Rugby League Nrl 2012

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The 2012 season of the greatest game that man ever invented, the game they play in a non-fictional place, is due to kick off in 2 weeks.

A grand final preview with my two teams, the Tigers and Sharks, pitted against one another in the first week, so no matter what I'm getting some points on the board, more than I can say for half of you, whichever half that may be.

Can't wait to see the Moltzen/Marshall halves combination back together. I was pretty pissed when Moltzen was all but a Dragqueen, but then Lui being a douchebag and getting the sack has benefited the Tigers in the end.

Hopefully whatever issues exist between Farah and Sheens are just the media playing crap up, with our three halves on their game, we'll steamroll anyone. As for the Sharks, I just hope Carney makes it to at least week 4 and they end the season with at least 7 wins.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Should be a interesting season. Raiders should be in the top 8 if they follow their usual pattern.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Can't wait for round one! We made the grand final last season and its scary to think how good we could be this year. A full season of johnson working his magic. The hooker we've always lacked. Knowing johnson and maloney ripped up last season with shocking service from an incompetent dummy half, how good will they be with one of the best in the game!

An injury free Vatuvei (touch wood). Who saw his try last week? Wow, the speed is back and I cant wait to see johnson feed the beast.

Who will be our fullback come finals time? We already have a guy who is top 5 in the game, but many say the fish has the potential to be the best in the game. That will be an interesting battle.

We should have enough depth to not have to play second rowers in the centres this year, ropo back and hurrell could be a bolter.

Unfortunately our props are dropping like flies at the moment with 3 of our top 5 out for the early rounds. I hope we can get a few early wins with a depleted pack but the early rounds will obviously be a struggle.

We are going to kick manlys ass round one though, can't wait.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Yeah Nathan Friend is a good buy. A bit surprised that he only has 7 career tries, but when you've spent career surrounded by the talent on the Storm and Titans rosters, he probably hasn't had the opportunities. He's a fierce defender though, pretty sure I've seen him topping tackle counts and averaged like 50 per game in a season for the Storm IIRC.
If the Warriors start the season well, they're a genuine top 4 contender.. they're one of those teams that struggle early in the season with their high-risk play when rusty though.

The Raiders don't look to have changed much during the off-season. I see they picked up Shaun Berrigan from the Warriors, but otherwise no other name signings. Moved Orford on, I reckon he could've worked well with Campo if they'd gotten a chance, but injuries kept them apart.

And as I said last year, only to be affected by injury and poor selection, expecting Farah and Lawrence to be wearing the blue jersey this year. If they put that bloody useless Ennis in there again, I'll write an angry letter.

Full strength Tigers side this year:

1. Mitch Brown
2. Lote Tuqiri
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Beau Ryan
6. Benji Marshall
7. Tim Moltzen
8. Adam Blair
9. Robbie Farah
10. Keith Galloway
11. Gareth Ellis
12. Chris Heighington
13. Liam Fulton

Picked up Joel Reddy too, so should be some competition between Ryan, Reddy, Utai and youngster John Grant for wing/centre roles. Some promising back-up frontrowers too in Woods, Moors, Bell and Masila.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The Raiders don't look to have changed much during the off-season. I see they picked up Shaun Berrigan from the Warriors, but otherwise no other name signings. Moved Orford on, I reckon he could've worked well with Campo if they'd gotten a chance, but injuries kept them apart.

That was the plan but we all know what actually happened.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
He was the cameraman? I'm in the dark if there was something off-field for Orford. One thing I remember on the field is that scrum knock-on and loss to the Titans in the dying seconds, but that was his first game.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I was backing him to come good eventually, only played 6 games for the Raiders and Campo spent the season sidelined, so his expectations were probably pretty high, but then he is 33 now, so he was never going to be a long-term option.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
The old system had some massive problems, e.g. last season the Warriors finished sixth, then got smashed 40 - 10 in the first week of the playoffs, but somehow ended up making it to the grand final.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Yeah it wasn't perfect, I can see what they're saying about Week 2 of the finals being a bit unbalanced, but I thought every other week got it right. Have to wait and see if any flaws emerge I guess.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I wasn't against the old one but this new final system rewards the top 4 team and you don't get the crazy situation where 3 and 4 could eliminated in the first week.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Didn't catch too many games of the opening round, but it looks like the Cowboys were the only team not to show up. Probably the best start to a season for a long time, no off-field incidents making headlines before round one, and just about every game was evenly matched.

Some disappointing news out of the Tiges - Youngster James Tedesco blew his knee out and from what I heard, is a season ending injury. Mitch Brown granted a release from his contract too, so that leaves us pretty thin on fullbacks.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Brown would probably provide some great support for our premiership winning NSW Cup squad <>

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Pretty ugly Tigers side for the second week in a row. Still would've won if not for the typical crap from Utai and 4th string fullback Humble though. The decision to let Brown go is looking even more stupid :facepalm At least Tuqiri might be back soon, if Ryan keeps playing well, surely Utai can piss off.

Users who are viewing this thread