1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thanks for the heads up bud :thumbs Between are you in North America as well?

----------

Folks, a quick question...

How can you browse contents of UK psn store online (from PC, not PS3)? I tried to go to the online link and searched for "Move Street Cricket II" and didn't find the game. Here's the link I used...
PlayStation Store?-?PlayStation 3, PS3 official service

He lives in canada....i actually know him outside PC.

And here is the link to the game directly...

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...t-ii/cid=EP9000-NPEA00397_00-MOVESCRICKET2HDD

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
He lives in canada....i actually know him outside PC.

And here is the link to the game directly...

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...t-ii/cid=EP9000-NPEA00397_00-MOVESCRICKET2HDD

Thanks bud and I guess we shouldn't have any problem in getting the DLCs for Big Ant and AC 13 even if they are paid DLCs :cheers

By the way just make sure you get UK/European copy of the game and not the Asian one else UK psn store won't work. Make sure you order the game from a UK based retailer in the list I put together earlier. Out of those online retailers "play-asia" and "yesasia" are Asian retailers and generally ship through Hong Kong. Rest everyone should be fine.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Wow, cant believe i didnt know about this game!

Came across it by mistake online after seeing the review (i think by angad?), went straight ahead and downloaded it from uk psn store! Was quite shocked to actually find move street cricket 1 already available from last year :eek: although it was priced higher i think around ?11.99 while street 2 was only ?7.99, another difference i noticed was that MSC1 was over 2GB and MSC2 was under 600mb :eek:

Trine really need to publicise this game much more world wide, especially in UK as im sure if a hardcore gamer like me didnt know about these titles, then whats the chance of a casual/part time gamer knowing about it?

Anyway, on to the game. I played the tutorials, practise and some exhibition matches. The game was very easy to control with the DS2 controller, i was batting and bowling in no time without any difficulties especially since the mechanics and controls are very similar to Cricket 2010 on ps3, and we play that all the time, so i was instantly able to familiarise myself with the controls on the pad.

The i tried to move to the PS3 Move controller, boy did i struggle! First i tried the tutorial again with the move, unfortunately i stubbled big time just to hit the ball in the areas required to go to next tutorial. i.e the first tutorial is to block the ball back straight to bowler, everytime i tried that it would go to the left or right instead, its very hard to be precise.

I then tried batting practise, i was starting to get good on full deliveries at least. I also realised that my bat was up way to high in the game with a gap under the bat, so i then adjusted my ps3 camera a bit up to remove the gap and adjust to my height! This way i could connect with the ball a bit better now.

One thing i could not achieve at all was connecting with the ball when trying to hook, sweep, pull or cut the ball to onside, ball was always missing the bat. I think i need much more practise to get better and connect with the ball more.

I played on easy and didnt get too many runs in 3 overs, i think like 5-6 runs :lol

I then went to bowl to cpu, bowling was alot easier to throw the ball then to bat however i could only ever bowl full tosses and not swing etc... Hence, i would really like if someone can point out to me how to bowl normal deliveries and also swing the ball. I already tried letting go of the ball earlier or later but it was the same, maybe im doing it wrong and need more practise.

All in all i was pleasantly surprised with this game, i enjoyed it especially with controller, i need more practise with the move and thats how it should be! The one to one movement of the move controller with on screen bat was phenomenal and also the fact that i could move my feet wherever i wanted to and it followed on screen! :D The Move really does have great motion tracking implementation, much better then the Wii and other controllers ive used.

Now i really hope that the developers do not abandon this game, please continue to release updates, patches and bug fixes! As it could only get much better!

One improvement that i want the development team to work on and fix ASAP is the fielding, two things.

1. At the moment when cpu is fielding, they grab the ball and stand still for a second before throwing the ball back to bowler/stumps/keeper, this was a horrible bug in cricket 2012 aswell. Please fix this so that they throw the ball as soon as picked up.

2. When fielding myself please make it so that the throwing end of the fielder is queued by controller input but can also be overwritten anytime before the throw/pickup. Eg. Currently what happens is that my fielder is going towards the ball to pick it up, the onscreen prompt comes to throw the ball at keeper or bowler end, but when i press any of these buttons nothing happens! I have to wait until the ball is picked up then the button triggers, which means i have to keep hammering the button until its thrown. Please make it so that when fielder throwing prompts appear on screen i can press the button and queue it before the ball is picked up!

Sorry for long post just realised now :D

Ill hopefully be playing some more in next few days so can improve in batting and bowling with the move. Ill also be trying out 2 player.

Thanks.

