NBA 2k11 "best sports game of this generation"

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Saved my game in third quater of Lakers vs Dallas playoff match and now the game will not load. It crashes back to desktop. No patch from 2k sports as well and now I am playing the My Player all over again.
Don't worry, you had no chance against Dallas ;)

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Just got the game. So what does the 55mb 1.10 update consist of? Did something need patched?

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Very frustrating for a starter, I'm finding it hard to score and even harder to make the easiest of passes, especially coming straight from 2k10. Any tips?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Don't worry, you had no chance against Dallas ;)

I had lost very few games till then against good teams and was leading in that game as well. The game was saved at start of third interval.

My SF player though is more deadly player. I am already a starter after just 3 games in season and grab double double every game. Increased Dunk to 80 with all skill points at early stage and have been pounding teams if they put small players (PG or SG) to guard me.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Just got the game. So what does the 55mb 1.10 update consist of? Did something need patched?
I think it was mainly to fix an online issue.

sohum added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Very frustrating for a starter, I'm finding it hard to score and even harder to make the easiest of passes, especially coming straight from 2k10. Any tips?
There are a bunch of tips scattered throughout this thread. I know I've got a couple of long posts so you can just search for my posts in this thread.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
After going 5-21 Wizards have started winning and we now have 7 games winning streak. Gilbert Arenas was traded to Houston for Brad Miller and Kevin Martin and when they came in side the team chemistry was at 4%. Add to it Andre Blatch got injured.

Took 3-4 games to find groove with new guys and also since my inside game improved (rebounding and post moves), we are now formidable unit. The one issue I had with Lakers was team mates taking crap shots and missing them in closing minutes. This team though has good shooters who can make mid range shots easily to not allow any pressure in closing minutes.

I don't want to request trade now as team is actually looking up to me for clutch plays.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Just finished the summer circuit with a 40 point 16 rebound game (12 offensive ;)). The game before I had a triple double so hopefully I can perform just as well in the NBA. I'm a PF at Portland. 10 min quarters.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Don't know wht but Miller has been unhappy with Houston in NBA 2k11 and is always traded. Happened in my SG my player game as well.

Now I am the floor general of of the team.

I have question, should I increase speed or quickness to become more fast. I dont like to press speed button.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
I think I need to increase my speed or quickness too. So often my big dopey 6'10 PF pump fakes for a clear path only to have his man catch him again!

After a poor first 4 games for the Trail Blazers averaging a mere 8 ppg and 5 rpg I've finally had a good 30pt game and got my first Player of the game. I'm loving My Player mode! So much better than 2k10's even though at times it seems like you're team mates are doing everything they can to ensure you have a bad game :p

I might ask for a trade soon, they don't play Pat Mills enough and Miller doesn't feed me the ball as much as Mills does.

cricketking10

School Cricketer
Would any of you recommend this game to a casual NBA fan? I'm not sure whether I want to get this or Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit.

I tend to think if you really need to immerse yourself in basketball fully, and love the sport, that NBA 2k11 isn't really for a casual fan?

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
I've noticed that too with Miller as my team traded for him aswell. Still loosing far too many despite good performances by myself. Current Starting Line up is me at SG, Steve Nash PG, C Brad Miller, Forwards Josh Childress and Taj Gibson. Got Rookie Of The Month for January which I'm happy with hopefully keep it going and kick Wall off top spot.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Team mates pass the ball if you have good chemistry. I have seen that if you are averaging 4-5 assist per game then you get the ball back as well.

If my team is shooting poorly then I just stay back near half court and PG will always pass ball to you. :p

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
Is it just me or is it hard getting good assist numbers. At best I get 5 in a game but my average is only 1.6 APG. Some games I get like 3 or 4 in the 1st quarter and thats all. My Team mates just dont move into good space often enough for the set up.......or maybe I just hog the ball too often :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread