England in Australia

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
evertonfan said:
Have a bit more faith in your team man! It's a Twenty20, something which more than half of our players haven't done at International level. Besides, your judging a Twenty20 performance against the best team in the world as a pre-determined marker for how we'll do for the rest of the series? It might not seem it, but we deserve far more credit than that.

:eek: :working :eek: :working :eek: :working

After scrolling through both the old and new testament, it seems this is indeed the first positive post Matt has made :eek:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Hey, it had to come some time. ;)

I'm the first to admit that I can be infuriated by England but that's strictly Tests only. I'm used to mediocre ODI performances so much so that I don't know whether my optimisim is sarcastic or not. When your brother's fiance? leaves him and you see the wreck he's in I guess you just get some perspective on life. I mean what's the point in letting cricket be a problem when there's far worse things in life? And besides, i've already vented out all the frustation I had on Everton's pathetic performance on Sunday.

Anyway, to get away from the soppiness for a moment, England will surprise us in this series. We are too proud a nation to lose evety single match of a tour. Damn I want the pessimistic me to return, I liked him better.

Chimp132

International Cricketer
if kevin pietersen gets going, we mite beat the aussies, or even michael vaughan mite get a 100, never know, england could bounce back like they did in the odi series against pakistan

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Chimp132 said:
if kevin pietersen gets going, we mite beat the aussies, or even michael vaughan mite get a 100, never know, england could bounce back like they did in the odi series against pakistan

It's a team game mate :) If your bowlers don't back you up it doesn't matter how much KP or Vaughan get, see Australia's 400+ total and still losing.

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
i think england should call up batty now
hes still only 32 i think
and is an established opener
then strauss could be pushed to middle order

nixon is too old,

while read and jones cant bat at all

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Nixon too old? I don't really care if our second top scorer of the innings is too old. He's very much a horses-for-courses selection anyway and will not be in England's future plans.

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
like i said
having batty open will open up a space in the middle order
maybe owais shah
many ex-cricket players think of him as the best english odi batsman after kevin pieterson or maybe as good as him

at the moment englands middle order is too brittle

it would be interesting to see england face bangladesh tomorow

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I take you didn't read what Andrew said in another thread?
andrew_nixon said:
Well I usually leave them for a while, but in future, please be aware that if we need your advice on moderating, we'll ask you for it.

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
aussie1st said:
I take you didn't read what Andrew said in another thread?
my bad

it just gets confusing when there are 2 threads for the same tour

dunno which one to post in as technically england are still in australia

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
gambino said:
my bad

it just gets confusing when there are 2 threads for the same tour

dunno which one to post in as technically england are still in australia

Just have a look at the first post, it has the schedule.

kodos

International Coach
nightprowler10 said:

Think he is referring to games in Australia. Out of 10+ matches no team batting second have won.

Plus as I said earlier, team's winning second often have an outside chance of winning the match. The idea of having 10 overs for each innings seems much more fairer to the team batting second.

evertonfan said:
Nixon too old? I don't really care if our second top scorer of the innings is too old. He's very much a horses-for-courses selection anyway and will not be in England's future plans.
Agreed Nixon wasn't too bad last night, took a good stumping off Monty when the ball bounced and turned and chipped in with some good runs. I guess the only area he needs to improve is his shot selection, played and missed far too many reverse sweeps although I don't expect him to do that too often in the ODI games.

valvolux

Club Cricketer
Yeah way too much reverse sweeping...ugliest shot in cricket. I highly doubt this 20/20 stuff can survive at international level. it's all about having powerful sloggers in your side...Australia is lucky in that the majority of their lineup can hit big sixes. It's handy that they are all mainly first choice ODI players as well. England's ODI team consists of only a few players who can hit big sixes....they are mainly a team of nudgers (maybe that's their problem?)... that doesn't necesarily make them a poor ODI team, but it makes them a useless 20/20 team. So what are international teams going to do on tours? Bring a test team, ODI team and 20/20 team? Talk about overkill.

The game was over 2 overs into England's innings...it was painful to watch. I can only recall them hitting one six late in the game...the likes of ian bell didn't even attempt an aggressive stroke - what is up with that? It just seems to me that it's going to become a very predictable game. Didn't they say that every single domestic 20/20 match in Australia has been won by the team batting first? Sure it's early days, but I think the warning signs are there that this stuff is a joke. Ponting is right when he says that this stuff will become old very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread