Great Bits of Commentary

PokerAce

Banned
I found this compilation of great (witty) bits of commentary by Harsha Bhogle. I felt this could be a great thread. People can add more commentators as we go along.

There have been threads about stupid things commentators said, so I think a thread with good and intelligent commentary is in order. While I am focusing on Harsha Bhogle, more commentators can be put in by others.

Here goes -

MS Dhoni was on a long toss losing streak. After Dhoni called incorrectly at one more toss, and Harsha Bhogle - “MS Dhoni has yet again called for heads to the coin which has two tails”

On T20, Harsha Bhogle - ”This format of game is like playing book cricket, every page you open, you get 4s and 6s”

On Rajat Bhatia, during IPL - "He is slow, but has a slower ball on top of that. That ball is so slow that the batsman receiving it won't figure out if it was the previous ball".

Another one about Bhatia - "Any bowler has 3 pace variations - fast,medium and slow. But Rajat Bhatia has - slow,slower and slowest! "

On Hirwani's Batting Skills - "If you make a team with all the No.11s of all the teams, Hirwani would still come at No.11 in the line up"

After a dolly was dropped - "I tell you what, these are the most difficult catches to drop!"

Sums up Anderson vs Steyn debate best - "many asking about steyn vs anderson. anderson top bowler, among best of his era but Steyn transcends eras."

When batsmen were finding gaps at will - "Let me tell you, there are fielders on the ground by the way"

Geoffrey Boycott pointed out that Sachin has never been on the Lords honours board. Harsha Bhogle - "So whose loss is it, Sachin’s or the honours boards'?"

"Its a kind of situation where a player like Virender Sehwag comes handy. He would say why should I hit the ball in gap between the fielders. I would hit the ball in the gap above their heads. Its a much larger gap."

After Adam Gilchrist took a blinder, Harsha Bhogle - "some of the sea-gulls flying here are going to get a complex."

To Ian Chappell - "I am sure you'll never become a lawyer , I understand everything you say".

"As you would say in Punjabi... kee gull hai? In Australia they say sea gull hai!!! " (Sry can't translate this, the translation will butcher the joke. It can't be translated and remain a joke)

"If I cannot be Tendulkar then Tendulkar can also not be me "

After Md. Irafan gets a yorker terribly wrong, Harsha Bhogle - "Irfan tried to bowl yorker to Raina but ended up bowling yorker to Umar Akmal."

On Rahul Dravid's final innings in cricket, which was in T20 for RR - “In a career that is marked by grace, style and beautiful batsmanship, it’s a slog that’s ended Rahul Dravid‘s career. But once again, it was what THE TEAM needed”

On Dravd's Team Ethics - "If the team tells him to walk on water, Dravid will ask how many kilometers".

It was shown on a screen during play that out of the 40 innings in which Dhoni remained notout India won 38 matches. Harsha Bhogle quipped - "May be if Dhoni realises that India is in a situation from which it can't win, he gets out".

In 1994, it was Najyot Sidhu's withdrawal with a stiff Neck that Sachin opened for the first time in ODIs. Harsha Bhogle - "We all now know what is Siddhu's biggest contribution to Indian cricket, a stiff neck!! "

Describing a Maxwell shot - "Look at that shot.. I have seen such a shot before.. I have seen this in hockey!"

On Kumble's retirement, comparing him to Sachin - "Sachin had to prove everyone right all the time, Kumble had to prove everyone wrong all the time".

Users who are viewing this thread