Story My Lancashire Season

Calientez

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Starting soon, a full county season on 3 star with Lancashire.
The team has been edited to include some of my cricket heroes, as well as creating 3 new players.

Player 1 - M. Lee (me)
All-round Spin Bowler
Left Arm Chinaman
Right Handed Batsman (Opener)

Player 2 - J. Cake (Jaffa Cake...geddit?) (brother)
All Rounder
Right Arm Fast
Right Handed Batsman (Opener)

Player 3 - B.Ward (Friend)
All Rounder
Left Arm Fast
Left Handed Batsman (Number 3)

Full team line-up and first match report follows when i get home lol :P

Calientez

School Cricketer
iv been a tard n forgot 2 write down my full team (inc players dat wont b spendin much time on the field) Anyway, here's the team that will be facing Hampshire in the first game of the season. First match in in Division 1 of the LVC Championship at Old Trafford. Remember, i said that i've edited the Lancs line up to include some of my cricketing heroes.

M.Lee (me)
Jaffa Cake (Bro)
B.Ward (mate)
K.Pietersen
R.Ponting
S.Tendulkar
A.Gilchrist
S.Styris
A.Flintoff
B.Hodge
S.Warne

Hampshire won the toss and elected to bat.

J.Adams and D.Thornely were bowled and caught behind respectively in the first over of the day by Jaffa Cake. These were followed back into the pavilion by M.Brown at the end of the second over, bowled by left arm paceman B.Ward. This left Hamps on 4/3 with the four coming from two no-balls bowled by Ward.
J.Crawley was the next to go, caught behind off Cake for 1 from 12 balls. Hamps now on 9/4 thanks to another no-ball.
The new pair, M.Stokes and M.Carberry stuck around for 29 and 30 balls respectively until a sharp catch at second slip by KP from the bowling of medium pacer S.Styris removed Stokes for 8 runs.
The tail now exposed i brought on spin meistroes M.Lee (left chinaman) and S.Warne (leggy for those who have been living under a rock in the arizona desert for the last 15 years) with devistating effect. Carberry was the next to fall, lasting only a couple of balls into M.Lee's first over, caught at silly mid on by a diving Tendulkar for 2.
Warne proved his worth by dispatching both T.Burrows and S.Udal in the same over for ducks.
Another over from Styris brought another wicket to his name, this time claiming the scalp of S.Croft in the second ball of the over.
The Tendulkar-Lee pair struck again to remove Tremlett for a golden duck. This left the travellers 25 all out, a score that would have been much lower had it not been for the seven no-balls.

Hampshire 1st Innings - M.Stokes 8 J.Cake 3-13
M.Carberry 2 M.Lee/Warne 2-0

Lancs have come out fighting, already the scores are tied after 2 overs of the innings. M.Lee currently has 20 to his name, whilst Jaffa Cake is on 5. The home team are firmly placed at 25 without loss and are looking towards a large total.

more to come...

plympilgrim

International Coach
nice work, welcome to the forums

some advice: try using colour as it will add to the story presentation, also maybe try using different font styles.

nice work keep it up :)

Calientez

School Cricketer
Next post about my season will be posted sometime tonight, if my parents aren't in a mood :P

Slight problem with posting screenshots as i'm playing on the PS2. :(

Calientez

School Cricketer
that would be kinda difficult as my phone doesnt connect to my pc and my parents are dead annoying when it comes to using the digi-cam :@
thats a good idea tho, will try it tonight...hopefully :P

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
i think what mat meant was actaully use pictures of the real players in real life..it doesnt have to be from the game..pictures always make something better

Calientez

School Cricketer
Apologies for the delay...parents and all that jazz.

Anyway, on with the game.

Lancs continued the game with the scores level and stormed on past 50 for the opening partnership. Both batsmen seemed to be heading for a high total when Jaffa Cake misjudged the line of a delivery from Croft. Playing all around it he was bowled, off-stump, to give the away side the faintest glimmer of hope at bowling Lancashire out for a low score.

WICKET!Jaffa Cake, out for 40. Lancashire 86/1 with B.Ward striding out of the pavillion.

Play continued until lunch at a steady rate without any scares for Lancashire, who were 143/1 at the interval.

Afternoon Session

The session began with three fours from the first over to grant opener M.Lee his maiden first-class 100 on his debut.
Play continued at a pace fitting of a T20 game, with both batsmen taking the fight to the Hampshire pace bowlers.
Udal comes on to bowl some off-spin and is immediately dispatched for six to give Ward his century.

WICKET!Udal recovers at the end of the over by bowling Ward with the final ball of the over to leave Lancashire on 267/2.

Pietersen is in to bat at number four and begins by smashing the ball over mid-wicket for 6!
A big LBW shout from Udal is turned down by the umpire, replays show that it would have clipped the top of leg...lucky break for KP.
Lee is in fine form, hitting 150 from 61 balls.
The runrate dropped slightly as Udal began to bowl a very good line and length whilst varying the turn, preventing the batsmen from picking up everything except singles. KP gets bored 1/2 way through Udals second good over and advances down the wicket to hit him for 2 fours and a six, taking him to 47.
A single at the end of the over and a four from the first ball of the next is enough for KP to reach his 50 from just twenty balls.
Pietersen and Lee continue to bat strongly, with KP needing only 17 more balls to reach triple figures. The commentator mentions that Pietersen has been strong through the leg side, even though only three shots have been played down there.

