3rd - 5th May: 3 day game against British Universities at Fenner's
7th - 10thMay: 4 day game against Worcestershire at New Road
13th- 16th May: 4 day game against Kent at Canterbury
20th - 24th May: 1st Test at Lord's
28th - 31st May: 4 day game against Leicestershire at Grace Road
3rd - 7th June: 2nd Test at Headingley
10th -14th June: 3rd Test at Trent Bridge

16th June: 1 day game against Derbyshire at Derby
18th June: 1 day game against Essex at Chelmsford (Day/Night)
20th June: 1 day game against Northamptonshire at Northampton

Rangeela

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
New Zealand Test Squad

*Stephen Fleming
Nathan Astle
Shane Bond
Chris Cairns
Chris Martin
Kyle Mills
+Brendon McCullum
Craig McMillan
Jacob Oram
Michael Papps
Mark Richardson
Scott Styris
Daryl Tuffey
Daniel Vettori

italiansammy

School Cricketer
Yes, I agree... But I think New Zealand will win with relative comfort.... Slowly yet surely, they are emerging as a really good tem. Over the past months, theyve played good cricket.

madmattg

International Cricketer
Only problem is their so erratic. Play awsome one day so crap the next.

If they had constistancy now that would make them a class side.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Its going to be really exciting.

I am going for 2-0 for England in the tests and England to beat the Kiwiz in the Natwest Series final.
England to beat the Windies 3-0 in the test matches.
England to beat India 2-1 in the Natwest Challenge.

Thats a lot to expect....but hey you never know....we've got have all our players injury free for the entire period.

NEW ZEALAND
Stephen Fleming
_40050505_fleming203.jpg

DOB: 1.4.1973, Christchurch
Test debut: v India, Hamilton 1994
ODI debut:v India, Napier 1994

madmattg

International Cricketer
Originally posted by m_vaughan
Its going to be really exciting.

I am going for 2-0 for England in the tests and England to beat the Kiwiz in the Natwest Series final.
England to beat the Windies 3-0 in the test matches.
England to beat India 2-1 in the Natwest Challenge.

Thats a lot to expect....but hey you never know....we've got have all our players injury free for the entire period.

Thats high hopes. I think the Kiwis will suprise you at least once. Windies yeah I agree. India well that could also happen.

Well your prediction isnt that far of the mark. It would be good to see.

italiansammy

School Cricketer
New Zealand will surely be boosted by Bond's return. It will be good to see what Bond does on his return.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
i hope we beat new zealand but i reckon its will be very close they have some great players. I just hope we can hammer india :)

italiansammy

School Cricketer
I think it will be hard for England to beat India... Indian players are in great form and many of their batsmen are in their prime.

madmattg

International Cricketer
Its a hard call, I just hope for some good close games.

Dont want anyone to stroll through.

Rangeela

International Coach
Stephen Fleming, New Zealand's captain, is a doubt for next week's opening Test against England at Lord's with a sore groin.

The injury, which he has had since last November, caused him to miss the tour of Pakistan last year, and has flared up again this week. He will definitely miss New Zealand's final warm-up game against Kent, starting tomorrow.

Fleming had a cortisone injection before the long flight to England, and although that appeared to have eased the problem, he is still suffering serious discomfort when running, and he had to sit out the final day against Worcestershire last week. When asked whether he would be fit for the opening Test, he replied, "I don't know, it's touch and go."

John Bracewell, the coach, was still optimistic that Fleming, who led New Zealand to a series victory in England in 1999, would make it. "I'm fairly concerned, we're not risking him in this match to give him every chance of playing in the Test," Bracewell said. "He finds it difficult to run, so we're going to take him out of running, give him a good course of treatment. He'll have high intensity net sessions so he's getting the batting that is required to keep him sharp enough."

If Fleming does miss out, Chris Cairns is the favourite to take over, and he will be in charge against Kent tomorrow. Jacob Oram will be rested after his century against Worcestershire, while Kyle Mills will sit the game out with a bad back.

The four-day match at Canterbury will give Bracewell another chance to look at Shane Bond, who made a mixed comeback against Worcestershire. "He's ahead of where we all thought he would be," Bracewell said. "But we've got to keep level-headed on that. While it's tempting short-term, we have to make sure the long-term plan is the key."

? Wisden Cricinfo Ltd

Rangeela

International Coach
probable squad for 1st Test

England (probable) 1 Marcus Trescothick (capt), 2 Mark Butcher, 3 Nasser Hussain, 4 Graham Thorpe, 5 Paul Collingwood, 6 Andrew Flintoff, 7 Geraint Jones (wk), 8 Ashley Giles, 9 Steve Harmison, 10 Matthew Hoggard, 11 Simon Jones.

New Zealand 1 Mark Richardson, 2 Stephen Fleming (capt), 3 Nathan Astle, 4 Craig McMillan, 5 Scott Styris, 6 Jacob Oram, 7 Chris Cairns, 8 Brendon McCullum (wk), 9 Daniel Vettori, 10 Daryl Tuffey, 11 Chris Martin.

Users who are viewing this thread