No Plan to retire now - Sachin Tendulkar

Bibu07

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Meh, I'm Indian, and am already tired of all the hype that is surrounding him. His fans are getting more and more ridiculous. In my opinion, he should take a break from Limited overs after the World Cup and play Test cricket for a year or less. By then, it should be the right time to hand up the boots, else he'll have to face some scrutiny to be expelled from the team. Which would definitely not be the right end to his marvelous career. :noway

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
else he'll have to face some scrutiny to be expelled from the team.

Are you sure, I think he is better than ever and can make many bowlers face that wrath.
I don't agree whatever you may call it, I'm diehard fan but talking about reality.

Bibu07

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are you sure, I think he is better than ever and can make many bowlers face that wrath.
I don't agree whatever you may call it, I'm diehard fan but talking about reality.

Your point being? Rely on him for the next couple of World Cups? I'd say let someone younger take up his position, ofcourse after the World Cup, in limited overs. So that someone younger can actually get some experience and its for a better future.

No doubt Sachin has been doing well, but how can be so sure about the future with his age racking up?

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
No doubt Sachin has been doing well, but how can be so sure about the future with his age racking up?

That's his problem. When he sense that his body won't be any co-operative to play cricket, he will retire obviously. A person who has been playing cricket for ages would be definitely knowing how & when to take a break & from which form -ODI or Test or both. Don't worry! :)

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Your point being? Rely on him for the next couple of World Cups? I'd say let someone younger take up his position, ofcourse after the World Cup, in limited overs. So that someone younger can actually get some experience and its for a better future.

When did I say that, I just said that it is unlikely which is below

In my opinion, he should take a break from Limited overs after the World Cup and play Test cricket for a year or less. By then, it should be the right time to hand up the boots, else he'll have to face some scrutiny to be expelled from the team.

As far his retirement is considered, I agree their with Suren bhai's post. Whenver he'd feel like retiring, he'd retire from cricket. India don't have to worry about that he'll retire like Hayden.

and I don't think that we should think about his retirement when he is in form of life and isn't showing any signs of decaying and is still giving his 100 %.

Users who are viewing this thread