New Zealand In Australia

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Excellent spell of bowling by the quicks, Hogg being whacked by Gillespie wouldn't do his test chances much good. Johnson is going to find it hard getting back into this lineup.

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Fulton definitely should be in the side for the Blackcaps. How was struggling against us but I think he should be given a lifeline after a good series in SA.

I agree. How had a few good performances in SA and a few bad ones (luckily 1 failure doesn't count) in Aussie. He should be kept. Vincent needs to re-prove himself in domestic. He's been bad ever since he got injured from the World Cup. Sinclair is more a test player, but he looked really good until he got out. I'd let him play Domestic until the tests. Get rid of Hopkins, he's hopeless.

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
I reckon New Zealand need a tad more experience in there batting. Fleming is gone and vettori is primarily a bowler though. Because they struggled batting against us.

irottev

School Cricketer
It'll take time to replace the likes of Fleming, Astle, Macca. Fulton, How and Taylor are doing well, and in time will become more consistent and experienced.

Next year we should be in a better position. Our batting defiantly let us down.

Aussies deserved it indeed.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Yep, the batting was to inexperienced but I dont think the selectors got the line-ups right for the Kiwis.

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
Yeah i agree Matt, I dont know why they keeped How (i think it was) he was terrible with the bat in the 20/20 and in the first ODI. I wouldn't of stuck with him for the washed out SCG match.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah i agree Matt, I dont know why they keeped How (i think it was) he was terrible with the bat in the 20/20 and in the first ODI. I wouldn't of stuck with him for the washed out SCG match.

Nah mate, you couldn't drop How.. He was coming off a good series against SA with a 70 odd and now a Hundred against Bangla. Its Vincent they needed to drop.

Users who are viewing this thread