several people who completed it in under ten hours - around eight hours or so - on regular. You should get another few hours out of it on Veteran. Having said that, several of them have already dived into the campaign all over again! And then there's Spec Ops - which might be this game's saving grace on the PC at least.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Off topic, but funny you should mention EA. Right after IW dropped the no dedicated server for PC bombshell, Dice came out to say why dedicated servers are FTW and BF:BC2 doesn't forgets its roots - as well as how PC gamers have been "getting the shaft" for too long and deserves the best of the game. Marketing scheme or not, you gotta applaud these guys for their dedication.

Search it, if you don't mind spoilers. :) It's... controversial and for me, the one reason why this game's rated 18.

Last edited:

OffCutters

International Coach
What`s this about the game getting banned because of the mission where you`re a terrorist and blow up an airport? Surely they cant ban the game since it`s already released and selling?

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They can can't they? Just stop any orders from whenever they declare it illegal of the copy into the country right?

But for those who are unaware ...

Advanced gamer Jeremy Ray, also known as Junglist, has played MW2 all the way through as says it is "entirely full-on".

"When the terrorist level starts you step out of an elevator, the memorable line is one of the guys turning around to you and saying 'Remember, no Russian,'" he told ABC News Online.

"Then all of you bring your guns up and you just unleash on an entire crowd of people. There's people screaming, some people trying to put their hands up to surrender, but everybody gets mowed down. You can choose not to shoot, but you can also choose to throw grenades, kill security guards.

"You eventually come up to a balcony where you're looking down on a massive crowd of people and then you can unleash of them. Then you have to take out a SWAT team with riot shields."

Params7

International Cricketer

The realism in it. Unless you saw the video of the level before or knew about the level, you're going to go "WTF" when you play that level for the first time. When they went past the elevators, I thought we were going to join the security and fight some hijackers.

And then they opened fire. IW's got balls to pull that level off.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Had a long bash at co-operative Special-Ops last night with my mate. Was great, loved the variety and the different scenarios. Has probably persuaded me to get it sooner rather than later, especially with talk of it being banned. Split screen was fun with new maps also, because it meant my cheating mate and little brother wouldn't screen watch because they had no idea where anyone was anyway :p

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Have I got it right?

Basically they're trying to get the game banned because they said "No Russian", not because they killed all the civilians?

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Basically, its a straight port from the consoles. You know when you go online on every other CoD, you get a server browser, where you can choose favourites, filter mods, choose player limits etc.?

Well thats gone. It's been replaced by a simple system of matchmaking. You don't choose the map, and it's limited players on most maps to 6v6. No dedicated servers means that the host of the game is the player with the best connection - if they leave, it switches to the player with the next best. This results in horrible bouts of lag and general annoyance.

In a nutshell, they've ripped out everything that made it worth buying on PC, then cranked up the price by ?10.

The three main problems are:

- No mods
- No dev console, so no change of FOV, hence horrible stretches on a lot of moniters
- No dedicated servers, so lag a plenty, restricted players, unable to favourite certain servers, the end of clans

So basically, you're playing a SP which is admittedly good, yet short, and then battling with a MP system which is both broken and flawed.

Avoid, or get on the consoles, basically.

Oh my god. Gutted, that sounds horrible. Thanks for the heads up man, have yourself some rep.

Think ill stick with world at war, what a tweaking cop out.

Users who are viewing this thread