NBA 2k11 "best sports game of this generation"

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Try getting Peja Stojakovich in trade as he is handy three point shooter.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
My D was ok this time because I didn't always use on ball D.
From playing primarily My Player, I find that holding the on-ball D button has more negative effects than positive. In particular, your lateral movement is significantly reduced when you are pressing that button, allowing players to easily dribble around you.

--

Haven't played MP in a while because of vacation. Hoping to pick it up again over the next few days since it is too cold to play real basketball outside.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I'm going to get this game when I buy a ps3 on Boxing day. I heard it's 3d compatible.(I have a 3d tv)

cricketking10

School Cricketer
I got drafted!

In my player, I created a 6"8 power forward. I did ok during the draft combine and got drafted by the New York Knicks! Then came the summer circuit.....

I averaged C+ on all games, although won game I got a B as I scored 24 points!
The Knicks chose to retain me and I am currently getting cameo roles off the bench. I'm not playing that much and averaging 4ppg and 2 assists pg. I usually get put in at PF but also as SG.

I'm still only rated 51, doing drills and performing in games will get me points, but it'll take a while to get my rating up right?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Yeah it takes a while to get started. Once you get better, though, you will earn a lot more skill points. I can't remember a game where I've earned less than 2000 skill points of late.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Despite being ranked 138th in the league for minutes per game, I'm top 5 for both points and rebounding. After 20 odd games, averaging 25ppg and 10rpg I'm still only the 6th man. Injuries to Okafor and Thornton haven't helped my cause though, although the coach needs to pull his head out his arse, he makes some idiotic substitutions.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Oh man, I am so pissed off right now! I'm playing for the Bulls in my first season and halfway through we came up against the Heat for the first time, and my player (PF), whose best performance was 25/20 beforehand, just got an extra bounce in his step and put up 25 points just in the first half while absolutely NO ONE was making shots. They just kept throwing the ball to me down under and I kept making good post plays on top of capitalizing on offensive rebounds.

Every time I went off the floor the team would fall behind and I'd have bring them back to take a lead. Last quarter, we're down by 2 with 90 sec to go, and Rose starts jacking up shots from the perimeter, doesn't matter how well I'm placed to score or how many times I call for the ball. We ended up losing by 9! So infuriating!!

On the plus side, I went to town on Miami with 47/24/3/3/3 and since it was a rivalry I ended up with almost 9000 SP! :thumbs And got some pretty cool screenies as I blocked both Wade and 'Bron (Bosh is out with injury).

m3581949.jpg

m3582078.jpg

P

pcfan123

Was at a friends house the other day and this was going on in the background. Without my contacts in, I thought for the first 10 minutes that it was a live game!

This is easily the best graphics I have ever seen in a sports game.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
NP, those aren't pressbook screenies, right? At least on PC, My Player games seem to have no way to grab pressbook screenies (so dumb).

When I started reading, I thought you got screwed because the game froze. There was one game I had--a rivalry game--where I destroyed an opponent but ended up losing by like 2 and the game froze during the post-game question.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Have not been playing off late. Almost lost first round series against Bobcats after going 3-1 up. We were trailing by 20 points with 5 minutes left in game 7 and then I decided enough is enough and did not gave ball to anyone for whole game. With 8 seconds left we were down by 2 and then I took inbound pass and went strong to basket for dunk and foul. Got the and one and ended game with lots of hand waiving and high fives. :D

nightprowler10

Executive member
NP, those aren't pressbook screenies, right? At least on PC, My Player games seem to have no way to grab pressbook screenies (so dumb).

When I started reading, I thought you got screwed because the game froze. There was one game I had--a rivalry game--where I destroyed an opponent but ended up losing by like 2 and the game froze during the post-game question.

Haha that sucks. No these aren't pressbook screens. These are actual replays that I paused. The game gives you the option of uploading screenshots from replays (even whole replays) to 2k website.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Hmmm..... haven't looked into replays. I see the player of the game stuff afterwards--I wish you could upload those somewhere.

On another note, I bought an Xbox 360 the other day. I've ordered a copy of NBA 2K11 used for the 360. So if any of you guys are on 360, maybe we can play a few games online.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Hmmm..... haven't looked into replays. I see the player of the game stuff afterwards--I wish you could upload those somewhere.

Yes, the POTG sequences are best I've ever seen. Would have been so cool if we could upload those. Even the full replays take ridiculously long to upload though, I don't think I've ever actually put one up yet as I get impatient and stop the upload process. And I'm on broadband.

Users who are viewing this thread