Twenty20 commentary and telecast quality discussion thread

baburao

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think i like David Lyod's commentary a lot.He is unbiased and very innovative.Ravi Shastri is very annoying.He thinks he is the best.Harsha Bhogle "I just get the feeling" bloody %^$^$% :mad:

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
personally i don't like ian botham, he was far too biased during india's tour of england, and always pointed out the bad points of india and the good points of england, glas he's not commentating in this cup...

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Ravi Shastri,yes,during Yuvraj's sixy knock went absolutely haywire !

I didtn like the way Ian Chappell was commentating in yesterday's game.He made Ranjit Fernando look better.

Overall,i really liked Goochie and Slats here.

baburao

Club Cricketer

I didtn like the way Ian Chappell was commentating in yesterday's game.He made Ranjit Fernando look better.

lol Ian Chappel thinks that he knows every aspect of cricket.What he doesnt know is noone takes him and his comments seriously.:p And yes the same goes for Michael Atherton.:p

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ian Chappell tried to maintain his composure, but his fear showed when Yuvraj was going berserk. But he was really appreciative of India's effort. At least not as bad as Ranjit Fernando was when Sri Lanka were losing to Australia. There he really went sick I though :D

Michael Slater is the best though - he's cheerful throughout and even made a joke when Australia lost. When David Llyod said "Australia needed 20 runs off 1 ball" Slats replied, "Oh, that's a tad tough!" :D

Sureshot

Executive member

Gooch? I've never heard him commentate because I'm always asleep for some reason....

I agree on Slats though.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
lol Ian Chappel thinks that he knows every aspect of cricket.What he doesnt know is noone takes him and his comments seriously.:p And yes the same goes for Michael Atherton.:p

You can't fling Athers in with the likes of Chappell. Athers is nothing like Chappell.

I agree Botham is very Biased hut, taking into consideration his character, one isn't surprised.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
I think David Lloyd, Slater, Gooch and Naseer Hussain are great. Hate Fernando and that Bangladeshi commentator. Ravi Shastri is very irritating too.

irottev

School Cricketer
I think every commentator has been biased at some stage. Bumble included. I only noticed it from him when England played us. He seemed convinced that England would win all the way through.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I think every commentator has been biased at some stage. Bumble included. I only noticed it from him when England played us. He seemed convinced that England would win all the way through.

Because they should have. They just collapsed in the last 5 or so overs.

Not many other commentators would be screaming if one of their bowlers had been hit for 36.

I miss Sir Geoffrey Boycott !
The most unbised commentator :p

And our favourite :cool:

Last edited:

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Bumble has been a huge India fan after England dropped out of the tournament. So he hasn't exactly been unbiased, but he's been entertaining :D

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Bumble really has it all. He is energetic with Bill Lawry as his hero, he has the accent which is helps a commentator be unique and he knows a lot about cricket to share at times of limited action whilst going insane when sixes are being hit. He is a great all round commentator.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Maybe ESS should give Chappell the sack and hire Bumble as a part of the 'Few Good Men'

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
I'd prefer both of them to be honest. Is Slats part of the ESS team as well now?

Users who are viewing this thread