How Sachin Tendulkar almost missed it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksduded

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i think its more important to have a team member have the world record and the first person to go past 200.... that is not just a mere record... it is one of the biggest ones......

lets look at the scenerio...

1. Sachin stranded on 199* but India winning
2. Sachin getting 200 but India losing

I am pretty sure Indians would have taken option 2.... after a year from now... no one would have talked about India losing after scoring 400+.... but ppl will be talking Sachin being the first person to score 200 for decades...

sometimes personal milestones are bigger specially when the impact is bigger than a team win..... Sachin's 200 have made fans more happier even if they would have lost....

this coming from a Pakistani who are not the world record holders anymore....

but Sachin is the most deserving player to get it....

Params7

International Cricketer
And how do you know Sachin wasn't encouraging Dhoni on the other end to play his game? Dhoni pretty much made his best 50 here, he was on fire, Sachin would have to be the criminal to tell Dhoni to slow down and give him strike. Sachin has never went out of his way to achieve records anyways, as in he's never purposely camped the striking position to achieve milestones.

Dhoni, Sachin played naturally, as if the only thing in their mind was not getting out and accumulating as many runs as they can, which is the way to do it. You would probably get too nervous and get yourself out if you focus too much on personal milestones, like achieving 200.

That's why only Sachin has been able to do it till now ;)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
i think its more important to have a team member have the world record and the first person to go past 200.... that is not just a mere record... it is one of the biggest ones......

lets look at the scenerio...

1. Sachin stranded on 199* but India winning
2. Sachin getting 200 but India losing

I am pretty sure Indians would have taken option 2.... after a year from now... no one would have talked about India losing after scoring 400+.... but ppl will be talking Sachin being the first person to score 200 for decades...

sometimes personal milestones are bigger specially when the impact is bigger than a team win..... Sachin's 200 have made fans more happier even if they would have lost....

this coming from a Pakistani who are not the world record holders anymore....

but Sachin is the most deserving player to get it....

If we start doing that, then we will have to do it for many major milestones. Team always comes first, if you can make your milestone within their requirements, fine. But if not, then you got to wait for the next opportunity. Sachin has come close to this 200 quite a few times in the last year (163*, 175, etc). Today he crossed it. If he hadnt, he would have had more opportunities to do the same and would have eventually touched it. But if India scored only 380 today and SA made a very good chase of it (and had won the game), it would have given SA the confidence to do well in the next game too (maybe win the series too) and India would be crucified by the fans, media, etc and also lose their confidence.

relentless_rock

Club Cricketer
Not very relevant. A score over 350 culd have only been eclipsed with very bad bowling performance from India. So India having scored 380+ was in a very good position eitherways.
It would have been a tribute of some sort to allow Sachin the opportunity to get the 200 milestone. For it was his innings that vry much set the platform for such a huge score! And individual scores like these are not easily achievable rather a rarity!!

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
In my views 400 was really important just for stats since India became the team to cross 400 thrice.
But what I think that a score between 350-400 was enough to win a match by good margin.

Well dhoni is greedy all knows.
Thank you hash.:D

ksduded

Club Cricketer
In my views 400 was really important just for stats since India became the team to cross 400 thrice.
But what I think that a score between 350-400 was enough to win a match by good margin.

Well dhoni is greedy all knows.
Thank you hash.:D

umm so the first person to break 200 is not an important enough stat but to break 400 the third time and not even the first team to so.... i am trying the grasp the logic here

and again... its not that India wanted to get to 300... they were already at 380..... you are not going to save 400 if you can't save 380..... and since more than 2900 ODI no one has scored a 200..... it can't be clearer than what is more important here.... Indian fans are more happy because Sachin got to 200.... the press would have crucified Dhoni for leaving Sachin stranded at 199*.....

Last edited:

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
Such a biased opinion :facepalm
Who cares if he ALMOST missed it? He got it in the end, how does it matter?
Do you want to sack Dhoni?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Tactically, Dhoni didn't do anything wrong. In the end, Sachin got to the 200 so there's no use hypothesizing what would have happened if he didn't.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ya, I think Sachin must had tell him to do that! He did nothing wrong because more Sachin would face a ball more he would have a chance to get out. <Thats what Sachin thought maybe...

irottev

School Cricketer
Dhoni strikes me as a selfish player also. He always shuffled himself up the order when the batting is going well but when they're in the ████ he bats low and just bats for a not out.

He's a very good batsman, not doubting that btw.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
I don't know what others think, but my personal feeling is that Dhoni is really selfish and greedy. However, when Sachin got the 200, each and everyone was happy, Dhoni would have been a bit sad, and I am damn sure about it.

He missed a 200 against Lanka (183*), and that could be a major reason, seeing someone else cross the milestone.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
With every post you make yourself look like a bigger and bigger idiot.

Although if you are deliberately trying to annoy people, then good job!

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
However, when Sachin got the 200, each and everyone was happy, Dhoni would have been a bit sad, and I am damn sure about it.

He missed a 200 against Lanka (183*), and that could be a major reason, seeing someone else cross the milestone.
:facepalm

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Only Yudi would create a thread like this.

Winning the game and series was always more important than Sachin's 200.

Gazza added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Dhoni strikes me as a selfish player also. He always shuffled himself up the order when the batting is going well but when they're in the ████ he bats low and just bats for a not out.
Mate, I tried saying that in another thread and was drowned by bias.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Only Yudi would create a thread like this.

Winning the game and series was always more important than Sachin's 200.

The team had another chance in the next match. And, there are situations where personal records come first, and yesterday was no exception. A 200 in an ODI was obviously much important than a match or a series a win.

If one would have been given an option before the match, India's Victory or Sachin's 200!
Most of the people would have said Sachin's 200!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread