My Patch Version 2.0 : Complate Edition

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi there....well this is the complete edition of my patch.

new features :

1. pacing for 10,20,45,50
2. difficulty tweaks for ODI and TEST.
3. all modes : easy, narmal and hard.

well....obviously this will try to provide you with a realistic gaming experience as possible.

installation is same as ravi's patches.

*those to reviewed the earlier 'beta' one as being too easy will hopefully find this as a challenge.

hope to get atleast some reviews on this one.

*will release a reversal patch as well.

qazxswedc

School Cricketer
quick question have u also changed teh swing/seam values.... does it swing/seam more compared to the original game or say ravi's pacth 8.

thanks

qazxswedc

School Cricketer
1 more question I have ravi's pacth 8 and sam's exe installed... what shud i do to install ur patch ....
also how different is ur patch from the effect of playing sith sams exe and ravi's patch 8.0
thanks

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
yea....u have use the original .GOB file which is there in the data directory.

and yea i have increased the swing and seam and also spin to a considerable amount so as to provide a good gameplay expreience.

well to be honest i have not really tried ravi's latest patches coz i was buzy making and testing my own patch.

install it , play with it and then tell me how did you find it...?

thank you.

thank you.

squiz

International Coach
Hey Tootsi i couldn't to playing ya patch last time, but i will try my hardest to try play it

sorry tusti :D :D :D

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi tutsi,

Please wait I am currently testing your patch version 2. I am playing a tour of west indies as england with your patch. My tour schedule has come, I will be testing your patch in normal level and will write a review soon.

babai

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Hi, tutsi here is my review.

Positive points +ve

1. Good CPU & Human pacing.
2. Great ball physics.
3. CPU bowls good lenght balls.

Negative -ve points.

1. CPU is not aggresive
2. not much of swing ,seam & spin visible.

To be improved:

Please try improviing follwing things :

TEST:

1. When the ball is new (For both CPU & human) there should be fair amount of edges to the slips & wicketkeeperfor all wicket types for first 10 overs. This will ensure that both CPU & Human batters are in a tight spot in first few overs and should play cautiously to built innings as this will be just like real cricket where when the ball is new we see so manyedges to the slips & wicketkeeper. after 15 overs the edges to slip shoud dry down.

2.When the ball is new for first 15 overs there should be fine edges to wicketkeeper as cpu doesnot place any slips in ODI. After 15 overs the edges should dry down considerably.

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
thnx a lot bumba for ur reviews

honestly speaking me myself has also seen this while playing matches that there are virtually no edges in the entire match. i am fixing this thing as you speak and will release an update really soon.

well you said that the cpu is not aggressive....well it all depends whether ur cpu team is a strong team like AUS,SAF or a weak team like BAN,ZIM etc. i also also seen this that while playing against aus and saf,etc they just smash me all around the park as against zim,ban,etc they just tick the ball around, i suggest you play a couple of more matches to verify this.

and the point about seam,swing and spin -

well honestly i can seem to seam the ball myself but the vaules i've set for seam...the cpu seem to seam like anything...so i think maybe its a bug or sumthing coz i've tried everything but no seam for human.

well there is considerable amount of swing and spin. it is according to the pitches. i am able to swing and spin the ball and i have tested and seen them in the game. the spin and swing amounts have been seen realistic according to the pitches to provide realism and also the cpu also swings and spin the ball with the same vaule as i have set or human players so if i increase it too much...cpu will bowl a lot of wides and this is what we don't want.

i want you to give me a more detailed revire as to how you found batting, was it easy or difficult. and what about bowling? what was the cpu's total...was it realistic according to the match lenght. etc.

thnx a lot.

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Hi tutsi,

I suggest you to take the default values of edges like edge average so on from the default config files of cricket 2004.
please wait for a more detailed review from me.

babai

qazxswedc

School Cricketer
adding onto bumba comments.. I think batting is a bit too easy, I can smash bowlers around from the begining ... after playing quite a few games I think the normal shots are fine in terms of power & direction(cut is an exception) but something needs to be done about the difficulty of power shots. they shud be made much harder to play....

edges issue has already been mentioned ...

bowling... if somehow visible seam movement can be added.....

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Originally posted by qazxswedc
adding onto bumba comments.. I think batting is a bit too easy, I can smash bowlers around from the begining ... after playing quite a few games I think the normal shots are fine in terms of power & direction(cut is an exception) but something needs to be done about the difficulty of power shots. they shud be made much harder to play....

edges issue has already been mentioned ...

bowling... if somehow visible seam movement can be added.....

batting is too easy on hard....?

i dunno how thats possible.

well....i've taken the edges thing into account and the problem with seam is just kind of a bug.

qazxswedc

School Cricketer
yeah as mentioned above timing/power/placement etc. is great while palyiong nomral shots... only the power shots need to be made a bit hard...
also if u can improve the timing on late cut & cut against spinner...

Users who are viewing this thread