New Zealand

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's a bit harsh to say Tuffey's failed:

77 wickets in 26 tests at 32, E/R 3.0
110 wickets in 96 ODIs at 32, E/R 4.9

I've seen much worse.

He's got a better test record than Zaheer (better average and E/R), I know the conditions they've mostly played in are different though.

ferg512

International Coach
I'm talking about since he came back, he has been pretty woeful. Most of his wickets earlier in his career were when we still produced greentops. Although he was a pretty good bowler then.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, he's definitely dropped off over the last few years.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Yeah sorry, I'm just extremely frustrated how he makes all the teams because he supposedly bowls 150 ks. Give Bates a chance, yeah he might not do great but at least give him a go so we can see.

The World Cup isn't really the place to give players a go.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tuffey hasn't done at all well recently. McKay has got a pretty decent ODI record, but he's kinda like Johnson in that he gets a lot of wickets of poor deliveries

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, we have to name the squad in the next few days though.

He should have really played in the Pakistan T20s...

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Some good news for New Zealand:

Donald (South Africa) is going to be bowling coach for New Zealand during the ODI's and the World Cup. It was announced during the 2nd Test of New Zealand vs Pakistan.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yeah Donald should have a lot to contribute to the Kiwi quicks. He was one helluva bowler.

Chewie

BCCI President
Squads just been named. Usual 11 players with the extras being how, Bennett, Williamson and woodcock. I find how's selection the most interesting with him also playing as the reserve keeper :/

ferg512

International Coach
Worst possible squad they could have chosen really. I mean the first 11 players were a lock in, and Bennett but the other three is pretty shocking.

----------

Ok no I wont be that harsh at least McKay and Tuffey didn't get selected.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Here is the New Zealand Squad:

Squad: Daniel Vettori, Hamish Bennett, James Franklin, Martin Guptill, Jamie How, Brendon McCullum, Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills, Jacob Oram, Jesse Ryder, Tim Southee, Scott Styris, Ross Taylor, Kane Williamson, Luke Woodcock.

Does someone else find it wrong that Luke Woodcock is included? If they wanted an allrounder, Kieran Noema-Barnett should have included.

Luke Woodcock in New Zealand World Cup squad
ESPNcricinfo staff
January 19, 2011
World Cup 2011: Luke Woodcock in New Zealand World Cup squad | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

Chewie

BCCI President
I don't mind Williamson, woodcock and Bennett. Theres not really anyone else they could pick. Don't like how being there though.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I'm very surprised as well, I think most of my questions are over a bench of How, Williamson, Woodcock and Bennett.

Bennett's fine as pace bowling cover, I don't mind that.
I had a feeling they'd take Williamson, as I said on the first post.

I didn't see either of How or Woodcock making it though, especially Woodcock, in which I said he had "No chance" on the first post.

You'd think Williamson would be the batting cover, so surely you look to take another proper keeper, and not How. He failed against a very weak Indian attack in our series over there, and to say he's there as keeping cover is a joke.

McGlashan actually has a better List A batting average of How...

Chewie

BCCI President
Zorax you obviously don't know NZ domestic cricket if you think Noema barnett should be chosen. He's a t20 hack who hardly bowls any more.

Users who are viewing this thread