Modern Warfare 2

P

pcfan123

So I have played for about an hour in campaign mode so far. Im in the Virginia mission right now, it just seems too bloody chaotic, half the time im just randomly firing in the direction of the red arrow thing. I hope there is more to this game than just Rambo style shooting anything in sight. Will reserve my final judgement until I finish the campagin mode, spec ops and try some online play.

Must say the presentation and graphics are brilliant though

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Exactly up to where your at Hmarka. I found the airport one a bit weird. But my favourite mission so far is definately the one in the snow where you get to ride the snowmobile's.

P

pcfan123

Yea was definitly not a fan of the airport mission, whether its integral to the story or not, I think it was largely unnecessary. Perhaps it just because that kind of event is fairly common here in America, but with a lot of pissed off and angry pre-teens playing this game, I think it was the wrong message to send.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, hopefully some dumbass doesn't go and try that. Although if security's good enough, how did they get inside in the first place?

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Yeah, hopefully some dumbass doesn't go and try that. Although if security's good enough, how did they get inside in the first place?
Oh, you'd be surprised at airports in some countries.

Nevertheless, that mission is an integral to the story, because it explains why the events that transpire occur (all because of this 1 incident).

In a realistic setting, these type of incidents (on a lesser scale obviously) do happen in the world, in which an incident can be blamed on another country / group of people.

OffCutters

International Coach
Remember- No Russian. :spy

@Covvy- Yeah Cliffhanger`s my fave mission too, not hard but its bloody fun.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Starting to get the hang of online play despite only playing it for 30 mins. First game I got a kill record of 1-10, but now I'm up too 5-7.

P

pcfan123

Starting to get the hang of online play despite only playing it for 30 mins. First game I got a kill record of 1-10, but now I'm up too 5-7.

First day online (55 minutes so far) and returned scored of

2-10
0-10
6-10

as for campaign mode,
am currently on the oil rig, Ive gotten to the very top of the platform but get killed by those guys with the thermal guns. Any tips?

This game is growing on me, I also like that I can play in Aussie servers with barely any lag, since one of my good mates plays this a lot and he is in Sydney.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Well, yesterday was the first time I've seen you off Ashes Cricket:p

As for your question

Just make sure you get some good cover. And the rest is skill, although I think I did it by running to the door:p

P

pcfan123

Thanks to ENIGMA I think I know what to do. Here the tip for anyone else

Enigma says:
when you get to top of last stairs.... plant a couple claymore on the stairs, pop up and throw grenades (1 or 2) till you hear the smoke pop
then piss-bolt back down stairs and kill em as they come down.... first couple die to claymores as your running
once you kill about 7 guys.. then slowly go back up
Hmarka says:
dont have claymores
Enigma says:
when you get to top, take out the window guys on right... and follow around the right to the right breach door
oh... you get claymores in the Spec Ops version of it
Hmarka says:
ah
Enigma says:
have a look around where you start... there's a few different weapons to pick from, there may be... either way use same strategy
Hmarka says:
yea will do
roomie is playing it right now
and he sucks
Enigma says:
when you get top area, if you go around the left, a heap more spawn.. so stick right and rush to breach door when windows clear (after falling back to take out the first group)
Hmarka says:
its frustrating to watc
Enigma says:
and yeah I hate watching others play lol

Hmarka added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Well, yesterday was the first time I've seen you off Ashes Cricket:p

LOL a few people send me messages along the lines of "wow you actually play something else?"

Params7

International Cricketer
PS3 Online play is for n00bs.

A 2.60 K/D on PS3 is like... a 1.00 on Xbox.

Kidding me right? I can guarantee its the other way around, because I've actually tested this with BF1943. I had a higher KDR playing XBL than I had on PSN. I bet its the same for MW2.

Why I think that is? PS3 was way more expensive before, meaning mostly adult gamers. XBL has a lot under 12's playing.

Also got my 5th nuke yesterday...went 55-2 in Ground War Domination :D Also had a good game with Hmarka (he's a noob).

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

Played with Params7 and Legendboy20 last night quite a bit. Both are ridiculously good, I was just hiding behind Legendboy20 the whole time and got a lot of victories!

Finally bought a Blu Tooth also, this game is bloody awesome!

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Right now that Ive got some extra xmas cash ill probly be getting this game soon.
Im pretty aweful at cod4 online, hopefully I can put up a fight in MW2 :p

Users who are viewing this thread