My Fifa World Cup(Warning 56k users) - 19th June - TOG v SWE, UZB v CRO, NED v NIG

Who will win the My Fifa World Cup 2006?

• Total voters

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
yes welsh rugby

and I was not complaining lefthander, and thank you

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
Sorry about the delay I've been busy and I've also been away recently.

I'm afraid for time's sake I wont be able to type the next month like the detailed reports as I did for the previous months and will just have to type the results and there will be pics though.Sorry but it saves time. But I will be able to get onto the World Cup Finals sooner.

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
Africa Zone

Ghana, Congo DR, Togo and Kenya book surprise places in Germany

Group 1

Malawi 3 - 4 Zambia
Botswana 1 - 3 Guinea
Nigeria 3 - 2 Zimbabwe

Nigeria had already qualified and the win against Zimbabwe was no more than a confidence boost in preparation to Germany 2006.

Group 2

Uganda 2 - 2 Algeria
Cameroon 2 - 1 Egypt
Benin 0 - 4 Ghana

Cameroon's unlikely hopes of qualifying depended on them beating Egypt and Ghana failing to beat Benin. That did not happen, as despite Eto'oo's late winner against Egypt, Ghana emphatically beat Benin 4-0 to book their place at the World Cup for the first time.

Group 3

Rwanda 3 - 1 Libya
South Africa 1 - 1 Democratic Republic of Congo
Liberia 1 - 1 Cote d'Ivoire

There was late drama in Group 3 as Congo DR, who had qualified before as Zaire, secured a surprise place in Germany. For a long time it seemed that this would not be the case, Congo DR did well to grind out a draw in Johanesburg with Nonda getting the equalizer, but it seemed this would not be enough as Kalou put a shaky, nervy Cote d'Ivoire ahead. But Liberia, with no chance of qualification themselves, equalized late in injury time through Kimcett and therefore broke Ivoiran hearts and sent Congo DR through.

Group 4

Tunisia 2 - 1 Morocco
Congo 0 - 3 Togo
Gabon 0 - 2 Burkina Faso

Togo's qualification was pretty likely and it would require a Morocco win and realistically a Togo defeat for things to turn out otherwise. And this did not happen. Morocco lost 2-1 away to rivals Tunisia, who had seen their WC place already slip away, and Togo completed a comfortable 3-0 win over Congo.

Group 5

Senegal 1 - 2 Mali
Cape Verde Islands 1 - 4 Angola
Sudan 0 - 5 Kenya

Group 5 was perhaps the tightest group of all with the top 3 separated by 3 points. After their surprise defeats home away to Kenya, Senegal's chances of qualification were extremely unklikely, but they still took the lead over Mali thanks to Papa Bouba Diop. And with Kenya racing into a 3 goal lead over Sudan in Khartoum at half time, the Kenyans were heading to Germany. But things soon turned on its head as Kanoute equalized, and then Sidibie scored a winner in injury time and Mali thought their place in Germany was secured. However, their celebrations were cut short. Kenya were 4-0 up, but that would have still put them out on previous head-to-head results, but unaware of the goings on in Dakar, Machethe added a fifth in injury time which was enough to put Kenya through to the WC Finals for the first time by one goal on goal difference.

Pictures

Attachments

• But their slim hopes end as Ghana emphatically beat Benin as Ghana's dream comes true for players an
    41.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Kalou's srike seemed enough for nervy Cote d'Ivoire, but late Kimcett goal breaks Ivorian hearts as
    97.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Congo DR do well to battle back in Jo'burg to get a draw, but would it be enough.JPG
    Congo DR do well to battle back in Jo'burg to get a draw, but would it be enough.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Morroco's defeat made the Togo result academic, but they beat Congo 3-0 for good measure.JPG
    Morroco's defeat made the Togo result academic, but they beat Congo 3-0 for good measure.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Kenya thrash Sudan, but it takes an injury time 5th from Machethe to put Kenya through on goal diffe
    43 KB · Views: 23

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
Thanks

I have almost completed all the play offs and it is just a case of typing it up, I have to type up the month in less detail to save time.

