My review for Don Bradman Cricket 14 also published

Offie

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hang on, I've read so many comments that you hardly notice the turn, and then you write:

" the amount of pace and turn is quite appreciable and very much noticeable in this game."

Which doesn't seem to fit in with what I'm reading on here?

Hassan Aftab

Club Cricketer
Hang on, I've read so many comments that you hardly notice the turn, and then you write:

" the amount of pace and turn is quite appreciable and very much noticeable in this game."

Which doesn't seem to fit in with what I'm reading on here?

Have you watched videos that imhassan posted? There is one featuring Pakistani spinners bowling in a match. That one's a great example of the sort of turn dusty pitches support.

Offie

School Cricketer
Have you watched videos that imhassan posted? There is one featuring Pakistani spinners bowling in a match. That one's a great example of the sort of turn dusty pitches support.

I haven't, but that's rather my point. Both can't be true, so just trying to work out what the position actually is!

Hassan Aftab

Club Cricketer
I haven't, but that's rather my point. Both can't be true, so just trying to work out what the position actually is!

I went through those comments myself but couldn't really understand why people are struggling to turn the ball much while I can clearly notice the turn and bounce with most deliveries. It works just as well as swing with a pace bowler.

Do have a look at that video if you have the time to spare for it. Pretty amazing stuff, that.

phil1987

Club Captain
I went through those comments myself but couldn't really understand why people are struggling to turn the ball much while I can clearly notice the turn and bounce with most deliveries. It works just as well as swing with a pace bowler.

Do have a look at that video if you have the time to spare for it. Pretty amazing stuff, that.

This is not a very accurate or true statement at all. Maybe on the easiest level there might be a little bit more turn but once people are used to playing this game, PRO will be the minimum difficulty level it will be played on (if you are satisfied with bowling CPU out for 40 every time)

I have specifically set spin friendly conditions on 5th day wickets and bowled with the best spinners around for many overs and there really isn't anywhere near a realistic amount of spin. Watched hassans video and a lot of those balls are just drifting, not much spin after it hits the pitch.

Your review is very nicely written and you cover a lot of aspects in good detail, congrats to you but i am seeing a lot of 8.5 plus reviews everywhere for this game and a lot of these reviews were made 3-4 days ago.

I would advise anyone to just actually sit there and play the game for a fair amount of time and be very observant to all aspects of the game especially in regards to gameplay. A lot of things need fixing before this game is anywhere near an 8 or 9 out of 10

Hassan Aftab

Club Cricketer
This is not a very accurate or true statement at all. Maybe on the easiest level there might be a little bit more turn but once people are used to playing this game, PRO will be the minimum difficulty level it will be played on (if you are satisfied with bowling CPU out for 40 every time)

I have specifically set spin friendly conditions on 5th day wickets and bowled with the best spinners around for many overs and there really isn't anywhere near a realistic amount of spin. Watched hassans video and a lot of those balls are just drifting, not much spin after it hits the pitch.

Your review is very nicely written and you cover a lot of aspects in good detail, congrats to you but i am seeing a lot of 8.5 plus reviews everywhere for this game and a lot of these reviews were made 3-4 days ago.

I would advise anyone to just actually sit there and play the game for a fair amount of time and be very observant to all aspects of the game especially in regards to gameplay. A lot of things need fixing before this game is anywhere near an 8 or 9 out of 10

I have not played a single match at a difficulty level lower than Pro once I got used to the control scheme. I used to get the kind of turn hassan seems to have gotten in that video of his. Ofcourse there is no fun in getting the opposition out in a jiffy.

I understand what you are trying to suggest here and I appreciate that, but you still gotta go easy on a company that has taken the initiative to revive cricket games when others simply shut themselves in their shells. I am not so fond of scores in decimals anymore (I believe that suggests confused thought process) or I might have given it a 7.5 but considering how much has been offered in this package and the proportion of it that works is well beyond average. That extra '1' is my score of appreciation to the devs.

Agreed with you, still.

EDIT: Corrected the post on LBR, thanks to you, @phil1987 and @Offie. I had been mistaking turn for the sheer amount of drift and flight.
"That's a collapse of epic proportions." :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread