No Plan to retire now - Sachin Tendulkar

Amar791849

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Indian Maestro, Sachin Tendulkar said he has no retirement plan as of now and recollects his father's death as the most toughest phase of his career.

"I havent thought of any retirement plan. I will tell you when I decide" , said Tendulkar.

"The most difficult phase of my life was when my father (Ramesh Tendulkar) passed away during the 1999 World Cup. I had to return from England but my family members told me that my father would have wanted him to go back and hence I did"

On his childhood dream to play for India , he said " The passion and love for the game was there from the school days. My ultimate dream was playing for India . Cricket has been the centrestage of my life"

On his first coach Ramakant Achrekar and his coaching with a coin on stump he said

"He used to place a coin on the stump and the challenge was to survive the whole day with 40-50 fielders around you. If someone catches the ball , I was out . Hence I had to play carefully "

"I was tired but now when I look back , I realise those things have made me what I am now"

Tendulkar was disappointed with the recent controversies of match fixing as it may leave a wrong impression on Cricket.

"It doesn't give a good impression. It is something one would like to forget and ensure Cricket heads in the right direction"

Tendulkar will be leading the Mumbai Indians in Champions League T20 starting September 10 in South Africa.

Source:No plan to retire now - Sachin Tendulkar - Criclounge.com

:banana2 This is a Great news! :happy

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Its important to realize when its time to hang the boots. Its bit of a problem with South Asian players. I hope Sachin ends it in time and professionally.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Well he's playing well right now. Amazing considering players around his age start to fade. Look at Ponting. His batting has been on the wane and his form has slipped but Tendulkar just seems to be on a whole different level. He's still scoring runs and racking up the centuries.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
What is point of this thread? He is in form of his life and who ever asks this question of him retiring is biggest idiot.

P

pcfan123

He should retire from limited overs after Wc2011 and then play out his careers in Tests

subversive

Club Cricketer
I'm sure he'll be retiring from ODIs after the WC. Or why else would he continually ask to be rested from ODIs ever since he scored that 200 back in February?

I don't see him retiring from Tests though.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
i expect him to stop limited overs cricket after the world cup.

of course there's no need for him to think about retiring from tests though. last 12 months, averaging over 80, 6 tons, if he retired now it would make the rest of worlds batsmen look bad.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I am guessing Sachin will have his swansong at ODI's with the World Cup. Even if we dont win the WC, it should be his swansong because he doesnt have anything else noteworthy to achieve in ODI's after that. He doesnt have much to achieve in tests too, but maybe he can play a few more years in tests to smoothen the transition for India's upcoming test players (so that our test form doesnt dip drastically).

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Yes I agree. He should definitely leave the limited over scene after WC. I am sure he values test cricket a lot more.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Retire for ODI, and Test. And play T20I for rest of his lives.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
^IPL is pretty much a veterans league already for International Cricketer. I won't be surprise if that actually happens.

Users who are viewing this thread