I also have loads of coursework in the holidays and other personal issues so progress in this story may be slow, but good. Bear with me. I may have the qualifiers finished and typed up soon.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Take you're time mate, you are going really well.

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
Europe Zone

Big name countries are forced to play offs while the Iberian duo crash out

There were a few surprises in the final round of matches in the European Zone, especially with Spain, 3 times quarter finalists and perennial underachievers, failing to even qualify, ironically, since the last World Cup in Germany, in 1974. This was after defeats at home to Bulgaria, 2-0, and Slovenia, 3-0. Also France and Italy were forced to the lottery of the play offs, although they will fancy their chances there. This was despite Italy winning both games, against Denmark 2-1, and thrashing Malta 6-0, Denmark still qualified ahead of them. France drew away in Zagreb against Croatia, and despite then beating Bosnia and Herzegovina 3-0, Croatia qualified ahead of them.

Elsewhere, in the battle in Group 1, Ukraine beat Switzerland to top spot, but both automatically qualified, which mean Portugal whould join their Iberian neighbours in the "failed to qualify" column. With a similar state in Group 4, England beat Serbia & Montenergo to top spot, after both sides drew in Belgrade, and then England beat Cyprus 3-0 and Serbia & Montenegro drew with Republic of Ireland. Sweden, Austria, Bulgaria, Netherlands and Croatia also qualified. Scotland, Poland, Slovenia and Czech Republic will also go into the play offs. Poland's defeat to Austria, 3-1, proved the decider in Group 3, while Scotland's draw, 3-3 after being 3-0 up, meant they would be heading for the play offs. Wales's slim hopes ended, despite the 4-0 win against San Marino, when in the final match they drew in Bratislava, 2-2, with Slovakia. This meant only third place thanks to both Czech Republic and Netherland regestering big wins. Meanwhile, Northern Ireland's campaign finished on high note, despite a late 2-1 defeat to Austria, they went and thrashed Luxembourg 4-0 away.

Group 1

Portugal 3 - 0 Russia
Ukraine 2 - 1 Switzerland
------------------------
Russia 2 - 1 Lithuania
Kazakhstan 1 - 1 Liechtenstien
Ukraine 1 - 1 Portugal

Automatically Qualified: Ukraine, Switzerland

Group 2

Hungary 4 - 0 Andorra
Finland 3 - 0 Azerbaijan
Belgium 0 - 0 Scotland
-----------------------
Andorra 0 - 4 Belgium
Scotland 3 - 3 Hungary
Azerbaijan 0 - 8 Sweden

Automatically Qualified: Sweden
Play Offs: Scotland

Group 3

Turkey 2 - 1 Albania
Austria 2 - 1 Northern Ireland
Poland 5 - 0 Luxembourg
----------------------------
Austria 3 - 1 Poland
Turkey 2 - 2 Latvia
Luxembourg 0 - 4 Northern Ireland

Automatically Qualified: Austria
Play Offs: Poland

Group 4

Cyprus 1 - 2 Republic of Ireland
Norway 5 - 0 Faroe Islands
Serbia and Montenergo 1 - 1 England
-----------------------------------
England 3 - 0 Cyprus
Republic of Ireland 1 - 1 Serbia and Montenergo

Automatically Qualified: England, Serbia and Montenergo

Group 5

Italy 2 - 1 Denmark
Greece 3 - 2 Georgia
Iceland 3 - 0 Malta
--------------------
Italy 6 - 0 Malta
Denmark 1 - 1 Greece
Georgia 2 - 2 Iceland

Automatically Qualified: Denmark
Play Offs: Italy

Group 6

Belarus 3 - 2 Israel
Spain 0 - 2 Bulgaria
-------------------
Bulgaria 2 - 1 Belarus
Spain 0 - 3 Slovenia
Israel 3 - 0 Moldova

Automatically Qualified: Bulgaria
Play Offs: Slovenia

Group 7

Estonia 0 - 2 Slovakia
Wales 4 - 0 San Marino
Netherlands 3 - 3 Czech Republic
--------------------------------
Slovakia 2 - 2 Wales
Estonia 0 - 3 Netherlands
San Marino 0 - 5 Czech Republic