U r right , the game requires a lot of practice to play with move ...After some practice sessions now I am able to hit sixes and fours......
Agreed to the things to be modifies points....That stop for throwing the ball actually annoys and reduces the chances of run outs.......:cheers:thumbs

Killer Nads

Club Cricketer
U r right , the game requires a lot of practice to play with move ...After some practice sessions now I am able to hit sixes and fours......
Agreed to the things to be modifies points....That stop for throwing the ball actually annoys and reduces the chances of run outs.......:cheers:thumbs

One question, how do you hold the move controller? Do you tilt it so that the buttons are facing your palm? Yesterday i realised that when i hold it like a normal controller (ie. with my fingers close to the buttons) then the bat is not held correctly in the game, i had to tilt it like 90degress for the flat side of the bat to face forward.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
One question, how do you hold the move controller? Do you tilt it so that the buttons are facing your palm? Yesterday i realised that when i hold it like a normal controller (ie. with my fingers close to the buttons) then the bat is not held correctly in the game, i had to tilt it like 90degress for the flat side of the bat to face forward.

For me the T button is towards the PS Eye...

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
ok cool, will check that tonight. Also need to make sure that my move is calibrated correctly from the ps3 dashboard settings.

If the bat does not calibrate then pause the game and recalibrate and also try the option of using the "Degrees of movement of Bat Grip" to 270 degrees....:cheers

angad

Chairman of Consent
One thing that you should try is, when you calibrate, move two to three steps behind from where you would be standing to play your shots, and hold the move a little higher than what is shown in the screen. This way when you play from your position, you would be standing outside the crease and your bat would be lower than normal. This helps me connect the ball way better.

Also, one of the members on ivg suggested to tie the move band on your left hand instead of right....this frees up your bottom hand to play shots.

Finally, try to tilt the move to keep your bat facing the bowler....this helps in hitting the ball straight. Also do play the mini practice games.....specially Sports Center using the move. That sports Center mode is a lot of fun.

Killer Nads

Club Cricketer
thanks guys for the tips!

Ah yes Angad that tip for getting the bat to start low is what i need, as yesterday i had a gap between the bat and floor.

Also yes your right i realised that tying the controller to my left hand worked much better yesterday, as i was too restricted with it tied to right hand and couldn't follow through on the shots.

ambar_hitman

Club Captain
Those who are not able to time the ball properly in this game, play Move Cricket 1. It is much more easy and you will be hitting all kind of shots. I played the first game for hours because I could play it properly. Only thing was everything else about the game was meh. Right from graphics to sound to game modes to gameplay with controller. Now Move Cricket 2 is lot more polished, has decent game modes, but some how they made batting with Move way too hard :mad

angad

Chairman of Consent
Now Move Cricket 2 is lot more polished, has decent game modes, but some how they made batting with Move way too hard :mad

I actually found batting with the move much more smoother now!! In the first game I could just swing my bat around wii style and every ball would go for a six!!

However, I do agree that playing shots behind the wicket and square on the off side are almost next to impossible in this game!! That should be rectified!! I tried playing the glide down to third man many times, but even when the ball hits the edge of the bat it just bounces in front of the wicket! This shot worked everytime in the first game!

Overall I felt that if you play the cricket shots properly, i.e. for shots down the wicket, moving your front foot forward, bending a little, keeping the weight on the front foot and hitting the ball in line...you do get everything right instead of when you just try to slog out of the ground. Somehow, batting just feels much better in this game with the move, apart from the impossible shots behind and square of the wicket!

Another thing that I noticed in this game was that the ball actually swings and seams around a lot, thereby resulting in some mishits or missing the ball completely. Also, bowling angles also have a huge impact on where the ball will go, e.g. a left arm bowler bowling around the wicket will get the ball to move in (except when he bowls an off cutter) with the angle, thus you would need to play your shot accordingly, as if you play in line of that ball you would almost always mishit it. Playing in line of the ball in this game results in a lot of mishits!!

One feature which I feel the developers can add, is give us an indicator on the easy mode as to where the ball will end up 'near your bat position'. That will help us to learn how these angles, cutters etc work and where to expect the ball when playing on the medium mode!

vamzie

School Cricketer
Batting

Guys, Play like you are actually playing. In a proper batting stance with your knees bent and bat facing at the perfect angle. Your timing and the possiblility of all shots will come in no time.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Batting

Guys, Play like you are actually playing. In a proper batting stance with your knees bent and bat facing at the perfect angle. Your timing and the possiblility of all shots will come in no time.

+1

Also understand the line of the delivery. The angle of the bowl, if it is an off or leg cutter etc.

Users who are viewing this thread