Netherlands Women in Ireland

Any idea where to get score updates on this eagerly anticipated tour? Can't seem to find them on Cricinfo...

barmyarmy said:
Any idea where to get score updates on this eagerly anticipated tour? Can't seem to find them on Cricinfo...
That's probably because cricinfo couldn't give a toss about non-test cricket (although this is actually a series between two test playing nations). They never provide live scores for it.

nightprowler10 said:
EDIT: I am having a hard time finding out if they still have the test status. Maybe Andrew can help here.
They are. Last month, the ICC announced that the 8 teams who play in the World Cup, plus the next two best from the qualifying tournament will have test status.

So in order of ranking, the test nations are:

1. Australia
2. India
3. New Zealand
4. England
5. West Indies
6. Sri Lanka
7. South Africa
8. Ireland
9. Netherlands
10. Pakistan

Out of those, Ireland haven't played a test since 2000, Sri Lanka since 1998 and the Netherlands have never played a test, they only got test status last month.

andrew_nixon said:
They are. Last month, the ICC announced that the 8 teams who play in the World Cup, plus the next two best from the qualifying tournament will have test status.

So in order of ranking, the test nations are:

1. Australia
2. India
3. New Zealand
4. England
5. West Indies
6. Sri Lanka
7. South Africa
8. Ireland
9. Netherlands
10. Pakistan

Out of those, Ireland haven't played a test since 2000, Sri Lanka since 1998 and the Netherlands have never played a test, they only got test status last month.
Thanks for that. I think its ridiculous that these teams haven't played a test in such a long time. Then again, I don't know the details, maybe it just isn't feasible financially.

Users who are viewing this thread