Mohammed Zahid: Fastest Bowler ever?

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Guys look at site i posted above, proves that Shoaib Akhtar is fastest. ^^

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Well, in the Guinness Book Shoaib Akhtar is the fastest bowler ever.

MohdIrshaad

Club Cricketer
Its Mohammad Irshad!!!!

The fastest bowler is Mohammad Irshad, and Pakistan has finally decided to unleash him.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Pacer Irshad may be called to camp for Sri Lanka tour

By our correspondent

KARACHI: The national selection committee met in Lahore on Monday to deliberate upon the selection of probables for next month?s tour of Sri Lanka where Pakistan play two Tests and three One-day Internationals (ODIs).

Chief selector Wasim Bari said, after the long meeting, that it had been held basically to deliberate upon the choice of probables and that it was decided to announce them after a few days since the Twenty20 Cup was also underway in Karachi.

But he did indicate that young pacer Mohammad Irshad, in the absence of the injured Shoaib Akhtar and suspended Shabbir Ahmed, stood a very good chance of making the training camp as he had been bowling well in domestic cricket and in the side matches he played against England and India.

Bari also confirmed that all-rounder Shahid Afridi had recovered from his ribcage injury but didn?t elaborate on whether he would play for his regional team, Karachi in the Twenty20 Cup when he was fit.

A PCB source said the selectors had finalised a shortlist of players for the training camp which begins immediately after the Twenty20 ends on March 4. "There are some new faces in the probables? list but this list can be changed later on," the source said. The selectors are also said to have consulted Inzamam-ul-Haq during the meeting as coach Bob Woolmer is out of the country on vacations.

The source pointed out that generally most of the players who appeared against England and India selected themselves for the camp with a question mark remaining over the fitness of pacer Umar Gul.

He said others like Salman Butt, Imran Farhat, Mohammad Yousuf, Younis Khan, Inzamam, Faisal Iqbal, Kamran Akmal, Shoaib Malik, Abdul Razzaq, Shahid Afridi, Mohammad Sami, Rana Naved, Mohammad Asif, Danish Kaneria and Gul were obvious choices. "It?ll be interesting to see what the selectors have decided for veteran off-spinner Arshad Khan and whether they retain him for Sri Lanka given the conditions there or opt for one or two youngsters like Mansoor Amjad and Tahir Khan," the source said.

The selection of the touring squad for Sri Lanka could be the final assignment for Bari and his men as the Ad-hoc Committee, which meets again on March 28, has come close to appointing a new paid selection committee.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
At last we can prove without doubt Mohammad Irshad is NOT the fastest bowler ever. If he was Pakistan would be using him a lot more than they are now. You don't leave the fastest bowler in the world playing domestics.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
no they update it much often i think, i had the 2005 book it was Shoaib , and i am still sure shoaib is fastest. go to cricinfo Shoaib's profile
tell you what this thread is pointless. "I think".

MohdIrshaad said:
The fastest bowler is Mohammad Irshad, and Pakistan has finally decided to unleash him.
Holy Crap!

Last edited:

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
aussie1st said:
If Cricinfo list him as Fast medium that would mean he isn't the fastest ever. Those guys would know what they are talking about. He might be able to crack the 150km/h but he can't possibly be as fast as Ahktar due to the fact cricinfo lists him as fast medium.
You say that, but they listed a Somerset off spinner as a slow left arm bowler. Before you ask I mean a right handed off spinner.

Cricket_60

International Coach
aussie1st said:
At last we can prove without doubt Mohammad Irshad is NOT the fastest bowler ever. If he was Pakistan would be using him a lot more than they are now. You don't leave the fastest bowler in the world playing domestics.

Yes exactly, Everyone would think I was nuts if I said that Brett Lee was the fastest bowler in the world but he was only playing for NSW.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
aussie1st = True!
Mohammad Irshad = Who the hell is he ?

Hariz

International Cricketer
usy said:
aussie1st = True!
Mohammad Irshad = Who the hell is he ?

Well if you dont know some bowler, he is not necessarily a bad bowler or a rumour. Shoaib Akhtar was also not that well known and suddenly burst into the international scene to become the world's fastest bowler. Many bowlers bowl the odd quickest delivery like Sami once clocked 100 or something. Akhtar bowls consistently in the 90's which is really fast and if he puts in more effort it goes close to 100 mph.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Yes cricinfo will get the odd bowlers wrong but if there is an extremely quick bowler they will definitely list them as a fast bowler not a fast medium. This does not mean the bowler won't crack the 90mph barrier but the chances of them cracking the 100mph is highly unlikely.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Well lets see if Pakistan include him in the squad against Srilanka, which is not highly unlikely in the absence of the mainstream bowling lineup. That should clear all our confusions, as to what kind of a bowler he is.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
We know what type of bowler he is from the feedback in this thread. The question was is he the fastest ever.

Users who are viewing this thread