30th November: 1st ODI at Khulna
3rd December: 2nd ODI at Bogra
5th December: 3rd ODI at Bogra
8th December: 4th ODI at Fatullah
9th December: 5th ODI at Fatullah

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I really wish Sky would broadcast this. I see very little of these two teams and although they are both minnows, it's normally a good contest when the two of them play each other.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Bangla will be out for revenge. I'm labelling them strong favourites, although Zimbabwe may win atleast 1. The Twenty20 can go either way, But Bangla are again favs, with Aftab, Ashraf, Nafees, Mortaza, Razzaq and Rafique in their side. But if Taylor, Chigumbura and Masakadza fire, and if Utseya and Eddy keep it nice and tight, they could pull a suprise there...

Iron-Haggis

Club Cricketer
I reckon Bangladesh will win it 3-2, although if Zimbabwe played like they did in the Champions Trophy qualifiers then they won't win a game. Chibhaba is also an important member of the Zimbabwe batting line up, he can score a few runs for them. This series will also give Nafees a chance to score some runs, seems like a player with some potential.

cricketmad09

International Coach
4-1 to the Bangers. They are improving all the time. Have some good young players in Nafees, Ahmed, Razzak, Ashraful, Mortaza and Hasan, with the help of good experienced players such as Rafique and Bashar, who has improved alot.

Saleh should never play ODI cricket though. Makes Katich look like Afridi wot his strike rate.

But I really hope Bangladesh smash Mugabes XI.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Should be a real good series, both teams are closely matched. 3-2 for Bangladesh for me, Zimbabwe have enough talent to match Bangladesh.

Iron-Haggis

Club Cricketer
Ashraful is overrated. He has played what 3 good innings in his entire career? He gets all this praise because he did well 3 times, meanwhile guys like Javed Omar work their arses off to show some consistency and get no credit.

cricketmad09

International Coach
Iron-Haggis said:
Ashraful is overrated. He has played what 3 good innings in his entire career? He gets all this praise because he did well 3 times, meanwhile guys like Javed Omar work their arses off to show some consistency and get no credit.
The bloke has definately good talent though, he just has to work on turned that potential into runs.

Javed Omar is a useless OD player. He so slow he makes turtles jealous.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Iron-Haggis said:

Agreed hes overrated but he does have the talent he just never shows it on the cricket field.

Iron-Haggis

Club Cricketer
Doesn't matter how talented you are if you don't perform. Javed Omar scores more runs than a lot of his teammates. Plus a team like Bangladesh need someone to hang around and try and see them through the 50 overs. The one thing Ashraful does have is that he is only 22 and has plenty of time to prove himself.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Javed Omar has all the shots in the book. infact, he could bat like Haydo and kill attacks if he wanted to (Albeit a bit slower and less runs, but the technique is the same). But he has to slow down for the team. No one tells him too, he has the experience and common sense to do it for the team. A steady 30 off 50 from him is better for the team than a 30 off 20. Dropping him was a mistake, but maybe cause it's time to blood in some youths like Nazmus Sadat and Nafees.
Ashraful...probably the most talented youngster in the whole of Asia, but also the most inconsistent. He still has a big future, I see him captaining Bangla by the time he is 28...

LA ICE-E

Club Cricketer
ZoraxDoom said:
Javed Omar has all the shots in the book. infact, he could bat like Haydo and kill attacks if he wanted to (Albeit a bit slower and less runs, but the technique is the same). But he has to slow down for the team. No one tells him too, he has the experience and common sense to do it for the team. A steady 30 off 50 from him is better for the team than a 30 off 20. Dropping him was a mistake, but maybe cause it's time to blood in some youths like Nazmus Sadat and Nafees.
Ashraful...probably the most talented youngster in the whole of Asia, but also the most inconsistent. He still has a big future, I see him captaining Bangla by the time he is 28...
it might happen but most likely not going to...look at Mehrab Hossain he was the 1st bangladeshi to score a century and talk of the town was he was the best bengla batsmen and all that hype but he didnt play much after that because he got dropped just like ashraful and saleh got droped now both having scored a century...the selectors wants to give em a chance but they just aint performing but they should surely should've been in the 20/20 as they are exciteing players to watch... i can see Shahriar Nafees as captain in the future- nominated for emering play of the year with 2 odi & 1 test centurries

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I haven't been following Bangla cricket recently but I think Aftab Ahmed's one of their key players. I think as he matures he will stop throwing his wicket away trying to get a 4 every ball, but he is an exciting prospect and throws caution to the winds.

If Bangla keep it together, I think they should wrap this up 4-1.

Users who are viewing this thread