No Ball Patch - Why is nobody talking about it anymore?

A

Atul

Hey guys, how's it that all of you have forgot Sangam's no ball patch. The patch Sangam uploaded (modified settings.blc) didn't work.But then I remembered that some guy has said that the no ball patch was working when used in tandem with the so called ball.mb file. OK Sangam says he lost that file and Codemasters won't release it. But then I searched the forums and found the following post:

"gavaskar
Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 26 2001,13:12
Guys no-ball patch is working...
Sangam send me another file named ball.mb... whatever
So it works so if you want it ask sangam"

So whoever this person Gavaskar is, he may be having the ball.mb file. But the problem is, he has chosen not to reveal his e-mail ID.Also looks like he's not a regular here. Will he please come out and respond to this post and mail the ball.mb file to BLC Online Admins so that it can be tried by others?

A

Anonymous

hi atul

no,the no-ball patch is dead fake.but i knew some people in this forum will get exited about this.the basic is
if you want to implement the no-ball thing it should be done
in the game engine,no by adding some file to that.

bye

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
How can you ever make such a patch without changing the exe. Actually you have to give the coordinates for the function that the foot is going over the line and this can happen only in the exe.

I think we can edit a config file for the height no ball,, But that is only a possibility.

U

UnderTaker

altering the height may not help. its easy to make the ball bounce more over your head. but that doesnt helps us. 'coz the umpires wont call them no-balls.
need tweaks in the .exe

UnderTaker

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
If the wides can be altered using the config files then why can't the height no ball be edited from the config files. But we need to have a motion capture file which shows the umpire lift his hand up.

J

jonah

The umpire raises his hand when there are byes, so that capture is already in the game.

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
I am continuing the search for the config for a no-ball. I think it will be associated with the wide config somewhere. Can you tell me the file name of the capture file you are talking about...

J

jonah

If you are after the umpire raising his hand capture, try doing a search for umpire captures on the forum. I think Paul Smith listed all the different captures a while ago.

A

Atul

Is it impossible that no ball is based not only on the .exe file but some other file as well?
Suppose there is already a reference to no ball in the .exe, but to judge the no balls, the .exe tries to read the settings from an external file, which maybe ball.mb in this case. And if the file is missing the .exe simply ignores the no ball reference.
Sangam said the no ball patch makes the game unstable and prone to crash, so maybe Codemasters left out the file from the game.

PS: I was talking about the height no ball only and not the overstepping.

"If the wides can be altered using the config files..."-Saptarshi
Which is the config file modified for wides?

A

Anonymous

hey atul
again,if the no-ball function is implemated in EXEs,then if the file is deleted,the game will crash.

another thing is ,is no-ball is the onli function?no ,there are wides,4s,6s etc.then y will the codemasters have a separate file for no-ball.in the game files list there are no files for each and every function(like .mb file) i know this is fake news.

bye

Users who are viewing this thread