My Patch Version 2.0 : Complate Edition

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Originally posted by tutsipoppy2
thnx a lot ravi. i'm really glad that if i have some problem you r there to guide me. i hope i'm not troubling you with all those questions n all.

speaking of that what does :

batwindowcentre
batwindowsize
spintovel
veltospin

plz n thnx a lot. i 'll try what you have suggested and post a reply.

Higher the batwindowsize easier to bat. Reducing the batwindowcentre will reduce the stroke ability but you better not play with this as sometimes there are chances you may miss a straight one. Remember in one of my patches CPU going crazy leaving all balls even the ones on the stumps, that is to be attributed to it. spintovel and veltospin are the ones to decide how fast the ball will travel after stroking it. spintovel if I am right decides the pace of the ball after striking carrying it within inner circle where as veltospin decides how fast the ball will travel in the outfield. These may not really be true but I may not be far from being right.

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
ok....thnx a lot ravi for that.

and by the way just an update.......

the values you suggested to edit. well i did that but still no result.

since i don't have any other problem regarding spin , swing , seam, etc.

i'll now try setting the values to default and then see what happens.

Radaga

International Coach
Tutsi, there could be someting wrong with your file prehaps?

I have been mucking around with the settings a fair bit and i did what ravi said i get a lot of edges.

Also what i did was reduce the power in a lot of shots, so that might be what got the edges?

anyway good luck! :)

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
i don't know mate why this is happening.

well i think i have to release the next update of my patch without 100% solving the edges issu and i hope the people you install my patch will get edges.

Radaga

International Coach
what is your batwindowidealsize currently set at?

if it is very high like over 1.5, then most shots will be a good hit no matter what timing you do, so that means edges wont happen.

Try setting it lower then change some other settings to combat it and get the shots with the same power.

I dunno if that will help you or not but hopefully it does. :)

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
well...the thing is that i have set the batwindowidealsize in hard mode to 2.0 and then also i'm not getting edges.

and obvoiusly i have to set a bit higher values in normal and easy mode. like 4 and 6 resp.

so if i'm not able to get edges on hard. how in the hell will i get edges on normal and easy.

i dunno but there must be a solution or a value combination that we are missing.

and also 'we' need an explaination to what values in the difficulty modes do what....like does 'scorebias' do. like this we need a description of all the batting vaules.

hopefully from ravi.

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by Radaga
what is your batwindowidealsize currently set at?

if it is very high like over 1.5, then most shots will be a good hit no matter what timing you do, so that means edges wont happen.

Try setting it lower then change some other settings to combat it and get the shots with the same power.

I dunno if that will help you or not but hopefully it does. :)

You obviously need to set the batwindow idealsize to something like 1.

Also i think the best way to find out what all the values do is change them one at a time test game then change some other things im guessing thats how ravi figured it all out so its probably quicker for you to do it that way than sittin around waiting for answers on the forum

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Originally posted by Sman-21
You obviously need to set the batwindow idealsize to something like 1.

Also i think the best way to find out what all the values do is change them one at a time test game then change some other things im guessing thats how ravi figured it all out so its probably quicker for you to do it that way than sittin around waiting for answers on the forum

well if ravi knows what the values do...the better thing to do is to share it if needed. thats what the forums is all about. rather that everybody changing one value at the time....staring the game.....playing for 3-4 overs.....quiting and then also not xactly sure what it did or changed. coz there the multiple values refering to say, batting.....so what value changed which aspect of batting is hard to know.

so i think u've got what i am tryin to say.

Last edited:

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
well i'll be uploading my next version of the patch in a couple of hours from now.

a help on the above things "what all the values do" from ravi before the release will surely be helpfull.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
except its 4am in NZ so don't hold your breath....

Users who are viewing this thread