Twenty20 commentary and telecast quality discussion thread

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Slats used to be.
He went to ESS during the Asia Cup in 2004 where he was known as 'The Pitch Doctor' and carried around with him a sexy nurse by the name of Anarkali. :D
Thereafter he disappeared.
i think we'd see more of Slats during the next ESS broadcast that is 'India tour to Australia'

.Mob

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Bumble is a legend.

That is all.

Sagacious

Club Cricketer
lol Ian Chappel thinks that he knows every aspect of cricket.What he doesnt know is noone takes him and his comments seriously.:p And yes the same goes for Michael Atherton.:p

Say you are joking...

manee

Chairman of Selectors
lol Ian Chappel thinks that he knows every aspect of cricket.What he doesnt know is noone takes him and his comments seriously.:p And yes the same goes for Michael Atherton.:p

Just because they are critical of India, does not mean that no one takes them seriously. Atherton is one of the most respected pundits in the game; his views on Sreesanth were fair and I respect Atherton's guts for airing his views in front of a volatile audience.

Ian Chappell is a tad over critical of India but he too is well respected. Anyways, who could blame him for being harsh on some of the worst fielding ever (ODI series) and not expecting a squad of new comers (Rohit Sharma, Yusuf Pathan, Rohit Sharma), returnees (Sehwag, Pathan) under a new captain and without the four best players to lift the twenty20 trophy.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ian Chappell wasn't critical of India in the India v Australia semi-final game. I got the impression that he was impressed with the younger blokes and he was praising Dhoni's bold captaincy. Of course he supported Australia when they were batting, but what else do you expect him to do?

I respect Ian Chappell more than any other Aussie commentator with the exception of the legendary Riche Benaud.

I guess Dhoni has that "Aussie" attitude and it will take him far. Fearless, so far. I think it's his nature so that will stay.

I think most commentators have been fair in this tournament. Even Rameez Raja broke into a smile seeing the Indian celebrations after the match, although his voice broke when he said "India have won by just 5 runs"

I felt sorry for Rameez Raja, but he put up a bold face and showed professionalism and hid his disappointment really well. In that way, he's better than Ranjit Fernando who simply cannot stomach a Sri Lankan defeat.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I wouldn't say Ian Botham is that biased, he obviously will be more positive on England and want them to win but I doubt many Australians criticised England as much as he did. If England play badly he will make sure they know it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread