Don Bradman Cricket 2014: Official Reviews

Zapages

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi guys,

I thought it would be good idea to post the official review threads where we could discuss what the reviewers are saying about the game and compare/criticize them. :p Joking on the last part. :D

The first review is from

IVG: 9/10 IndianVideoGamer ? Review: Don Bradman Cricket 14 | IVG is your source for video game coverage with an Indian perspective

---
I do have to question, whether the online was bit shaky due to being played in India as compared to other countries where they have better internet connection and speeds.

BRAB

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think the "lag" in online is delibrate

----------

Also, might add that 9/10 is probably the highest rating we're going to see, the game review sites will compare it to GTA V and we'll see a maximum of around 7.5-8

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd be happy for anything above a seven as most don't care about cricket and won't give it enough time to get to grips with it.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i wonder what score the knuckleheads over at good game will give it

They definitely do not like sports games and in particular do not like Aussie made ones, some sort of cultural cringe.... or maybe they just don't like Big Ant :p - anyway, rubber-freakin' chickens.... who needs'em!

Solehria

School Cricketer
I'd be happy for anything above a seven as most don't care about cricket and won't give it enough time to get to grips with it.

and that is why we thank you again for making such a tremendous game for us fans!!! :clap:)

Randomsky

School Cricketer
Well unofficially the game is receiving high praise from the community of cricket fans (myself included), the so-called critics will be struggling to justify any scores of 7 or less IMO. Fantastic job Big Ant!

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Reviews would be infinitely better without the childish need for a score - it's totally arbitrary and unnecessary.

The world would be a better place for their abolishment.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

You definitely would get 7 for your efforts alone with such innovative design behind this, and with the customer oriented approach of BA & this being the first user build of your product - it should be 8 or 9 for all the reviews.

Bugs are there, but we have 100% trust in you that you care more about your baby(product) than us. So we are not worried( atleast, I am not worried ).

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Reviews would be infinitely better without the childish need for a score - it's totally arbitrary and unnecessary.

The world would be a better place for their abolishment.

Disagree Chief. Review scores are important in the sense people generally look at the scores to get an idea of how good or bad the game is. When a game such as DBC 14 is rated 9, it makes the audience sit up and take notice. Similarly with poor games such as AC13 where metacritic's score of 0.1 out of 100 accurately reflected the quality of the game.

savvart

Associate Cricketer
They definitely do not like sports games and in particular do not like Aussie made ones, some sort of cultural cringe.... or maybe they just don't like Big Ant :p - anyway, rubber-freakin' chickens.... who needs'em!

I love rubber-freakin' chickens...:clap

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)

I always ask the question "X number out of X number of WHAT?" How you can rate DBC against AC09, or IC10 or C07. They're not only years apart, two of them are half generation apart. So it's simply impossible to compare like-with-like. The only "fair" comparison would be comparing Ashes 13 with DBC14, the former scoring rabbit shit out of a possible golden donkey's ass and DBC14 getting a 100 out of a possible virgin unicorn.

sunsamrat1980

Club Captain
Disagree Chief. Review scores are important in the sense people generally look at the scores to get an idea of how good or bad the game is. When a game such as DBC 14 is rated 9, it makes the audience sit up and take notice. Similarly with poor games such as AC13 where metacritic's score of 0.1 out of 100 accurately reflected the quality of the game.

Don't you think even 0.1 is way too high for AC 13 :lol

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
...there was an error rate of + or - 0.10%

Users who are viewing this thread