Need Help in starting a game on win2k

heems

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi Guyz,

does this game wrk on windows 2000 server ? I m able to install on it but when I start the game , only the start screen comes & then exits. If I install windows 2000 professional then it works. is there any issues or patches for running this game on windows 2000 server ?

Thnx

Heems

heems

School Cricketer
hey guys, no one seem to be knowing this ???

R

Rangeela

HI Heems,

Well I personally tried installing the game in windows 2000 server a quite some time back and some expert advised me that the game itself is not compatible with the win2k server.
thx

smqadeer

School Cricketer
Hi friends

I think he is not an EXPERT who is saying that C2002 is not compatible with Win2k Server. I am running C2002 on "Win2k Professional" as well as "Win2k Advance Server" without any extra patch or something, and game is running quite fine without any problem.

So, I can assure u that C2002 is very much compatible and tested on Win2k family and Win98.

heems

School Cricketer
Wel, if so then what cud be the reson for the game not working on WIN2K server at my end. I have two DELL Prescision system of same configuration. On one system there is WIN2K professional & on other it has WIN2K server. The game works very well on professional where as on server it starts & as soon as first screen of EA Sports comes it aborts.
There cant be any issue of DirectX compatibility etc... since the game wrks very well on same cards / drivers on professional.

Heems

R

radaga

why dont you just play it on the one that has professional installed?
if it is working on one of them then why do you need it on the other?

R

Rangeela

Yeah I also have tried game on win 2k professional and it works fine but not with win 2k server... and thats what I was told by one of the expert long time back but I will check into it and ask around to see if its possible
thx

Users who are viewing this thread