Automatically Qualified: Netherlands
Play Offs: Czech Republic

Group 8

Croatia 1 - 1 France
Romania 2 - 0 Macedonia FYR
-----------------------------
Macedonia FYR 0 - 3 Croatia
Armenia 0 - 2 Romania
France 3 - 0 Bosnia-Herzegovina

Automatically Qualified: Croatia
Play Offs: France

Attachments

• Shevchenko and his teamates celebrate the opener it their crucial win over Switzerland.JPG
    Shevchenko and his teamates celebrate the opener it their crucial win over Switzerland.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Ivanschitz scores a crucial late winner to keep them in the chase for automatic qualification.JPG
    Ivanschitz scores a crucial late winner to keep them in the chase for automatic qualification.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Esp0_Bul2.JPG
    Esp0_Bul2.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 30

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
North American Zone

Guatemala landmark, Mexico do the usual business, USA nervously scrape through, Trinidad and Tobago grab play off, Costa Rica crash out

There was plenty of twist and turns and drama in the final round of matches. Guatemala's place in the finals was all but certain, along with Mexico, but a late winner against T&T confirmed, after many near misses, Guatemala would be heading to the World Cup for the first time, along with Mexico who won both matches this month. USA were in severe danger of missing out on the finals for the first time in 20 years, but scraped through on goal difference, thanks to a win over Honduras and a draw with Costa Rica. T&T narrowly beat Honduras in their last match to take the play off place, but if they had scored one more, they would have gone through automatically. All of this means Costa Rica crash out on goal difference with USA, T&T and Costa Rica all level on 13 points.

Mexico 3 - 1 Costa Rica
Trinidad and Tobago 0 - 1 Guatemala
United States of America 2 - 1 Honduras
---------------------------------------
Costa Rica 1 - 1 United States of America
Guatemala 0 - 1 Mexico
Honduras 0 - 1 Trinidad and Tobago

Attachments

• Cri1_Usa1.JPG
    Cri1_Usa1.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Hon0_Tri1.JPG
    Hon0_Tri1.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Mex3_Cri1.JPG
    Mex3_Cri1.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 33

usy

Chairman of Selectors
I hope France win the next match.

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
Here's the European Play Off draw by the way...

Scotland v France
Slovenia v Czech Republic
Poland v Italy

I actually just finished all the qualifiers and I've just done the World Cup draw. I can't wait to report it to you and start the real thing. But progress may be slow so be patient and try to get more people to visit and read this fascinating story.

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
South American Zone

Argentina and Brazil arrive later than planned, while Peru book a date with Australia

Bolivia 0 - 3 Brazil
Argentina 3 - 2 Peru
Ecuador 1 - 1 Uruguay
Venezuela 0 - 3 Paraguay
Colombia 2 - 1 Chile
-------------------------
Uruguay 0 - 1 Argentina
Paraguay 1 - 2 Colombia
Brazil 4 - 0 Venezuela
Peru 2 - 0 Bolivia
Chile 1 - 2 Ecuador

Automatically Qualified: Paraguay, Ecuador, Argentina, Brazil
South American-Oceanian Play Off: Peru

Attachments

• Arg3_Per2 Crespo2.JPG
    Arg3_Per2 Crespo2.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 30
  • Bol0_Bra3 Adriano2.JPG
    Bol0_Bra3 Adriano2.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 27
  • Per2_Bol0 Peruvian delight.JPG
    Per2_Bol0 Peruvian delight.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 27

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Good win by Argies they are awsum, keep up, nice going :).

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
All that's left for me to do is the Asian play off for this month, then the rest of the play offs, European, Asian-North American and South American-Oceanian. I've played them, its just a case of typing them up!

But I need to go and get sleep...after I finish listening to this Muse song!

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
I'm sorry to say but 6th out of 7th in Group 3 with 2 wins, 8 defeats and 2 draws, but a lot of those defeats were down to late winners.

By the way after the qualifiers, I shall hope to post an excel spreadsheet of all the qualifying groups for you.

But I don't mind answering questions on where your country finished

Users who are viewing this thread