Next great fast bowler?

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mohammad Aamer for sure. Wayne Parnell can also make a big impact (he has already made it but is too expensive)

alex h

School Cricketer
i am from new zealand and southee with training could be a good odi and t20 bowler but not a test bowler IMO

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Muhammad Aamer is the bowler to look out for in the future. He is the true heir to vacant thrown of "The Best Left Arm Fast Bowler". If he is looked after and managed well by PCB, he will be very successful.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Tsotsobe, he doesn't bowl quick which gives you the impression that he's just a swing bowler but he also gets good bounce and has good accuracy. I don't really understand why Parnell's getting more opportunities than him in tests unless he's playing as an all rounder.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Tsotsobe, he doesn't bowl quick which gives you the impression that he's just a swing bowler but he also gets good bounce and has good accuracy. I don't really understand why Parnell's getting more opportunities than him in tests unless he's playing as an all rounder.
Played as an allrounder at U-19 level. Nearly won a game for them against India with the bat.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Yeah but he's playing tests for SA as a bowler and batting lower down the order and quite clearly guys like Tsotsobe, Juan Theron, who are also young and are much better bowlers than Parnell in FC cricket aren't getting as many opportunities to prove themselves and most importantly Parnell isn't that quick either, he's not even touching the 140 mark.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Theron isn't all that quick either though, just medium paceish, straight, some swing.

Tsotsobe was good, but I remember when seeing him in ODIs the commentators were talking about how he was so frail and might not have the fitness to last through Test Cricket. I dunnow, maybe they have a point? Having said that, he wasn't too quick either, but nice height and swing.

Parnell can touch 140s, but I think what's giving him the edge is his batting, fielding, and possibly fitness.

stefan

International Coach
Yeah but he's playing tests for SA as a bowler and batting lower down the order and quite clearly guys like Tsotsobe, Juan Theron, who are also young and are much better bowlers than Parnell in FC cricket aren't getting as many opportunities to prove themselves and most importantly Parnell isn't that quick either, he's not even touching the 140 mark.

Tsotsobe struggles to reach 130 kph at times. He has huge issues in games when he doesn't get to take the new ball. He is not going to get the new ball in the SA team with steyn and morkel around. He loses a lot of pace when it comes to his third and fourth spells.

Kepler Wessels the new SA batting consultant has made the point about him on numerious occasion on various domestic games where he commentated that he doesn't have the physical condition to play test cricket at the moment.

Also parnell is younger, has more room for improvement. He is a much better bowler with the old ball. He also adds depth to the batting and is seen as the guy who can do the pollock job for the side at number 8.

I like theron but his lack of pace will cause him issues at test level. Should be in the odi and 20/20 teams though.

hacker

Club Cricketer
Lasith Malinga, Mitchell Johnson and stuart broad can be great fast bowlers

Users who are viewing this thread