WICKET!Lee is bowled by Udal for a spectacular 175. Lee attempted a sweep but the CPU failed to move onto the front foot despite the ball only bouncing to shin height. the end result was Lee rather comically performing a hook shot as the ball spins into off-stump a good 3 feet below, dislodging the bail.
Lancs 428/3

Ricky Ponting comes onto the field, and reaches looks well set for a high scoring innings.

WICKET!Ponting's cameo innings comes to an end. He reaches 40 from fourteen balls and but misjudges the strength of the man's arm at extra cover and is run out by a country mile.

Tendulkar takes Pontings place.
Sachin desides to play himself in slowly...basically defending the first three balls and smashing the final three to the boundary for a total of 14 runs.

WICKET!Sachin is given out by the video ref, despite beins home by at least three yards!!! :mad Lancashire 516/5

Adam Gilchrist arrives in the middle to face the penultimate over of the session.
The first ball is a full toss from Tremlett and as quickly dispatched for six runs by "Church"

LANCASHIRE 536/5 DECLARED

M.Lee...........175.........................S.Udal......2-118
Pietersen......132*.......................S.Croft......1-118

Evening Session

The Hampshire openers make their way to the middle, hoping to save total embarresment in this Liverpool County Victoria Div. 1 match by posting a decent second innings total against an agressive Lancashire bowling attack.

Opening the bowling for Lancashire will be Jaffa Cake

WICKET!Cake takes the wicket of Adams with a splendid cutter that came back in on the left hander to uproot off-stump!

Hampshire off to a bad start on 0/1

Thornley replaces Adams and survives the rest of the over without incident.

In an effort to pick up wickets for my created player, M.Lee is brought on to put a new spin onto the attack...No pun intended ofcourse;)

WICKET! Brown is done by the spin and trotts off back to the pavilion with his team now on 0/2

Crawley, the top scorer in Hampshire's first innings with a huge 8 runs looks sheepish as he remembers that Lee took his wicket in the first innings...now he must face the remaining four balls of the over.

Crawley survives and Warne is brought on at the other end. Lancs, now bowling with two spinners, seem happy to let the rest of the day drift by and pick up wickets at their leisure. Warne is twice driven through the covers for four each to conceed the first runs of the innings during the 7th over.

WICKET!Warne makes up for his looseners by removing Thornley with the 5th ball of the over. Hampshire are now desperate for a dencent partnership as they are 8/3.

Bored with the spin already, Scott Styris is brought on to bowl some magic medium pace.

WICKET!Styris' introduction has the desired effect as he removes Stokes the very first ball, thanks to a thick edge to the waiting slip cordon. Hamps now on 8/4

Ward makes his first appearance this innings as he bowls to Carberry. As in the first innings, Ward struggles with two no-balls in an otherwise good over.

WICKET!Ward removes the stubborn Carberry for a duck. Carberry had looked good this over, despite not managing to penetrate the field, only to be undone by a thin edge to wicket-keeper Gilchrist. Hampshire teetering on the brink at 13/5

WICKET!Styris' stunning bowling continues as he takes the scalp of Crawley with an insane inswinger that eases leg-stump out of the ground.

WICKET!The Vary next ball from Styris is pure gold...as is Udal's duck. Styris pitched a bouncer at Udal, but owing to the fact that Styris bowls medium, the ball would have his Udal in the stomach. The Hampshire spinner attempted to hook it through legside for four, however, he top-edged it in the air and into the waiting hands of Brad Hodge at square leg! Hampshire 17/7!

Styris is foiled in his efforts to get a hat-trick as Croft defends the delivery.

WICKET!Styris compensates for the missed hat-trick by removing Croft with a yorker.

Styris seems to have had his moment of magic as he bowls a no-ball.

WICKET!I stand corrected. Styris gets a five wicket haul after dismissing the Hampshire no.11 thanks to a truely beautiful diving catch at gully!! Hampshire are sinking fast on 19/9

Ward comes close to rapping up the match twice in the next over. Firstly, a thick edge passes through the vacant 3rd slip position and runs away for four. And secondly, another edge falls short of the slip cordon...Hamps aren't going to give up their last wicket without a fight.:boxing

M.Lee comes on to replace Superman Scotty Styris after a blistering spell of swing bowling...imagine what S.S.S. could do in overcast conditions!!!

The batsmen have a scare towards the end of the over as a bat-pad falls just short of the stumps...literally millimetres!

Deciding to take a gamble, the captain brings on part-time spinner Kevin Pietersen to bowl a few. Despite being able to extract some cheeky spin from the pitch when conditions are right, KP is vulnerable to conceeding plenty runs if conditions are unsuitable.

WICKET!The gamble pays off as KP manages to dismiss the last man with the 5th ball of the over. Hamps are gone for 31.

Final Scorecard
Hampshire 25 & 31
Lancashire 536/5 Dec.

:happyLANCS WIN BY AN INNINGS AND 480 RUNS:happy

Computer's man of the match -M.Lee (Presumably due to the 175 runs and his contribution to the bowling attack

My man of the match - SUPERMAN SCOTTY STYRIS (five wicket haul!!!!)

Next Match - C & G Trophy vs. Leicestershire @ Old Trafford

Match report in two installments, one if match is short.

Will post report as and when i am able to...Until then, happy gaming!

:D:happy:cheers:happy:D

Calientez

School Cricketer
Yeah i no...i really should up the difficulty level to 4 star to be honest, i didn't think that id walk the match so easily though.

Users who are viewing this thread