Nrl 2009

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Aiton, Collis, Cuthbertson and Morris aren't hacks. They are all good players.

They might all be good players but we haven't bought big names so to speak. If the Sharks make the 8 next, that will be a start. It's about rebuilding after such a bad season in 2009.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
A few players that gradually increase the quality of you're team in all departments is better then getting just one star when rebuilding.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
We have lots of people come over our house for GF day, so we decided to do a lucky dip. You pay $2 and get a player - and if he gets first try scorer you get half the pot, and the other half goes to whoever gets motm. I brought two and got Brett Finch and Will Chambers. Hopefully Chambers crosses the line first and Finch has a stunner for motm!

My dad is a lucky bugger - he got Jarryd Hayne!

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Both of your players could be likely. I feel that best on ground is always swayed towards half-backs.

Anyway, not long to the game now. About 30 minutes to kick off now.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
We really need to get the exact time for kick off for NRL games, Channel 9 is screwing around the timing too much. I thought they game would be started by now.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Wowz0rs, I'm amazingly devastated. Shows how much I hate Melbourne. I'm about 25% as devastated as I would be if Stgeorge lost.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
We really need to get the exact time for kick off for NRL games, Channel 9 is screwing around the timing too much. I thought they game would be started by now.

Channel 9 controls what goes on when, so they can throw as many commercials at us. It's rubbish!

Yeah should of started 12 minutes ago >.<

I thought the game was meant to start at 5:15pm.

Well done to Melbourne. They deserved the win in the end, Parramatta only turned up for the second half. The penalty that eventually led to the field goal was a joke though. I think that was the only referring error made in the game.

I was torn in two on who I wanted to win. Melbourne finished higher and probably deserved it but I also wanted Cayless, Hindmarsh and Burt to win a premiership. After it was 22-6 I was fine with Melbourne winning but then Parra came back and wanted them to win. It was a fairly good game though.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I thought it was a pretty good game also tbh, although the first half was a little slow. I was really hoping the Eels would win when they got the game to 22-16 but that Slater penalty really killed the game off. The Storm probably deserved to win because they controlled the game for 65-70 mins. Moi Moi's try was fantastic though, I was probably as excited as an Eels fan when he crossed over.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I would say the Raiders v Dragons game was the best in terms of intensity, didn't see much of it during this finals series. Still was a great game for attacking footy, Storm managed to find quite a few gaps in the Eels defence and they were the better team on the day.

Still good on the Eels for fighting back, once the Storm got their lead I did have fears they would run away with it like they did in their past 2 games. Once they started to get some momentum you could see Melbourne start to worry. That dodgy call didn't help the cause but Inglis was cool as ever after many before him have missed easier kicks under a lot less pressure.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Will be on of the best runs you'll ever remember. At one stage fighting for the wooden spoon then winning what? 10/11 and knocking off the top 3 teams in consecutive weeks only to lose against the Storms.

Was always against the Eels though, living in the Parramatta region, just not my cup of tea to see people jump the bandwagon.

Eels first half definitely cost them though, played a shallow game.

Users who are viewing this thread