NBA 2k11 "best sports game of this generation"

I made starting line up of Lakers way back with me playing at SG and Kobe at PG. Lakers traded Fisher finally but this means another idiot is now at PG position and he cannot even hit from inside or below rim. Does not even passes ball to me :mad:

Now though I am consistently scoring 30+ games and will replace J Wall as top rookie in 3-4 games. I love Pau Gasol, he allows me to have lot of assists. Though I would love to have Duncan in my side as he rarely misses from close range or post.

Do any of you know how to make trades in Association mode?

I've used trade finder, that allows you to select a player and it generates possible trades. Is there any way that you can offer a trade without using this?

Got my second endorsement a few days ago. Cover of Sports Illustrated magazine.

Had a good game against the Blazers last time around. I had 39 points and 17 assists. Hoping to get my assist numbers up to around 7-8 a game eventually. Right now its at 5.1. Turnover numbers have also been increasing, unfortunately. They're at around 3.5 now.

Jazz have now moved up to 4th in the West behind Lakers, Spurs and Rockets.

Was named Rookie of Month and Player of Week in last week of December. But the team is in very bad shooting slump. Just about managing to win games now. Steve Blake is worst PG in this game.

I keep trying with "My Player", but i am so bad at it it's unreal. I can't get to grips with the shot stick (on Ps3), which means i always get a low team-mate rating as i don't score many points. I managed to get drafted by the Lakers in the 2nd round, and i'm currently playing the Summer Circuit, but i'm much better at Association mode so i play that more.

I'm currently at the Magic (No Fantasy Draft), doing Ok, current record is 7-3, i think i'm 3rd in my conference.

Rookie has low skill points so scoring and getting rebounds, assists etc. is difficult. Use drills to increase your players skill points and earn some cheap points as well. Also to get good team rating its better to be a good defensive player and get lot of assists with few turnovers.

I keep trying with "My Player", but i am so bad at it it's unreal. I can't get to grips with the shot stick (on Ps3), which means i always get a low team-mate rating as i don't score many points. I managed to get drafted by the Lakers in the 2nd round, and i'm currently playing the Summer Circuit, but i'm much better at Association mode so i play that more.
My Player is always rough to start up with. And if you don't improve quickly, your player may quickly be relegated to the D-League. On NBA 2K10 I re-started my player career about 2-3 times before finally getting a hang of the system.

If you can't get in terms with the shot stick, try the shot button (I think it's square on PS3). I personally still use the shot button for all shooting except for dunks, where I use the stick (since you can point it in different directions for different dunks). What player type are you?

Also, here are some easy ways to get cheap teammate grade boosts:

1. Set a lot of screens. Setting a screen on the ball is good but setting an off-the-ball screen has a lot of value. If you set about 10-15 screens a game, your grade will probably jump a whole letter (C+ to B+, etc.).
2. Pass around the perimeter. As long as you are passing around the perimeter, you can accumulate a few "good pass" points.
3. On defense, call for double teams by pressing and holding L1. If you have a successful double team then you get points. I usually do this in the low post, since I'm a PG and a bad post defender.
4. Take a shot when you are wide open. Even if you don't knock it down, you will get teammate points for "Good Shot Selection".
5. If you want cheap easy points, when you're on defense, start running back for the fast break as soon as the opponents shoot a mid to long range shot (pretty much any jumpshot). The CPU is very good about finding an outlet pass and these are pretty much uncontested baskets (layups) that will give you "Good shot selection", "Fastbreak" and "Dunk" if you end up dunking it. Once you get better, you should stop abusing it because you can end up scoring like 70 points a game. :D

Anyways, lemme know if these tips help you. What player type are you? I'm a PG and generally speaking for PGs/SGs you should be looking to improve your shooting skills first ("shoot in traffic", "shoot off dribble", "mid-range shot", etc.). These are typically cheap.... 3-point shooting is expensive and you should try and get these through the player drills.

Good luck!

I'm currently an SF, but after these helpful posts i might start again. Thanks guys.

SF is hard position to get in NBA. Switch to PG or SG and keep height low for more points.

Not sure about 2K11, but I felt in 2K10 power forward was the easiest position to play. But that has a lot to do with the fact that I love posting up on people.

I'm now in the MVP shortlist for 2K11. Have managed quite a few double doubles over the last few games but I'm still turning it over about 3-4 times a game due to stupid teammates moving after I have started a pass to them.

I am at 5 turn over per game. :lol

Also Lakers have traded all good bench players because I am scoring so heavily for them and now stupid Blake is playing last minutes always and start firing 3 pointers for no reason.

Even more disappointing is that even if I have 20 point lead the players that come in start taking wild shots. Have lost quite few games against good running teams like Thunder, Mavs due to this. :mad

Have received letter from Jordan Brand but missed out All Star games due to injury.

Finally manage to win 42 games to feel safe for playoff birth. I have been spending all my skill points for 3 pointers now and will then go for dunk. 3 pointer skill is now at 73.

I also seem to get injured after 7-8 games so will have to look at increasing skill there as well.

Hmm... my 3 point skill is at 78. I added a few and then just do the shooting drill and only take shots from 3-point range. My dunk is at 49 which is good enough for a PG but I still have a few missed dunks now and then.

Got blown out by the GSW last night. I think I had like 5 shots blocked and the rest of my team couldn't buy a bucket. Finished off with around 45 points and 10 assists but also 5 TOs. Lost the game by about 15 points... 120-105.

Play against the Bobcats next and then a rivalry match against the Rockets, who beat us last time.

Users who are viewing this thread